Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

picture of your garage

Old 08-27-2018, 01:49 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by markdk
SJJ28. Fantastic. What are the dimensions of your garage?
The garage area is 40 x 70...there's another 10ft of lounge/bathrooms not shown in photo
Old 08-27-2018, 03:15 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by SJJ28
The garage area is 40 x 70...there's another 10ft of lounge/bathrooms not shown in photo
The shop looks really nice.
Well done.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:47 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
The shop looks really nice.
Well done.
Thanks, life long dream come true!!
Old 08-27-2018, 05:03 PM
Apex Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 116 Posts

Old 08-27-2018, 05:52 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Just finished my garage update.... almost to where i want it to be... 6 bays, 1,700 sqft. Storage throughout the entire garage, new LED lighting installed, just waiting on new custom wood doors. My personal heaven.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:29 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 129 Posts

GT3 arrived yesterday. Updated photo of the garage!!

Old 08-28-2018, 11:56 AM
Sam147
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See my garage picture... Our Custom Sliding Garage door was designed by Rundum Meir of North America who are in Sliding Garage Doors service and maintenance business for a long time.

Custom Garage Doors by Rundum Meir of North America
Old 08-28-2018, 02:08 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

No inside pics as the garage is used mostly for synthesizing meth at the moment while saving for .2 ADM.
Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2018, 03:16 PM
M Coop
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Do I see a pitt for lift in the third picture? Bendpak Md-6xp?

Originally Posted by HEAT'N'COOL
Just finished my garage update.... almost to where i want it to be... 6 bays, 1,700 sqft. Storage throughout the entire garage, new LED lighting installed, just waiting on new custom wood doors. My personal heaven.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:28 PM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by longboarder
No inside pics as the garage is used mostly for synthesizing meth at the moment while saving for .2 ADM.
LOL.....
Old 08-29-2018, 12:38 AM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by BK77
LOL.....
Not sure if this is the right place to post but,
Everyone has been motivating me to clean and update my garage . I spent the early evening cleaning it and throwing out junk

My plan is lift, swisstrax or raceoeck. I amnot planning any cabinets. I just want it to look clean with a new look and fresh paint.
I would like to paint the concrete wall at the base. I was playing around with white paint and it looks really bad!
​that's when I got around to googling the proper way.

Someone recommended wunderfixx which is a concrete mix you coat over the entire section and it fills in pores,, you grind off blebs, wait to dry, sand and then paint. Not sure how safe it is since there is a cancer causing ingredient and my wife doesn't want me to try it.

Does anyone have a method or product to coat over the concrete before I paint it? Anyone like a particular paint or can recommend a color for painting the concrete area and the beige walls?

Has anyone painted these concrete areas before with great success? Thanks!!

- edit also what foam padding would you recommend to cover that pole? Any highly rated one on Amazon?

Old 08-29-2018, 02:33 AM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 184 Posts

Old 08-29-2018, 03:00 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Love this thread!!!
Old 08-29-2018, 09:53 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,112 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by MEM82
Not sure if this is the right place to post but,
Everyone has been motivating me to clean and update my garage . I spent the early evening cleaning it and throwing out junk

My plan is lift, swisstrax or raceoeck. I amnot planning any cabinets. I just want it to look clean with a new look and fresh paint.
I would like to paint the concrete wall at the base. I was playing around with white paint and it looks really bad!
​that's when I got around to googling the proper way.

Someone recommended wunderfixx which is a concrete mix you coat over the entire section and it fills in pores,, you grind off blebs, wait to dry, sand and then paint. Not sure how safe it is since there is a cancer causing ingredient and my wife doesn't want me to try it.

Does anyone have a method or product to coat over the concrete before I paint it? Anyone like a particular paint or can recommend a color for painting the concrete area and the beige walls?

Has anyone painted these concrete areas before with great success? Thanks!!

- edit also what foam padding would you recommend to cover that pole? Any highly rated one on Amazon?

I painted a cinder block wall in my garage with Behr Exterior Paint....about 6 years ago now. Don't recall how many coats, would have been at least 2. Used a roller pad for such a surface to help disperse the paint and hold enough paint. How many coats have you done? Another idea might be to paint the concrete portion a darker colour to hide the imperfections. You might also be surprised that once you paint the walls, the concrete may not stand out so much because it will all be fresh looking. Only other idea I have for the concrete is to put up some sort of usable panels to hide it. Otherwise may want to think about putting a fresh layer of smooth concrete on top of it. Then paint.

New brighter cooler lighting will also help.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:05 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
I painted a cinder block wall in my garage with Behr Exterior Paint....about 6 years ago now. Don't recall how many coats, would have been at least 2. Used a roller pad for such a surface to help disperse the paint and hold enough paint. How many coats have you done? Another idea might be to paint the concrete portion a darker colour to hide the imperfections. You might also be surprised that once you paint the walls, the concrete may not stand out so much because it will all be fresh looking. Only other idea I have for the concrete is to put up some sort of usable panels to hide it. Otherwise may want to think about putting a fresh layer of smooth concrete on top of it. Then paint.

New brighter cooler lighting will also help.
I painted and pressure washed my way through college... for that type of coarse wall, you need "block filler" type paint to fill in all the holes and crevices. It helps with waterproofing and acoustics too. Once that is on, you can paint over it if you want. The cheaper and easy way out is to ask your local paint store to add some color to the block filler and then you might just need one coat. It's thick and heavy stuff, but works great!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: picture of your garage