Sponsored by:

good sunday morning...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 10:13 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Not fun and I've been there.

I got hit by a car in June, plenty of witnesses, driver just thought cyclists shouldn't be on the road. She destroyed a one month old $10K build.

It's going to cost the driver $60K in med bills before my attorney starts on her. No good for either side. Stay safe, high vis, lights, whatever.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:00 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
Not fun and I've been there.

I got hit by a car in June, plenty of witnesses, driver just thought cyclists shouldn't be on the road. She destroyed a one month old $10K build.

It's going to cost the driver $60K in med bills before my attorney starts on her. No good for either side. Stay safe, high vis, lights, whatever.
Ouch. Hope you're recovering(ed) well.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:24 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by br911
Oh, The Sunday Sennas
A-holes. Glad you are ok. Relatively speaking.

I saw a Sunday senna put his newer mustang into the Armco on the snake this am. Not too bad but front badly crunched. Roads were misty. He clearly gassed it and back end whipped around. Only pride injured.

People need to chill out. I like a canyon run as much as anyone but use your damn heads.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:22 AM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was up on 84 out of Woodside and crossed Skyline on the way to annual La Honda Fire Brigade P-cake breakfast with my '96 C4S around 9am. Alice's lot was full as was every available parking space around. Exotics, bikers and cyclists all trying to enjoy the same space . Unfortunately, a busy day for the fire department, if you know what I mean…… John, sorry to hear your experience!
Old 10-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 258 Posts

Reckless Endangerment (that was almost vehicular manslaughter) isn't something to joke around about. Turn the evidence in to the Police.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:50 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
u haven't hit deers? they are a riot
no deer. but squirrels, dogs, frogs, turtles, boulders, trees a plenty so only a matter of time. i'll still take any of the above over 5,000-6,000lb steel object piloted by cell phone-addled idiot any day of the week.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:03 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

The pebbles u kicked up damaged a set of rare obermyer milensteins….. and I am still pouring hydrogen peroxide on my legs as I type. .
No doubt being both an avid cyclist and a motivated canyon driver causes me a bit of psychic discomfort.
but
the cyclist personna always wins out and i never would put a grouppo at risk.

i have more problems with teenagers and pickup truck drivers than "car guys"

wheels were damaged by the pebbles or did you also go down for skin removal process?

Craig
Old 10-19-2015, 05:17 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 337 Posts

Idiots. Glad you're ok John.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:20 PM
Oldskewl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just leaving this here...

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?hl=en
Old 10-19-2015, 07:13 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Never good to hear somebody you know, even remotely, is put in harms way.

But...

Think twice about escalating this car/cyclist war, especially if you are on both sides of it. I live on one of this area's prime mountain roads for hot-shot cyclists, motorcyclists, and car drivers, and the cyclists are the most unsafe and disrespectful. Rarely ride single file, never stop for signs or signals, and leave their punctured tires discarded on the side of the road. And if they do stop for a signal, they pass all the cars that just passed them, bunch up at the intersection, slow traffic while they take off and clip in, only to then be slowly passed by all of the same cars again. Entitled ********. I stopped street riding because I do not want to be associated with them. When I did, it was with full acceptance that I needed to be clear of any motorized vehicle at any time.

I know the recently passed law gives cyclists rights to space in CA, however in reality the law should not have been passed. There is no way for a car and cyclist to coexist safely on a canyon or mountain road with blind turns and no shoulder.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:48 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Never good to hear somebody you know, even remotely, is put in harms way.

But...

Think twice about escalating this car/cyclist war, especially if you are on both sides of it. I live on one of this area's prime mountain roads for hot-shot cyclists, motorcyclists, and car drivers, and the cyclists are the most unsafe and disrespectful. Rarely ride single file, never stop for signs or signals, and leave their punctured tires discarded on the side of the road. And if they do stop for a signal, they pass all the cars that just passed them, bunch up at the intersection, slow traffic while they take off and clip in, only to then be slowly passed by all of the same cars again. Entitled ********. I stopped street riding because I do not want to be associated with them. When I did, it was with full acceptance that I needed to be clear of any motorized vehicle at any time.

I know the recently passed law gives cyclists rights to space in CA, however in reality the law should not have been passed. There is no way for a car and cyclist to coexist safely on a canyon or mountain road with blind turns and no shoulder.
Wow allen, tell us how you really feel................................
Are you typically a fan of wild generalization and prejudice?

"There is no way for a car and cyclist to coexist safely on a canyon or mountain road with blind turns and no shoulder."

That would be funny if it weren't so sad. I've been co-existing safely in these environments on both forms of transport for nearly 40 years.

"I stopped street riding because I do not want to be associated with them"

You could start riding again and while doing so, take the time to challenge the entitled ******** to change their / our behavior.

Feel free to reply, but I think we have both made our points clear and not much point in belaboring them.

cheers

Craig the cyclist

here's the best of both worlds.
  • Load the bike on a car.
  • Drive
  • Have fun
  • Park
  • Unload bike
  • Ride
  • Have more fun.

Easey-Peasey
Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

It's what I see literally every morning on Mulholland Drive.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:24 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Geez, I remember while being a kid riding BMX bikes dreaming about the day being old enough to drive and getting a great car. Since turning 16, never have looked back

Regardless, we need to share the road...
Old 10-19-2015, 09:39 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trade video footage for replacement set of obermayr miliensteins
Old 10-19-2015, 09:58 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Mooty

Sorry to hear about this incident. Probably the one really good thing about living in the frozen north lots of empty cycling roads to ride (when they are not frozen).

Hope you are healing up.

Tal

Quick Reply: good sunday morning...