Old 01-14-2017, 02:22 PM
NoPaddleShiftFor
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 01-14-2017, 02:36 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Triple threat, quite the trio. Congrats.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:40 PM
0-60 freak
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slow and steady progress Name:  20170114_123141.jpg
Views: 2739
Size:  258.6 KB

Name:  20170114_123043.jpg
Views: 2756
Size:  315.9 KB
Old 01-14-2017, 02:42 PM
NoPaddleShiftFor
Advanced

Originally Posted by bronson7
Triple threat, quite the trio. Congrats.
Thanks. As you may have guessed from my name, they are all manual too. The LP640 took a while to find. Very few genuine, RHD UK cars.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:52 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NoPaddleShiftFor
Thanks. As you may have guessed from my name, they are all manual too. The LP640 took a while to find. Very few genuine, RHD UK cars.
As I figured. How many Kms on the 430? Are you the original owner? Can you give us your comparisons of the 3, realizing they're all very completely different.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:39 PM
NoPaddleShiftFor
Advanced

As I figured. How many Kms on the 430? Are you the original owner? Can you give us your comparisons of the 3, realizing they're all very completely different.
The 430 has done about 25,000 miles. I've done the last 12,000 of them.

Like you say, they are very different.

The 430 is a beautifully balanced car and is very easy to drive fast. It is also very comfortable on long drives and if my wife is choosing the car for the drive, she always chooses it.

The 640 is a big car and feels it. However, it is still fun to drive and I actually love hooning it around the great driving roads we have here in Scotland. It is also very quick on the track. However, I have to admit I keep it well away from it's limits as I am reliably informed that it would be a bad day if I went just beyond those limits.

The 911R is simply stunning to drive. The in gear acceleration is sensational and the turn in is like nothing I've ever driven. Haven't had it on track yet but think she will be very, very good on a tight little track like Knockhill.

I also have a TVR Sagaris which is a whole different drive again. Much more of a challenge to drive fast but so much more rewarding when you get it right. It is often the one I choose when I just want to go for a blast.

The following users liked this post:
Ufnavy06 (12-05-2020)
Old 01-14-2017, 03:51 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

TVR looks interesting, clearly, I know nothing about it but you have some great cars. Thank you for your comparisons.
By the way, what previous Porsche's have you had in the past? How were you fortunate enough to get the R? Very lucky!!!
Old 01-14-2017, 04:36 PM
NoPaddleShiftFor
Advanced

TVR looks interesting, clearly, I know nothing about it but you have some great cars. Thank you for your comparisons.
By the way, what previous Porsche's have you had in the past? How were you fortunate enough to get the R? Very lucky!!!
I used to have the 996 below and currently have a Panamera and Cayenne as my daily drivers.

I heard rumours of the 911R in September 2015 so went into my local Porsche dealership and spoke to my sales guy who I have a good relationship with. He said they had nothing confirming the car but they had one other customer who had signed a letter of interest. I signed a similar letter of interest and wired them £10k right there and then. The dealership had 6 deposits by the time of the Geneva show but only received 2 cars. I was lucky enough to be one of them. It certainly helped that my dealership hadn't sold any 918s. They knew about the other cars I have and that they get driven and are not garage queens. They also knew I wouldn't flip it.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:40 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

The 430 has done about 25,000 miles. I've done the last 12,000 of them.

Like you say, they are very different.

The 430 is a beautifully balanced car and is very easy to drive fast. It is also very comfortable on long drives and if my wife is choosing the car for the drive, she always chooses it.

The 640 is a big car and feels it. However, it is still fun to drive and I actually love hooning it around the great driving roads we have here in Scotland. It is also very quick on the track. However, I have to admit I keep it well away from it's limits as I am reliably informed that it would be a bad day if I went just beyond those limits.

The 911R is simply stunning to drive. The in gear acceleration is sensational and the turn in is like nothing I've ever driven. Haven't had it on track yet but think she will be very, very good on a tight little track like Knockhill.

I also have a TVR Sagaris which is a whole different drive again. Much more of a challenge to drive fast but so much more rewarding when you get it right. It is often the one I choose when I just want to go for a blast.

Sagaris is so raw.. how are you still finding spares for it? Wish tvr could still build that engine, one of the most impressive and amazing sounding I6's ever made. Tell us a little more about it... we never had access to those in the US.. just can read about them or see them when we go to goodwood FOS
Old 01-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Congratulations on the R and the other beauties you have.

I used to have a TVR a long time ago (90's) when I lived in the UK. It was a horrid fiberglass nightmare with electrics to match! I hope they're better now
Old 01-14-2017, 06:49 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

I used to have the 996 below and currently have a Panamera and Cayenne as my daily drivers.

I heard rumours of the 911R in September 2015 so went into my local Porsche dealership and spoke to my sales guy who I have a good relationship with. He said they had nothing confirming the car but they had one other customer who had signed a letter of interest. I signed a similar letter of interest and wired them £10k right there and then. The dealership had 6 deposits by the time of the Geneva show but only received 2 cars. I was lucky enough to be one of them. It certainly helped that my dealership hadn't sold any 918s. They knew about the other cars I have and that they get driven and are not garage queens. They also knew I wouldn't flip it.

Tell me that pic with the 996 is not in Scotland. Palm tree?
Old 01-14-2017, 09:49 PM
ClickClickBoom
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

There are palm trees in Scotland.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:22 AM
NoPaddleShiftFor
Advanced

Originally Posted by ClickClickBoom
There are palm trees in Scotland.
I was living in Los Angeles at the time but yes there are palm trees in Scotland; on the Isle of Bute. Gulf Stream passes right by and keeps everything a little warmer. My mom grew up on the island. The Ferrari Clud did a charity event there a couple of years ago. I can't find the pictures right now, but hopefully no one will be too offended at the one below without any cars.

I did find a video one of the members took though. It was a great day.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:47 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
Sorry for the poor quality of JPEG but my computer skills are limited...but you get the idea of the exterior...

I took a snap shot from the big FAT package will be submitted today to the Architectural "committee" and my wife, our architect, and realtor have to go and speak to the "committee". I don't have patience for such social events, and blaah blaahs explaning my business to a bunch of strangers...targetting Feb 20/21st. ground breaking.
My wife 1 - Architectural Committee 0
to my wife...
permit process now starts and I am old enough to know that I will run over budget and time. Just don't want to get a divorce over this...
Old 01-16-2017, 03:57 PM
DM1
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: picture of your garage