TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

3 weeks till 10 days at the Ring
Old 05-02-2019, 03:16 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Three Rennlisters taking it easy in the Carouselle.

Name:  photo640.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  439.2 KB
Old 05-02-2019, 06:30 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

VLN 3 in short, some nice action:

Old 05-04-2019, 04:27 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Snow again!

Name:  photo866.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  90.1 KB
Old 05-04-2019, 05:31 AM
Wind911
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
Three Rennlisters taking it easy in the Carouselle.

Attachment 1303419
It was a great pleasure meeting you and Monica. You guys are incredible! Thanks for all the advices and ride on the Ring. Hope to see you guys again in the near future!
Old 05-05-2019, 03:47 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by Wind911
It was a great pleasure meeting you and Monica. You guys are incredible! Thanks for all the advices and ride on the Ring. Hope to see you guys again in the near future!

Our pleasure!
Old 05-05-2019, 03:50 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Mental note to myself: Order heated buckets next time.

-1°C every morning at the Ring (in May)!

Last edited by Kobalt; 05-06-2019 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:19 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Name:  photo725.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  258.7 KB
Old 05-05-2019, 06:44 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Weather is nuts.
As long as it’s nice and sunny when I’m there..
Old 05-06-2019, 09:52 AM
Vadaredevil
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wind911
as the guards red in the pic I wanted to add that dan and Monica are the real deal. They are the most nice and decent people out there. They offered to help this newbie around the Nordschleife when I was clearly struggling and was guiding me around the track.

Dan the ride you gave me in car was masterful and super fast. Hopefully when I get another chance at the Nordschleife we can meet up again. Best to you both.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

@Vadaredevil @Wind911

It was fun for both me and Mrs Kobalt meeting you guys and it was fun see how you both approached the Ring and how you conquered it!
Old 05-19-2019, 06:53 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Back in town again to meet meet some nice people from Rennlist and Rennteam.

And to race.

This time it is not VLN but RCN.

But first a short recap of RCN2. A race we couldn't participate because of personal doings.
I was here anyway and enjoyed the snow which was the reason for the cancellation of the race. Good for us

Here's a short video from that day. Funny enough the video guy found my 991 and took basically the same picture as I did (see above: the closeup of the wing.)

Now over to RCN3.
As this was the "Qualification for 24Hours" - weekend the RCN race was held on the same lap configuration as N24: Each lap is 25km including the GP track.
170 cars in the race.

Me and my co driver are very economical minded so of course we did not have any team helping us in the pits.
It is also fun trying to run races just with two persons. More of challenge. It has its downsides too...

In this race we thought we had no chance because our competitors are really good. Maybe we would have chance not being last if it would rain.

Anyway: Main concern as with every race was which tyres to use. As it looked like the race would start in dry, but that rain would come after 1 hour, we decided to use regular street tyres.

10 minutes before it was time to go on track it started to rain - a lot. All other cars in our class was on slicks except one - he was also on semi slicks.
I was soaking wet but very glad for the bad weather and our opposition's bad tyre choice. Now we've got chance!

The cars rolled out onto the track for lineup.

Waiting for the start

As walk with our gear from the parking to the Grand Prix track as I wanted to see the start,
I get a text from my co-driver: "Our competitors are changing to rain tyres - we don't have a chance!!!!"

As I turned out the race was declared as a rain race and delayed so all cars the wanted got time to change tyres.
So from feeling like winners we where all the sudden losers.

Worst of all was that it looked like it would rain the complete race.

My co driver did a top notch job:
After he finished his stint we where in third place with the closest car just 3 seconds behind.

Yes - it was a wet race. Our fine E46 in action. It was a miracle it didn't aquaplane. Photo: Tim

We switched drivers and filled up the tank.
I got out on track and it was actually starting to dry up. Suddenly we felt like winners again!

In short I had a blast as most of the cars was still on rain tyres.

We ended up in second place, got a nice trofé. More than 5 minutes to third place(!).

We had a strategy, it backfired totally, we learned something, then the weather gods was on our side and the outcome of the was more than we could ask for.

We had such a fun, disappointing, fun day!

By the way: Thanks Tim for sending status reports from Schwedenkreutz. Appreciated!
Old 05-19-2019, 07:19 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

991.1RS:

All centerlocks nuts are replace for the second time, rear axle bearings replaced for the second time and the front bearings replaced for the first time.

Changed discs and pads at 33250km's

17500km's on the front discs. The Ferodo DS1.11 had 8000kms but had about 30-40% life left.

New and shiny front rotor

The rear rotors still rather OK after 33200km's
Old 05-20-2019, 06:24 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 506 Likes on 323 Posts

Congratulations for the race. You were maybe a bit lucky, but you have made no mistake and it certainly wasn't easy

Last edited by 928cs; 05-22-2019 at 02:09 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:51 AM
Wind911
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
Back in town again to meet meet some nice people from Rennlist and Rennteam.

And to race.

This time it is not VLN but RCN.

But first a short recap of RCN2. A race we couldn't participate because of personal doings.
I was here anyway and enjoyed the snow which was the reason for the cancellation of the race. Good for us

Here's a short video from that day. Funny enough the video guy found my 991 and took basically the same picture as I did (see above: the closeup of the wing.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpNQKdbhZUY

Now over to RCN3.
As this was the "Qualification for 24Hours" - weekend the RCN race was held on the same lap configuration as N24: Each lap is 25km including the GP track.
170 cars in the race.

Me and my co driver are very economical minded so of course we did not have any team helping us in the pits.
It is also fun trying to run races just with two persons. More of challenge. It has its downsides too...

In this race we thought we had no chance because our competitors are really good. Maybe we would have chance not being last if it would rain.

Anyway: Main concern as with every race was which tyres to use. As it looked like the race would start in dry, but that rain would come after 1 hour, we decided to use regular street tyres.

10 minutes before it was time to go on track it started to rain - a lot. All other cars in our class was on slicks except one - he was also on semi slicks.
I was soaking wet but very glad for the bad weather and our opposition's bad tyre choice. Now we've got chance!

The cars rolled out onto the track for lineup.

Waiting for the start

As walk with our gear from the parking to the Grand Prix track as I wanted to see the start,
I get a text from my co-driver: "Our competitors are changing to rain tyres - we don't have a chance!!!!"

As I turned out the race was declared as a rain race and delayed so all cars the wanted got time to change tyres.
So from feeling like winners we where all the sudden losers.

Worst of all was that it looked like it would rain the complete race.

My co driver did a top notch job:
After he finished his stint we where in third place with the closest car just 3 seconds behind.

Yes - it was a wet race. Our fine E46 in action. It was a miracle it didn't aquaplane. Photo: Tim

We switched drivers and filled up the tank.
I got out on track and it was actually starting to dry up. Suddenly we felt like winners again!

In short I had a blast as most of the cars was still on rain tyres.

We ended up in second place, got a nice trofé. More than 5 minutes to third place(!).

We had a strategy, it backfired totally, we learned something, then the weather gods was on our side and the outcome of the was more than we could ask for.

We had such a fun, disappointing, fun day!

By the way: Thanks Tim for sending status reports from Schwedenkreutz. Appreciated!
Congrats on the great finish. Two people driving and supporting a endurance race is no small feat ! Are you planning to run N24 next?

Quick Reply: Kobalts Great White RS