Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Kobalts Great White RS (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/899111-kobalts-great-white-rs.html)

race7117 10-27-2015 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kobalt (Post 12705195)
Do you mean how it is attached to the floor?

Yea we have had some issues with having to shave down the mounting bolts on some subframes and just wondered how Porsche did it. I was amazed that the clubsport package is installed after the car is completed, not during assembly on the factory line. Just wondering if it is diff than the GMG or other submounts

Kobalt 10-27-2015 01:25 PM

I'll check with the dealer tomorrow so I'm not wrong.

Kobalt 10-27-2015 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by lanpa8 (Post 12700893)
What do you mean by dash board reflective in left mirror?

I realized today that the reflection was in the window, not in the mirror.
Which is more logical, but still a bit annoying.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...b59eaebda7.jpg

TRAKCAR 10-27-2015 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kobalt (Post 12704520)

I'm jealous of your club sport package. I am pissed enough at Porsche that I think my next GT will be bought in Germany and then exported. They EUR/USD is almost there to make it a deal.

Originally Posted by Kobalt (Post 12704522)

This looks so great!

Originally Posted by FLAT6KING (Post 12704828)
What kind of cage is that?

The only proper one.

Originally Posted by race7117 (Post 12704937)
Pretty sure that is the factory Clubsport.
Kobalt you did it right really looks great and the red door straps look fantastic with the belts really thought that one through.....nice job. If I didn't go stealth I would have done this! Jealous we can't get the clubsport very nice

+1

Originally Posted by FLAT6KING (Post 12704970)
I'm wondering which US cage is best? GMG, RSS, or custom? I am tall so I'm concerned about seat travel. Especially with LWB.

I'm tall KA knows how to fit me in with BBI bar.

Originally Posted by Kobalt (Post 12705090)
It is the club sport cage.

And yes, not getting club sport package in the US totally sucks.

Totally. Porsche is to blame for not offering it in a box.

Originally Posted by race7117 (Post 12705140)
I think the jury is still out on this one. Ka motorsports and BBI have a nice one similar to the Cup car but I think they all have their merits and all of the companies seem to have really done great work. I think I'm just going to go to Europe and steal someones Clubsport!!

I've mentioned it to several shops and CS RS owners we could easily do a group buy of 10-20 bars...

Originally Posted by Kobalt (Post 12705141)
Some more notions:

I love the lift
I love the lift
I love the lift

And I wish it could lift 1 cm higher: Could still not get into the garage without help of my wooden friends.

Stupidity: You can not get the 6-point harness thru the upper holes in the seat without disassembling the upper harness. (Remove it from the roll cage).
Extra stupid since it is exactly the same with the 997.1 GT3 Carrera GT seats.
Not sure if it is design feature or design flaw.

My BMW dealer was totally overwhelmed by the car. "It is sooo brutal" "Porsches always looks so nice, this one is not nice it is nasty!" , "What a car!" etcetera (And I have not given him a ride in the car yet.)

I barely scraped? I mangled the lip at a last minute exit into gravel but other than that, I had no use for it nor in Florida.

People go nots over this car. Parked next to showroom clean McLaren 675 LT and people taking pics of my filthy car?!

Originally Posted by Kobalt (Post 12706049)
I realized today that the reflection was in the window, not in the mirror.
Which is more logical, but still a bit annoying.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...b59eaebda7.jpg

With you driving, what's behind you no longer matters..
Can you not dim the interior lights? I think I have seen it in vehicle settings?

race7117 10-27-2015 06:08 PM

Count me in for any group buy, Still haven't heard back from Porsche Motorsport NA about the Cup brakes. I don't think PFC can sell them yet.
I agree about the Love people have for this car! I am a bit stealth and people sometimes don't realize it's an RS at first and then they do its like wow thats an RS!
The attendant at the Grand Prix circuit at Nurburgring just went crazy "Vunderbar! Schwarz gt drei rennsport!!!! Couple guys thought I was testing the new GT2RS and just wouldn't admit it!

