Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

More Rumors: Road Going GT3 RSR in the Works

 
Old 10-19-2015, 04:57 PM
  #46  
dasams
User
 
dasams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Palm Desert, CA
Posts: 1,449
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Metzeger View Post
with the 991 GT3 body, the gt3/RS motor and all suspension and components of the gt3.
If the R has the GT3 body, motor, suspension then it's a...GT3

The rumor is the R will have the regular carrera body, 6sp and GT3 motor. This is the stuff of a lot of people's dreams.
dasams is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 05:27 PM
  #47  
tgil
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Durham NC.
Posts: 523
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Agree with many comments. Reading the recent write up on Yahoo home page mail section, it did mention the GT3 parts, etc. I hope if it is for real, it's not produced with any other affiliation to the Motorsports Division, but I am not an expert in Porche history so who knows about a modern R Porche.
tgil is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 11:12 PM
  #48  
9114609048
User
 
9114609048's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 198
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road going RSR ...

You can drive an RSR on the street..but the police don't like it. My RSR was delivered by air freight and I took a cab to the airport to pick it up. On the way home the CHP stopped me a few miles from the airport...apparently it made too much noise.
We also used to test it on the road, to check gearing etc, before hauling to a race. The cops didn't like that either.
Once, after the Daytona 24 hr race, the team was loading up too slowly which pissed some official, so I jumped in the car and drove it back to the hotel. I left it at the entrance and went to my room.
So...RSRs are perfect for the street after all.

G

ps, You can also drive an RSR on an ice hockey rink...but that's another story.
9114609048 is offline  
Old 10-20-2015, 01:39 AM
  #49  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,307
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 9114609048 View Post
You can drive an RSR on the street..but the police don't like it. My RSR was delivered by air freight and I took a cab to the airport to pick it up. On the way home the CHP stopped me a few miles from the airport...apparently it made too much noise.
We also used to test it on the road, to check gearing etc, before hauling to a race. The cops didn't like that either.
Once, after the Daytona 24 hr race, the team was loading up too slowly which pissed some official, so I jumped in the car and drove it back to the hotel. I left it at the entrance and went to my room.
So...RSRs are perfect for the street after all.

G

ps, You can also drive an RSR on an ice hockey rink...but that's another story.
That's awesome, did the CHP officer get pissed and give you a ticket or let you go on your way?
usctrojanGT3 is offline  
Old 10-20-2015, 02:57 AM
  #50  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,752
Likes: 0
Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 9114609048 View Post
You can drive an RSR on the street..but the police don't like it. My RSR was delivered by air freight and I took a cab to the airport to pick it up. On the way home the CHP stopped me a few miles from the airport...apparently it made too much noise.
We also used to test it on the road, to check gearing etc, before hauling to a race. The cops didn't like that either.
Once, after the Daytona 24 hr race, the team was loading up too slowly which pissed some official, so I jumped in the car and drove it back to the hotel. I left it at the entrance and went to my room.
So...RSRs are perfect for the street after all.

G

ps, You can also drive an RSR on an ice hockey rink...but that's another story.
you are my idol
inducted to the mooty's hall of insanity
where can i send you a case beer
mooty is offline  
Old 10-20-2015, 03:01 AM
  #51  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,307
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mooty View Post
you are my idol
inducted to the mooty's hall of insanity
where can i send you a case beer
He may have inspired me to drive the CS after it's full track up to Buttonwillow and back...I'll wear my track suit, helmet, and hans just to be safe. haha
usctrojanGT3 is offline  
Old 10-20-2015, 03:14 AM
  #52  
9114609048
User
 
9114609048's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 198
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
That's awesome, did the CHP officer get pissed and give you a ticket or let you go on your way?
Even though I had a vehicle moving permit, I received a "fix it" type ticket. I called the DMV and the CHP and explained that it would be impossible to install a muffler on a race car and that the RSR would never be on the road again. They actually believed all that and let me off!
9114609048 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: More Rumors: Road Going GT3 RSR in the Works


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: