Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

After 4:30 some sun,shadows and some wet grass

Old 11-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Watching your hands, you were cool as can be through the grass!

Your photos are also making me like white on this car more and more... I feel this hobby causes us to be borderline insane - I'm already trying to figure out my RS spec when my '16 GT3 is just 2 weeks out from arriving at port.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by Serge944
Your photos are also making me like white on this car more and more... I feel this hobby causes us to be borderline insane - I'm already trying to figure out my RS spec when my '16 GT3 is just 2 weeks out from arriving at port.
It is partly fun and partly frustrating.

A friend of mine recently finalized his RS Spec:

He went thru LO, Purple, White and finally he chose Silver.

Last edited by Kobalt; 11-05-2015 at 04:54 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Unfortunately I left the lift in SUV mode...

Old 11-04-2015, 09:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
After 4:30 some sun,shadows and some wet grass

8.55 Wet and dry and some grass - YouTube
Finally we see the hands in the video I like your driving, nice and smooth. How I drive when not overdriving on European tracks lol.
Slow in fast out, lots of of save reserve to account for tricky conditions. How do you like your RWS at 2:40 :-)

Kept it cool and collected in the grass. The car is crazy capable but when you get out of shape, stuff happens fast in it.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:07 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Finally we see the hands in the video I like your driving, nice and smooth. How I drive when not overdriving on European tracks lol.
Slow in fast out, lots of of save reserve to account for tricky conditions. How do you like your RWS at 2:40 :-)
I can feel that I have more room for speed in the exit. That is an indication.

This was just my 7th lap and Adanauer Forst is all about timing so I need more laps there. I got some understear in the slow left in AF and also in Wehrseifen. I guess that some more camber would help there.
I guess I'm still faster thru these two corners with my old car, which has a much more aggressive setup and I'm been practicing a lot with that car

The car is crazy capable but when you get out of shape, stuff happens fast in it.
I guess so. The good thing about doing a lot of laps on a track is that you know very early what is going to happen when you do something bad.

In Schwedencreutz and Fuchsröhre I can definitely feel how much stable and secure this car is compared to my 997.1 GT3.

The PDK-S gives you the time you need to brake and downshift after going fast overt the jump in Schwedencreutz.

In the 997 sometimes I don't have time to downshift because it takes so long time for the car to get stable enough for braking that there simply is no time left for downshifting before the fast lefthander.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Some more reflections on the car:

RS is LOUD on the track. Actually I need to use ear buds now. I think it is the induction sound that is getting a very hi pitched tone. It is Ok for an hour or so but after that I notice that I'm short shifting to get it a bit quieter... I'm probably getting old

I would like to want the Hazard button placed better for easier, more safe, access. When I driving with gloves I feel insecure if I hit the button or not. Can be very important under some situations.

I also would like to have two buttons on the steering wheel which are programmable: For instance it can be nice to be able to go from harder suspension to softer without having to find the proper button on the console.
I sit rather close to the steering wheel so reaching some of the console buttons are cumbersome.

I'm not completely friend with the Club Sport 6-point harness yet: It feels like I have to force the seat when I want it to get into the normal seat position when driving on the track. It is as if lower part of the harness is the culprit.

Me and wife drove almost 3000 km's in 4.5 days and we have no problem with fatigue or pains in back, and stuff like that. That is amazing.

And as Trakcar said: It is like being a rockstar having this car. But white is not as rockstarish as Purple
Old 11-16-2015, 08:04 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Some more observations:

The Race TPMS doesn't like the tire pressures I like: Getting annoying warnings.

It looks like the car think that is got a 66 liters tank instead of 90: The estimated distance that the computer calculates is almost worthless.

When starting the engine it takes a little bit longer than you would expect. Not sure if intended or if it is a fault.
Maybe it will be fixed with an update of the software. I've heard from one owner that have had the same experience that after changing the sparkplugs and ignition coils the engine starts faster (I guess that they updated the software as well and that fixed the "problem")
Old 11-16-2015, 08:17 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

+1

They don't like anything below 26PSI or you get warning that doesn't go away.
So it drops below almost every time in between sessions so you always have a warning. And then not always can you reset in Race setting. So you first have to learn in Summer setting. PITA.
Only way to get rid of it as far as I figured out is to get them all over 26 pull in pit and reset Race setting, than they are good to go. But at least now it always keep showing pressure instead of the -- after a few laps in a 997.

Right, distance to go drops FAST after the half way point and once the low fuel light comes on its followed quickly by "limp mode, OK to drive on" fill it up, restart car and it's gone.

Plenty of times I have the car in R or D let foot of the brake and it doesn't finish starting because foot of the brake.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:27 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Plenty of times I have the car in R or D let foot of the brake and it doesn't finish starting because foot of the brake.
I don't think this is the case. Think of it as when you turn the key and the start engine starts to pull, it takes a lot longer before the car actually starts then you would expect (compared to other cars). I've started to get used to but then SuperDarius mentioned that he had this issue and now it seems to be gone after his last service.

I wish I had my car here so I could make a proper video of this.

No biggie, anyway.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:35 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

It takes so long to start that somehow I tried to get it in R or D and left of the brake that it gave me the message "put foot on brake to start" or something before its done trying to start and so stops trying to start.

Weird long anyway for a modern car.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:43 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

It takes so long to start that somehow I tried to get it in R or D and left of the brake that it gave me the message "put foot on brake to start" or something before its done trying to start and so stops trying to start.

Now I get it!

+1
Old 11-16-2015, 08:57 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I'm often not being very clear
Old 11-16-2015, 09:02 AM
Kobalt
Race Car