Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   picture of your garage (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/899286-picture-of-your-garage.html)

jo_ker 10-18-2016 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by lessthan3mph (Post 13683198)
Can you spot the differences???

Before:

After:

:D

:roflmao:

mooty 10-18-2016 12:10 PM

floor is dyed diamond polished concrete
it's best just to polish without dye
u cannot avoid concrete irregularities or cracks. that's what defines concrete.
i like the cracks and such.

also these dyes are NOT UV resistent. they lighten as they age under sun. the part closer to door is now lighter.

VERY high maintenance. i mop
them every other day but i do
walk bare feet on it. feels like marble.

the towels, jersey and such are all taken while i was still trying to figure out organization. now they are positioned in the order i put them
on before i get on bike. there's a insane system how i keep track of
them. u don't want to know.u will get a major headache

jo_ker 10-18-2016 12:44 PM

water robo cleaner could help - your garage is not that big so it could work out: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...bot+Scooba+450

as long mango is not stanced :D

mooty 10-18-2016 01:20 PM

^ i enjoy mopping the shrine with music blasting
no wife nagging
kids screaming

FFaust 10-18-2016 09:21 PM

Thanks. I currently have poly-urea with colour chips and it's absolutely impossible to find anything you drop, well unless is a part or some other big component, lol, so a no-go for the new build.

Aviation hangar floors are white and hold up well, but maybe polished concrete is the solution.

Otto Mechanic 10-18-2016 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by FFaust (Post 13684735)
Thanks. I currently have poly-urea with colour chips and it's absolutely impossible to find anything you drop,

I worry a lot about that. I decided on SwissTrax but haven't installed it yet. I decided on black rubber tiles under the bench (all they sell) and I expect I'm going to have trouble finding dropped small parts. At least they won't go far though...

autobahnA8 10-18-2016 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by FFaust (Post 13684735)
Thanks. I currently have poly-urea with colour chips and it's absolutely impossible to find anything you drop, well unless is a part or some other big component, lol, so a no-go for the new build.

Aviation hangar floors are white and hold up well, but maybe polished concrete is the solution.

i wanted to do a white floor like my hangar, but wife didnt like it. Ended up with the color chips in a gray-ish and agree with you - very difficult to find small odds and ends that fall down. On the positive side, it also hides dirt if i dont get around to cleaning a lot.

For those building - if you plan to epoxy - be sure your floor is very, very flat with a slight incline towards your doors or a drain. If you have any little imperfections, water will pool when you park after a rainy drive. It wont soak in like your bare concrete. I ended up buying a big squeege to move the water.

0-60 freak 10-19-2016 01:05 AM

my swisstrax samples are on the way, prob will go for the ribtrax in gray, appears 3k sq ft will run me about $10800.00 delivered

Shrevehorn 10-19-2016 01:50 AM

Put down the SwissTrax in mine about 1 1/2 years ago, love it. Held up well, very few issues.

Get the leaf blower after it from time to time to clean it up.

0-60 with that big of an area, you may have some room to negotiate with them, they are somewhat flexible if you get my drift. Very nice to deal with.

Otto Mechanic 10-19-2016 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by 0-60 freak (Post 13685202)
my swisstrax samples are on the way, prob will go for the ribtrax in gray, appears 3k sq ft will run me about $10800.00 delivered

I decided to only do the shop area under the bench and lifts with SwissTrax and hit their 4th of July sale so I got the whole thing done for about $5000 (850 sq. ft.) It's quite a bit cheaper than the local epoxy quotes I got.

I'm a little concerned about dropping stuff though, I also went with their ribtrax product and I can imagine searching for small parts in those ribs. But I was more concerned about traction on a polished concrete or epoxy floor. I suppose there's no perfect solution. The other thing I liked about it was I can install it and replace it myself. Since I have to re-paint my acrylic shop floor every couple of years that's comforting.

It sounds to me like you already got a better deal than I did. Maybe I should have gotten a bid on the parking stalls too.

Just in time 10-19-2016 10:08 AM

I opted for gray ceramic, similar in color to those used in the Porsche showrooms. Dropped things can found easily, HOWEVER, maintenance is not that easy. Every time it rains the cars leave a significant amount of water and residue that ultimately requires hosing off and mopping. From what I read here cost turned to be quite comparable to other solutions.

FFaust 10-19-2016 11:56 AM

^^ Porcelain tile is/was an option, but it scares me (cracking).

mooty 10-19-2016 03:13 PM

i do have race deck about 725-750SF in blk and orange tiles for $1500. if you are in or near SF bay area, it's not a bad buy. tiles are only parked on 10-12x

Just in time 10-19-2016 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by FFaust (Post 13685837)
^^ Porcelain tile is/was an option, but it scares me (cracking).

The porcelain in my garage installed is NOT top of the line. Yet after nearly a year of use it has neither cracked nor scratched. I have a lift with a car on it and the tile is just fine. I was concerned with cracks since the slab itself did have some cracks that were repaired before the tile was laid down. So far, knock on wood.

FFaust 10-19-2016 08:41 PM

Well tile sure is pretty...