Sponsored by:

OT:911R

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 01:13 PM
Jc underwave
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stockholm996TT
Porsche´s weights are always for a car in the lightest possible spec with 90% tank.
Thank you for the information .
Old 01-23-2017, 02:44 PM
Stockholm996TT
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 928cs
Next time, don't hesitate to tell your worries here, instead of boring your wife

I have spent some time with a friend to discuss about his R configuration.
At the end, he has kept two ideas from me, radio delete (I don't think that you can enjoy music that much in an R and he doesn't plan to DD the car, a good smartphone is enough as a navigation system and a radio is the first thing that will be obsolete into such a "classic" car) and another one that is certainly unique and that I can't tell publicly.

I like your logic about the specifications of the car. I just think that I would have asked for leather dashboard inserts instead of carbon, to stay with a very classical aspect.
And maybe the deletion of the R badge on the dashboard. It is heavy and useless to me
Promise to share more in the future! :-) Perhaps you can give us a hint of the unique feature?
Old 01-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Stockholm996TT
Instructor

Originally Posted by BusDriver
Stockholm996TT - Beautiful car and love the pure spec!

Enjoyable to see your specification even though I went a different way on mine - I have full leather, sport chrono, front lift, etc as I plan on putting a lot of miles on mine. One of the best things about the 911R is the wide variety of colors, stripes and specifications. Every car seems unique. Very enjoyable to see all the photos posted here.
Thumbs up to that!
Old 01-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Stockholm996TT
Instructor

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Once again a huge congrats on your R!
Specced to mine and Mooty liking. Not many of us left. At least you know you have 2 potential buyers if you ever decide to sell. oh forgot about Nizer. 3 then. Lol
Can't wait to take your car for a spin in the spring. Enjoy it in good health.
Anytime! Good to know that there are buyers out there when I have turned 115 and need to cut back a little.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:08 PM
Jc underwave
Intermediate

Promise to share more in the future! :-) Perhaps you can give us a hint of the unique feature?
I promise and thank you stockholm996T !!! you're right for my wife !!!!!!!
no A/c was a difficult choice for me . For the rest we make that together with some friends of mine who love trackdays like me !!!!
I think there's no perfect choice . Each 911r on rennlist are different and very nice . congrats for everyone of you !!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2017, 03:44 PM
928cs
Race Car

Received 506 Likes on 323 Posts

Well, this is not my car and I have agreed not to provide pictures or information about it so I can't be really precise.
I really prefer to keep a buddy rather than to have 5 minutes of "glory" on this forum

Sorry, even if I'm sure that you get the point
Old 01-23-2017, 03:46 PM
928cs
Race Car

Received 506 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Jc underwave
I promise and thank you stockholm996T !!! you're right for my wife !!!!!!!
no A/c was a difficult choice for me . For the rest we make that together with some friends of mine who love trackdays like me !!!!
I think there's no perfect choice . Each 911r on rennlist are different and very nice . congrats for everyone of you !!!!!!!!

Please let me know when you will come to the Bugatti
Old 01-23-2017, 03:58 PM
Jc underwave
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 928cs
Please let me know when you will come to the Bugatti
Ok !! i think it would be september .
Old 01-23-2017, 05:01 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Anytime! Good to know that there are buyers out there when I have turned 115 and need to cut back a little.
So you're saying you will cut back. I'll put my name in the hat for the CGT when you turn 115. 😂😂
Old 01-24-2017, 12:29 PM
Bartron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are people doing with respect to PPF on their Rs? Considering the stripes are fancy and hard to replace and that the side graphics are applied over the thick film that protects the rear wheel arch.

I've heard a few idea's from cutting the film around the stripes to replacing the stripes over the film.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:57 PM
BusDriver
Instructor

Received 217 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartron
What are people doing with respect to PPF on their Rs? Considering the stripes are fancy and hard to replace and that the side graphics are applied over the thick film that protects the rear wheel arch.

I've heard a few idea's from cutting the film around the stripes to replacing the stripes over the film.
For a start, you should consider removing the factory film from the rear wheel arches as that gets in the way of more comprehensive film protection. On my car, that was a non issue as my car was ordered without the factory rear wheel arch film.

With that said, here is how the shop did the clear film on my 911R...

The top stripes are exposed and the film was cut around the stripes. The side stripes are covered by film, and another set of side stripes were then installed on top of the film. I was told that the film will make the matte stripes appear glossy, so it is not recommended to cover the top stripes.

With the above film application, my car looks great and I cannot tell where the film is and where it isn't. And it is very easy to remove the film and restore the car to original state. Overall, I am very happy with the outcome.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:24 PM
Bartron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BusDriver
On my car, that was a non issue as my car was ordered without the factory rear wheel arch film.

The top stripes are exposed and the film was cut around the stripes. The side stripes are covered by film, and another set of side stripes were then installed on top of the film. I was told that the film will make the matte stripes appear glossy, so it is not recommended to cover the top stripes.
Thanks BusDriver, very neat approach. I wish I had known you could opt out of the rear wheel arch film!

So do you mean that on the sides of the car, you have paint-script-PPF-script ? Seems like it would be hard to line up the script one on top of the other exactly.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:16 PM
BusDriver
Instructor

Received 217 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartron
Thanks BusDriver, very neat approach. I wish I had known you could opt out of the rear wheel arch film!

So do you mean that on the sides of the car, you have paint-script-PPF-script ? Seems like it would be hard to line up the script one on top of the other exactly.
Yes, exactly right on the side stripes. Hard but not impossible...

The shop lined up the new side stripe exactly over the old and they lined up each letter in "Porsche" exactly with the original lettering. It took 2 days just to do the side stripes. So it can be done if your shop is sufficiently OCD and will spend the time to do it right. Obviously, you can stop after installing clear film over the side stripe and then decide if you want to go further and install another set of stripes on top. That's what I did and I'm very happy with the result.

Last edited by BusDriver; 01-25-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:31 PM
TopspeedPT
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 64 Posts

Horacio Pagani Gets Himself A New Porsche 911 R

Horacio Pagani, the founder of Pagani Automobili, might be at the helm of creating some of the most exquisite automobiles on the planet, but he’s a sucker for all things Porsche. Mr. Pagani is known to be quite the Porsche enthusiast, with his private collection including the likes of the iconic Carrera GT and the thoroughbred Cayman GT4.

Since no Porsche collection is complete without the new 911 R, Mr. Pagani just got himself one. Tastefully done up in white with red stripes while featuring black and brown interiors, Mr. Pagani’s 911 R looks brochure perfect.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:39 PM
Stockholm996TT
Instructor

Congratulations to Horacio Pagani! And very cool pictures!

Quick Reply: OT:911R