Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2016 regular GT3 Lava: No P11 nor P03...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 05:55 AM
Filos Hippos
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down My 2016 regular GT3 Lava: No P11 nor P03...

First post so hello and a very good day to all of you!

I'm one of the lucky shots who was able to order a 2016MY regular GT3.

As you would imagine speccing the car took me some time but I enjoyed the entire process very much.

Production is set for end of december so delivery in '16. Will be a rare car indeed.

Basicaly I ended up ordering a "Lava Orange, Club Sport, black LED's, PCCB, 90L, Sport Chrono, Alcantara, carbon, PCM, Front Lift-car" WITH the light weight bucket seats option (P11). Was very very exited when I saw a similar car on Autogespot website.http://www.autogespot.be/nl/porsche-991-gt3/2015/07/20

I was gutted to hear the P11 were not available anymore and had to be replaced by the regular sport seats (P03) but convinced myself it would still look great.

No need to tell you guys how disappointed I was when the informed me yesterday even the P03's are not available anymore and therefore I can't even spec the Club Sport Package with rollbar and fire extinguisher as these 2 options are "linked".

So even paying over 180'€ does not allow one choosing his own options on a GT3 Porsche... Very sad and almost a dealbraker for me.

I get why some of you guys feel Porsche is somewhat arrogant with it's customers.

Will keep you posted!

Last edited by Filos Hippos; 10-18-2015 at 06:10 AM. Reason: adding link to website
Old 10-18-2015, 06:24 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

First: congratulations!

Annoying that you can not get the club sport package. I would go crazy...
Old 10-18-2015, 08:54 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Did you initially have a confirmed order that included the buckets and CSP? If so, that is horrible. I have a confirmed order (v215) for a GT4 with PTS and LWB and if PAG removes either option from my build, not only will I not keep the car but it will be the last straw for me with Porsche.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Filos Hippos
AutoX

Not sure if it was V215. Will check with dealer tomorrow.

Not so keen on Porsches attitude either. I've got a very slight chance to get an RS allocation and not getting the LWB and roll cage on that car would definitely mean no more (new) Porsches for me.

Can't really see the problem to be honest. Ok, not enough supply for the buckets can happen for some reason but why wouldn't they ease the pain and still build it with roll cage. It's not like it's my fault after all.

It now seems that they are making matters worse by not giving either...
What a PITA!!!

Their trackway weapon can't be delivered with F..... buckets and harness.... Sweet baby Jesus!

Will go aftermarket but not so sure on what cage or seats...
Old 10-18-2015, 12:35 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That's terrible. Are you in the UK? (Interesting that they're doling out a few more allocations, which didn't seem likely only a year or so ago.) Hopefully the RS works out--with CS and LWB.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:06 AM
Filos Hippos
AutoX

No, not in UK. Live in Belgium.

RS ordered through the Netherlands though but it's a long shot...

You guys know "STÄTUS", they do the so called Icon bucket seat which you can design yourself to a certain extend.

Would go with black leather, red alcantara and red stitching. Not sure if it's any good?

Old 10-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Filos Hippos
AutoX

No one familiar with this brand STÄTUS?

Got official "confirmation of cancellation" CSP and bucket seats yesterday...

Apparently production of regular GT3's does end this year. All other P-cars (BXs, Caym, ...) with bucket seats are delayed at least 8 weeks.

As the production of the GT3's for some reason can't be postponed, maybe due to pollution or homologation regulations, my car will be produced without the buckets and can't be delayed even if I want it to be.

Ok, so far but what I don't get is why they just can't install the bloody cage?!? Is it not compatible with the regular seats fore some reason? Or is it just Porsche imposing their rules on some poor unimportant ignorant strange buyer...

Have been lurking at Z06/Z07 tbh...
Old 10-20-2015, 11:41 AM
Filos Hippos
AutoX

But then I look at this...

Old 10-20-2015, 01:20 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Filos Hippos
No one familiar with this brand STÄTUS?

Got official "confirmation of cancellation" CSP and bucket seats yesterday...

Apparently production of regular GT3's does end this year. All other P-cars (BXs, Caym, ...) with bucket seats are delayed at least 8 weeks.

As the production of the GT3's for some reason can't be postponed, maybe due to pollution or homologation regulations, my car will be produced without the buckets and can't be delayed even if I want it to be.
I hope that these regulations do not foreshadow the end of ALL normally aspirated GT Porsches.

Quick Reply: My 2016 regular GT3 Lava: No P11 nor P03...