picture of your garage - Page 234 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

picture of your garage

 
Old 01-02-2019, 10:23 PM
  #3496  
wru
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 347
Default

wru is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 12:57 AM
  #3497  
77tony
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
77tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: TucsonAZ/WlfdCT
Posts: 7,563
Default

Originally Posted by TBC63 View Post

Looks awesome! I’m working my garage plan and been on the fence for single post lift vs. 4 Did you build the garage and plan for the single post lift. Love the roomy feel it creates. Have an opposing garage for daily drivers etc. Here is a pic for the playroom using a 4 poster. Thoughts?


Very nice design^^. Have owned both 2 and 4 post lifts in the past and planning on a single post drive on lift this time. Just started to plan a display garage to be built behind the house off of the dining room and will be able to view whats current through the glass sliders. Dropping in a single post drive on lift approx 2' from the far wall for easy egress. Each style lifts have there own advantages but judging by your design a single post drive on would be work.02 T



Last edited by 77tony; 01-03-2019 at 04:27 PM.
77tony is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 12:50 PM
  #3498  
Diablo Dude
User
 
Diablo Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 615
Default

Originally Posted by wru View Post
Thanks for sharing this!
Diablo Dude is online now  
Old 01-03-2019, 07:34 PM
  #3499  
guardsredcab
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
guardsredcab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Newburgh, IN
Posts: 419
Default

That is so cool. Thanks for sharing the article. Sadly, motorsports doesn't get that kind of coverage any more.
guardsredcab is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 11:55 AM
  #3500  
guardsredcab
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
guardsredcab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Newburgh, IN
Posts: 419
Default Garage or Party Barn?

Currently building "forever home" along with the workshop pictured below. It's about 1,400 sf, as large as subdivision covenants allow. Wish it could have been a bit larger, but will comfortably house GT4, Cup and 24' trailer in one spot, which will be a welcome change from the situation I've had over the last several years. Holes in floor of middle bay are for Atlas flush mount in ground lift. Allows use of building as what my wife calls "the party barn"... ugh!


guardsredcab is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 12:12 PM
  #3501  
TexasPorschelover
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TexasPorschelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 775
Default

Originally Posted by 77tony View Post


Very nice design^^. Have owned both 2 and 4 post lifts in the past and planning on a single post drive on lift this time. Just started to plan a display garage to be built behind the house off of the dining room and will be able to view whats current through the glass sliders. Dropping in a single post drive on lift approx 2' from the far wall for easy egress. Each style lifts have there own advantages but judging by your design a single post drive on would be work.02 T


Do not make the mistake of buying the Chinese made examples. They bind and are dangerous. This is the one you want and yes it does cost more but with your life and your expensive assets a couple grand is well worth it.

http://radliftsbygemini.com/single-post-car-lifts/
TexasPorschelover is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 12:51 PM
  #3502  
TBC63
User
 
TBC63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 129
Default

Originally Posted by TexasPorschelover View Post
Do not make the mistake of buying the Chinese made examples. They bind and are dangerous. This is the one you want and yes it does cost more but with your life and your expensive assets a couple grand is well worth it.

http://radliftsbygemini.com/single-post-car-lifts/
thanks guys. Love that you both turned to the single post design and have perspective. I’m going to map out the design into my plans. Looks like I’ll have a lot more room and perception of room which is important. I’ll PM with more questions. Appreciate the input shared.
TBC63 is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 12:57 PM
  #3503  
TexasPorschelover
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TexasPorschelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 775
Default

Originally Posted by TBC63 View Post


thanks guys. Love that you both turned to the single post design and have perspective. I’m going to map out the design into my plans. Looks like I’ll have a lot more room and perception of room which is important. I’ll PM with more questions. Appreciate the input shared.
I'm not saying the one in the pic is a Chinese made one. I'm just saying if it was made in China - pass. the Rad Designs unit is extremely stout and they will travel to you to install. Think all in it was like $10grand. Not bad.
TexasPorschelover is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 01:12 PM
  #3504  
carz80am
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 545
Default

I'm looking at the single post here https://aclifts.com/lifts/m-1-single-post-car-lift/
Prices aren't terrible, they do build after order so it takes a 2-3 months so plan ahead
carz80am is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 02:12 PM
  #3505  
Igooz
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Igooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: COTX
Posts: 3,054
Default

Originally Posted by guardsredcab View Post
Currently building "forever home" along with the workshop pictured below. It's about 1,400 sf, as large as subdivision covenants allow. Wish it could have been a bit larger, but will comfortably house GT4, Cup and 24' trailer in one spot, which will be a welcome change from the situation I've had over the last several years. Holes in floor of middle bay are for Atlas flush mount in ground lift. Allows use of building as what my wife calls "the party barn"... ugh!


