991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT:911R

Old 01-19-2017, 05:50 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

wow wow wow. excellent spec! your wife have to have good taste!

enjoy!
Old 01-19-2017, 10:16 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stockholm996TT
Thanks! I have done a few GTs. My wife never likes when I am in car speccing mode as I debate with myself for ever. I knew I wanted a light spec (but with AC) and a clean look, but when I got acceptance for PTS, a several week long process started where each breakfast would start with "Honey, what do you think of Irish green with white stripes?", or "I finally got it! Viper green with black stripes!". In the end I wanted a colour that existed in 1967, and preferrably one that was used on one of the 1967 cars from the factory (prototypes, or regular production). It turned out that #13 was either delivered in Slate grey, or repainted in Slate grey soon after delivery and that made it for me. White stripes also felt natural as they stand out as a white circle to put the numbers on would do.
Gorgeous RAW build, absolutely love the Slate Grey. Congrats on your build and I must say, a fabulous stable you have.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:09 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,478 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Thanks mooty! Well, I loved the raw look in the RS 4.0 without leather and I felt that the R needed that kind of look even more. Porsche´s full leather interior is just lovely, but is more Turbos S than R for me. On the RS 4.0 the full leather also added about 4 kg of weight, which of course is nothing, but still felt wrong. Someone here mentioned that the leather interior on the R is lighter than the std interior, but that sounds strange. Even if it would be, I wanted to cleanest look possible on the car. And it actually looks perfectly OK. It does not feel "cheap", but just "no nonsense".
thank for the response.
i really like your spec. most my GT3 are about as lightly spec'd as yours.
991RS had just PTS, xenon, full leather and radio delete
997 RS4.0 had no options
Old 01-20-2017, 04:21 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks mooty! Well, I loved the raw look in the RS 4.0 without leather and I felt that the R needed that kind of look even more. Porsche´s full leather interior is just lovely, but is more Turbos S than R for me. On the RS 4.0 the full leather also added about 4 kg of weight, which of course is nothing, but still felt wrong. Someone here mentioned that the leather interior on the R is lighter than the std interior, but that sounds strange. Even if it would be, I wanted to cleanest look possible on the car. And it actually looks perfectly OK. It does not feel "cheap", but just "no nonsense".
I felt exactly the same, and didn't go full leather, or sports Chrono, which was just adding a clock, or lift. It's all personal of course.

I do have the radio, as decided to delete it too late - my spec was locked. Having said that, I do use the car a lot, and it's nice to have the radio when in traffic, or longer journeys on highways (even if you can't hear much!). Not sure I'm motivated to strip it out, which was original plan.

Anyway - your car looks great.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:21 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 503 Likes on 320 Posts

Thanks! I have done a few GTs. My wife never likes when I am in car speccing mode as I debate with myself for ever. I knew I wanted a light spec (but with AC) and a clean look, but when I got acceptance for PTS, a several week long process started where each breakfast would start with "Honey, what do you think of Irish green with white stripes?", or "I finally got it! Viper green with black stripes!". In the end I wanted a colour that existed in 1967, and preferrably one that was used on one of the 1967 cars from the factory (prototypes, or regular production). It turned out that #13 was either delivered in Slate grey, or repainted in Slate grey soon after delivery and that made it for me. White stripes also felt natural as they stand out as a white circle to put the numbers on would do.
Next time, don't hesitate to tell your worries here, instead of boring your wife

I have spent some time with a friend to discuss about his R configuration.
At the end, he has kept two ideas from me, radio delete (I don't think that you can enjoy music that much in an R and he doesn't plan to DD the car, a good smartphone is enough as a navigation system and a radio is the first thing that will be obsolete into such a "classic" car) and another one that is certainly unique and that I can't tell publicly.

I like your logic about the specifications of the car. I just think that I would have asked for leather dashboard inserts instead of carbon, to stay with a very classical aspect.
And maybe the deletion of the R badge on the dashboard. It is heavy and useless to me

Last edited by 928cs; 01-20-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:37 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,715 Likes on 910 Posts

Old 01-20-2017, 11:32 AM
BusDriver
Instructor

Received 217 Likes on 63 Posts

Stockholm996TT - Beautiful car and love the pure spec!

Enjoyable to see your specification even though I went a different way on mine - I have full leather, sport chrono, front lift, etc as I plan on putting a lot of miles on mine. One of the best things about the 911R is the wide variety of colors, stripes and specifications. Every car seems unique. Very enjoyable to see all the photos posted here.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Seranad
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

slate grey is my new fav colour
great car!
Old 01-20-2017, 02:56 PM
PTSRS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
love the color and pepita
NO RADIO NO WART.... i am in love....

i also noticed you do not have full leather. i am neautral on this option and i know in USA, most have them. why did you choose not to have that. i ask b/c i am curious as to how Rest Of World sees the benefit or detriment of this option.

CONGRATS and drive in good health
I've also noticed while running Club911R that many European owners opt for the non-LED headlight choices while North American owners mostly go for the LEDs. Similar case with the RS's.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:25 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Once again a huge congrats on your R!
Specced to mine and Mooty liking. Not many of us left. At least you know you have 2 potential buyers if you ever decide to sell. oh forgot about Nizer. 3 then. Lol
Can't wait to take your car for a spin in the spring. Enjoy it in good health.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:11 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,478 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
I felt exactly the same, and didn't go full leather, or sports Chrono, which was just adding a clock, or lift. It's all personal of course.

I do have the radio, as decided to delete it too late - my spec was locked. Having said that, I do use the car a lot, and it's nice to have the radio when in traffic, or longer journeys on highways (even if you can't hear much!). Not sure I'm motivated to strip it out, which was original plan.

Anyway - your car looks great.
another passionate porschephile....
Old 01-23-2017, 10:28 AM
Jc underwave
Intermediate

Default french 911r

Originally Posted by 928cs
Do you have others pictures, now?
hello . some pics of the inside . real lightweight !!!!
Old 01-23-2017, 11:02 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 503 Likes on 320 Posts

Great. Thank you.
You still have some kms to do to finish the break-in. The current weather is perfect for that.

Have you checked the veracity of the claimed weight for an R?
This is 1370 kg with all tanks full, I think. I suppose that this is true only with the small (64l) fuel tank.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:37 AM
Jc underwave
Intermediate

The weather is nice but ......... 0 degrees !!! for the weight , i think you are true , but the lithium ion battery is optionnal , so perhaps you win 15 kg ..... i'm not sure but i read that in some books ........
Old 01-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Stockholm996TT
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jc underwave
The weather is nice but ......... 0 degrees !!! for the weight , i think you are true , but the lithium ion battery is optionnal , so perhaps you win 15 kg ..... i'm not sure but i read that in some books ........
Porsche´s weights are always for a car in the lightest possible spec with 90% tank.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT:911R