Kobalt 10-27-2015 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 12706130)
With you driving, what's behind you no longer matters..
Can you not dim the interior lights? I think I have seen it in vehicle settings?

:) We'll Mr Purple has gotten his speed up so... I better watch out!

Yes, to dim it, use the little knob on the dash board next to speedometer. I turned it up to full to illustrate when I took the picture.

The little red LED next to the light switch, the one that is lit when in Auto - shows it's presence perfectly in the mirror :) so I need to switch it to manual so the LED geas out.
No big deal - just a detail.

What concerns me more is the sound of the indicators - maybe I'm getting deaf or something - but I like to hear that sound properly - don't want to look down on the dash to see if the indicators are on or not. This can be disastrous especially on the Ring. Going to check with the dealer if they can adjust the indicator sound.

Kobalt 10-27-2015 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by race7117 (Post 12706278)
I agree about the Love people have for this car! I am a bit stealth and people sometimes don't realize it's an RS at first and then they do its like wow thats an RS!
The attendant at the Grand Prix circuit at Nurburgring just went crazy "Vunderbar! Schwarz gt drei rennsport!!!! Couple guys thought I was testing the new GT2RS and just wouldn't admit it!

You're car had exact same influence on me. I was parked almost next to you and a friend of mine in the car next to you and I didn't see that it was an RS until I noticed the export plates and took a closer look at the car.

"Wow! There's a black RS!"

I think it looks so good in black.

Kobalt 10-28-2015 06:33 AM

I like the rear lights a lot. (They are difficult to get a good picture of.)

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...ccb382371b.jpg

Kobalt 10-28-2015 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by race7117 (Post 12705223)
Yea we have had some issues with having to shave down the mounting bolts on some subframes and just wondered how Porsche did it. I was amazed that the clubsport package is installed after the car is completed, not during assembly on the factory line. Just wondering if it is diff than the GMG or other submounts

The 6-point harness is installed by the dealer. I also know that it is Porsche specific: That is one of the reasons you can not order a black harness from Schroth to the 991 GT3 or GT3 RS.

Here's a picture of what I think you asked for. If I misunderstood please let me know and I'll kneel for you again :) .

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...2860809021.jpg

Kobalt 10-28-2015 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Kobalt (Post 12706290)
What concerns me more is the sound of the indicators - maybe I'm getting deaf or something - but I like to hear that sound properly.

I asked my dealer about the sound of indicators and I was apparently not the only one becoming deaf.

Anyhow: They told me that the volume could not be changed.

race7117 10-28-2015 12:12 PM

Thanks Kobalt that is perfect. Thanks for your efforts much appreciated!

Kobalt 10-29-2015 06:25 AM

Showing off in a modest way:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...9a7a054b59.png

levd 10-29-2015 08:57 AM

Lovely

Kobalt 10-29-2015 07:28 PM

Added some paint protection film to protect the buckets from the 6-point harnesses. Difficult to photo these. My experience from my 997 GT3 CS tells me that this is a good thing to do.

I'm also going to put film on the backside of the buckets.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...13441e1325.png

Kobalt 10-30-2015 06:26 PM

Did about 1300 km in two days. My body feels normal. My hearing is still OK so this must be a good car.
Tried silly mode (PDK-S) today to show my brother. A bit brutal but it is like pushing down the hyperspace button and then just hold on to the steering wheel and tag along on the ride. Think it is going to take some time to get used to.

I really like the 12v outlet in the glove compartment! Perfect to charge my cell and my external GPS without cluttering the car with wires from the smoker package 12v outlet.

I'm getting used to the none creep PDK. Beginning to feel confident with it.
On a side note: Intended to move my wifes Cayman PDK: Forgot that it has creep: Pushed the throttle and almost reversed into the wall behind... Note to myself: Always apply throttle smooth.