Congratulations. I just built a little shop this year.
If it is not too late for you do some of the good things that I did:
1) Heated floor - my shop in CO, so cold. (If too late then whatever system you are installing ensure that it is on WiFi).
2) extra extra outlets - I went every 3 or 4 feet, and 2’ off the ground, appears to be a good area
3) Air compressor room - walled off with acoustic noise dampeners/insulation and isolated. I hate to hear those things run...and plumb the walls
4) some lifts run 240AC so pre wire.
5) Hot water tank - close to the large bay door to wish
6) drainage outside - extra rebar for the pad
7) minimum concrete depth to be safe should be 7”-8” at I think 4000 psi (please verify) for a 2 post. Ensure some place in the shop that you have that before you finish the floor. It is easier and cheaper to cut and pour now if need be...
8) Toilet/stainless sink?
9) Do you have room upstairs for storage? If yes, install an area with 240AC so that later you can install a lift/elevator/... it would be nice to lift and keep heavy engines upstairs...
...) Huge bay for Trailer is nice...build an awning outside for the trailer and keep cars inside only. That area make a nice 2-bay loft area...
Igooz is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 03:15 PM
  #3506  
Conekilr
User
 
Conekilr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 982
Default

Originally Posted by RealityGT View Post
So much win in this thread.. Some of these stables are mind blowing.. But this post by 9114609048 IMO... #mindblown... #garagefindgoals
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post12805683

Simply Awesome !! I would die to have these 2 cars in my garage...
Conekilr is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 03:17 PM
  #3507  
Conekilr
User
 
Conekilr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 982
Default

^^^^ My poor version of the above garage.

Conekilr is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 09:21 PM
  #3508  
77tony
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
77tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: TucsonAZ/WlfdCT
Posts: 7,563
Default

Originally Posted by TexasPorschelover View Post
I'm not saying the one in the pic is a Chinese made one. I'm just saying if it was made in China - pass. the Rad Designs unit is extremely stout and they will travel to you to install. Think all in it was like $10grand. Not bad.
Here's what I'm thinking about purchasing..single post drive on, 110v/20amp...$3395 + shipping. Tuxedo is located in TX, and from what I've read supports there products and carries spare parts. http://www.tuxedodistributors.com/au...-ss_manual.pdf
or one of there distributors:
https://automotiveequipmentspecialis...AaAjs1EALw_wcB


Last edited by 77tony; 01-05-2019 at 10:00 PM.
77tony is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 09:28 PM
  #3509  
guardsredcab
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
guardsredcab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Newburgh, IN
Posts: 419
Default

Originally Posted by Igooz View Post

Congratulations. I just built a little shop this year.
If it is not too late for you do some of the good things that I did:
1) Heated floor - my shop in CO, so cold. (If too late then whatever system you are installing ensure that it is on WiFi).
2) extra extra outlets - I went every 3 or 4 feet, and 2’ off the ground, appears to be a good area
3) Air compressor room - walled off with acoustic noise dampeners/insulation and isolated. I hate to hear those things run...and plumb the walls
4) some lifts run 240AC so pre wire.
5) Hot water tank - close to the large bay door to wish
6) drainage outside - extra rebar for the pad
7) minimum concrete depth to be safe should be 7”-8” at I think 4000 psi (please verify) for a 2 post. Ensure some place in the shop that you have that before you finish the floor. It is easier and cheaper to cut and pour now if need be...
8) Toilet/stainless sink?
9) Do you have room upstairs for storage? If yes, install an area with 240AC so that later you can install a lift/elevator/... it would be nice to lift and keep heavy engines upstairs...
...) Huge bay for Trailer is nice...build an awning outside for the trailer and keep cars inside only. That area make a nice 2-bay loft area...
Thanks for the suggestions Igooz.
1. It's located in central Texas with sprayed in foam insulation and HVAC, so it should be reasonably comfortable in the winter. Got two 6 ft ceiling fans to help in summer.
2. Got lots of outlets, but not quite that close together.
3. Have a separate mechanical/storage room and plan to for keep compressor in there. Didn't think about running the lines in the walls...good idea. Drywall is up, so too late for that one.
4. Have 240 in three locations (but not in the attic...like the idea of an elevator to move stuff up there!).
5. Water heater is in mechanical room...far away from large bay
6. Several floor drains (not yet visible in the pic).
7. Foundation is 24" minimum thickness. Built the pad under the lift holes to Atlas' specs and have conduit to run hydraulic and electric lines.
8. Stainless utility sink in the garage itself (will be in the middle of cabinets). Half bath off the first bay including a urinal! (tough negotiation with my wife over that one).

I'll post updates as construction progresses.
guardsredcab is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 10:14 PM
  #3510  
Yippiekiaye
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Yippiekiaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 909
Default

Got some new wheels on the 488. Changed out the aftermarket ones I had previously that came with the car when I bought it. Drives amazing!



Yippiekiaye is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: picture of your garage


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: