good sunday morning...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 03:30 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts
Default good sunday morning...

10/18/15 Sunday approx 9:51am on skyline not far from FOUR CORNERS….

White lambo
Orange mclaren
Yellow lambo
Red cgt
Gray blk 7.2RS with red decal
Lava 991RS
Gray 997

Looks like they are having a good time driving briskly on the STRAIGHT part of skyline. The loud Gray blk 7.2RS with red decal decided to make a brillaint move passing center median, driving opposite traffic, toward a group of cyclist. The road is straight, I sure as hell know you saw me and our group of 9 single file I might add. Subject car cleared my handlebar by no more than 24” and our radar gun clocked you at 92mph. you are caught on five go pro video cameras and two still pic with your license plate.

The pebbles u kicked up damaged a set of rare obermyer milensteins….. and I am still pouring hydrogen peroxide on my legs as I type. if you must drive fast, perhaps you can join me in my track day where I can school you on how to make a pass quickly and safely. Otherwise, it is best if you just follow the speed limit and keep your license intact.

I hope I don’t see u on 84, 35, 92 again, b/c one never knows where those five gopro videos may end up. you are lucky I don’t know how to upload things to youtube, YET.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:51 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Oh boy .... Of all people to run into.... Busted .. Very dangerous to innocent people on the road as well. Cars or bikes. I'm sure someone can upload them here Not cool on busy roads. Gives car guys a bad name.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:00 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 913 Posts

this is why i ride MTB
Old 10-18-2015, 04:14 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mooty, I hear you as far as cycling on the roads. I've had a few close calls myself. Glad you're okay.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:15 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow, mooty, I'm glad you and your friends are safe. Odds are it wasn't the first time this bonehead pulled a move like that. You're probably too gracious in giving him another chance.....
Old 10-18-2015, 04:37 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank goodness mooty and other cyclists were not seriously hurt. It is truly upsetting where other road users do not show RESPECT to other road going taxpayers.

That guy is lucky none of the cyclist have reported him/her to the authorities, at the time the incident happened. He could easily have gotten a ticket.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Last edited by GT3RS-Fan1; 10-19-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:12 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

Jebus.....worse than those idiots in beverly hills. Glad you lived to hunt them down mooty....
Old 10-18-2015, 06:21 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I live in a city full of cyclists. While they seem to always be in the way, I always slow down and go as far away from them as possible, lest one of them loses their balance and veers infront of me. If I'm on back country roads, I do the same. Mooty, I'm glad you are OK but I personally would encourage you to report them. Here's an idea: http://www.policeone.com/police-forums/
Old 10-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Cbwell
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks, glad you guys are all ok and things didn't turn out worse. I'm still stuck on 'our radar gun clocked ....'
Old 10-18-2015, 06:36 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Oh, The Sunday Sennas
Old 10-18-2015, 07:42 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
this is why i ride MTB
u haven't hit deers? they are a riot

Originally Posted by bronson7
Mooty, I hear you as far as cycling on the roads. I've had a few close calls myself. Glad you're okay.
just some blood on elbow, forearm, *** has f
giant bruise, calve cut, but I do enjoy the hydrogen peroxide burn. I'm a bit strange. I don't use cotton swab, I just pour it on.....

Originally Posted by Cbwell
Sucks, glad you guys are all ok and things didn't turn out worse. I'm still stuck on 'our radar gun clocked ....'
this area is well known for cyclist. a lot of us carry camera, go pro, and radar guns.

of course some cyclist are moronically unpredictable and I get it. but theynaresubject to sane traffic law at least in CA. u cannot pass them at well. it as if u are passing a car when it's one lane. and don't always think bikes are slow, on descent, we are faster than 90% of the cars, I don't pass cares on descent. I hit brakes and follow them down the hill...

we all have some fun on weekends, but some ppl are just beyond stupid
Old 10-18-2015, 08:18 PM
Tim Kay
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have a responsibiltiy to turn the a-hole in, even if it turns out you know the person, if the evidence is there. not only to possibly striaghten his act out but it sends a message to others doing the same. having lost more than one friend to reckless drivers (i formerly raced national level road) these kind of incidents boil my blood.

tim
Old 10-18-2015, 08:26 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i feel strong that there are morons a-holes on both sides of the car/cyclist situation (not in this case obviously, one sided here)

what you describe should be punished to the full extent of the law
i also live in a cyclist city
we have motorists that disregard them, are disrespectful, dangerous and self centered
we also have cyclists here that fit that description. they are the ones in the road 3 across despite the fact there is a bike lane, or running stop signs, etc. I cycle too. And I have one simple rule - obey traffic laws, all of them. Being on a bike doesn't entitle me to different rules.

I have had the fortune of watching police put on sirens and pull over cars for endangering cyclists. So satisfying to watch. And once, I saw the same with a cyclist that was in the middle of the road holding up traffic, etc. Cop pulled him over and ticketed him.

In this case, obviously car was WAY in the wrong. And I agree you should turn over that video to the cops!
Old 10-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Glad to hear you're ok John - sounds like it was a close call.

When I ride my bike, I stick to trails only where there are no cars around, just to eliminate even the chance of these kinds of encounters.

As a counterpoint, I think it's just as reckless for cyclists to go on roads where sports cars drivers are known to exploit their limits (regardless if it's illegal or stupid or dangerous or not). In general, you can't stop sports cars from driving too fast on such roads.

We have all, as sports car enthusiasts, at least at one point, at one age in our lives, have gone faster on public roads, than is smart or legal. And don't even say you haven't because you'd be a f**king liar!
Old 10-18-2015, 09:58 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 259 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear and glad you guys are okay. Unfortunately douche bags come in all sorts of cars.

Quick Reply: good sunday morning...