991 GT3 Akrapovic Official Exhaust Video // Authorized Dealer TAG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 11:48 AM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 244 Likes on 159 Posts
Default 991 GT3 Akrapovic Official Exhaust Video // Authorized Dealer TAG Motorsports

Just this morning our Friends at Akrapovic released their official video for the GT3 Exhaust System. It is epic to say the least. We'll lead off with the video and follow up with some info about the system itself.

There's really no better way to describe the system than the words of its creators.

"The titanium Evolution Line is a full system designed to give noticeably increased power at higher revs. With superb attention to detail, including parts cast in Akrapovič’s own titanium foundry, the craftsmanship and coating finish on the system is a joy to behold. With a newly developed exhaust manifold, incorporating 100 cpsi sports catalytic convertors and side mufflers—all designed to increase power and torque—the Evolution Line utilizes integrated catalytic convertors and the functionality of the new exhaust valves to deliver an out-and-out attack on the senses.

With the valves in the open position, the Evolution Line sounds like the top-performing Evolution Race system, but also has the option of a lower sound level when the valves are closed, perfect for use in more everyday locations. Offering an increased weight savings in the area behind the engine and the rear axle, the reduction will enhance the handling and improve performance.

The Evolution Line is also tuned to deliver a sportier and hard-hitting sound—in open valve mode, the more the engine is revved the better the sound gets—as well as increasing performance, all to provide an even greater sensory experience. With the addition of the handcrafted high-quality optional carbon- fibre rear diffuser, the Evolution Line will show that the GT3 means business even when it’s standing still.
."

This system is currently IN STOCK! - Click HERE or Any of the photos below for more information!

TAG Motorsports is your Premier Akrapovic Authorized Dealer.
If you have any questions at all regarding this or any Akrapovic System,
please feel free to contact us by clicking HERE or call 877-523-6747 for more details.

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide

Last edited by TAGMotorsports; 10-02-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

Akra needs to send me an exhaust to help the community decipher what is what and actually explain it so that we understand what they offer. This frustrates the crap out me. We have the Evolution, Race, Sport Cup, Headers, No Headers, Valves, No Valves. The exhaust in the photos is different from the exhaust in the video. I know I'm not going to spend $10,000 on some unknown system. I don't understand how companies make such great products, and then don't tell us anything about them.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:16 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Money2536
Akra needs to send me an exhaust to help the community decipher what is what and actually explain it so that we understand what they offer. This frustrates the crap out me. We have the Evolution, Race, Sport Cup, Headers, No Headers, Valves, No Valves. The exhaust in the photos is different from the exhaust in the video. I know I'm not going to spend $10,000 on some unknown system. I don't understand how companies make such great products, and then don't tell us anything about them.
If you go ahead and click the photos - or the link above - we have actually wrote quite a bit of description on our site about each ad every different system, the features, differences ETC. If you have ANY questions at all - please do not hesitate to call us.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Well done video. Converting the specs to more familiar terms:
-31 lbs, +9.9 hp, + 20.1 ft lbs
Old 10-02-2015, 05:58 PM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope this helps...

*Gains shown on a Porsche 991 GT3.

Last edited by HRE Wheels; 10-06-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Not quite sure what there is to decipher. If you head to their site, it's pretty clear what they offer and what kind of performance gains are to be expected.

No offense to other manufacturers that make great sounding exhaust products, but Akrapovic is the only full system that is actually engineered for performance gains, and not just making more noise.

My personal opinion - if you going for Akrapovic, you have to do the full system. The slip on is not worth it at all, and similar performance gains of the sport cup can be realized by other products on the market.

The Evo Race is the highest performing/lightest muffled full system on the market period.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:30 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered mine. Thanks for your help, Alex.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:56 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hasn't someone from Porsche said something like: "good luck with getting more power from the stock exhaust"?
And I do believe them.

I had Akrapovic Evolution on my E92 M3 and except a very nice sound at high rpms this system gives you power/torque gains which are within measurement error.
The sound however was not very nice at low rpms. Too much drone and too low frequency for me. But that one some might like.

But getting back to the topic... I asked a local dealer if I could return the Evolution system if the gains would not be as promised by the manufacturer. I have access to MAHA dynamometer and Dynojet road dynamometer. Both are the best you can find out there to measure your car performance.
No answer...

Another thing I asked about was the graph they present on their website. In my opinion the stock graph is with exhaust flaps closed and the Evolution with flaps open (or it's just Cup system which is without the flaps and Akrapovic doesn't know what they have on their website).
Keep in mind that the maximum Nm gain they promise is just at that rpm range where the exhaust flaps play their role.

I doubt that you can get the power/torque gains they promise.

Another thing to consider is their Delete-R. This device to my knowledge erases ALL errors as they come. I don't think it's a good solution.

Having said that I do think that their products made of titanium are masterpiece and for some could be worth just weight saving and the sound.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:25 PM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

beautifully made and sound is really good. Heard a 997.1 RS with a slip on. with that said imo i defy anyone to feel any difference in power unless its at least 30+whp. But I may do just the slip on for the sound.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:50 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Having said that I do think that their products made of titanium are masterpiece and for some could be worth just weight saving and the sound.
Exactly that!
Old 10-05-2015, 04:56 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I just ordered mine. Thanks for your help, Alex.
Thank you for your order Sam! Being shipped out to you today! Get excited!
Old 10-05-2015, 05:23 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

For those of you wondering - we will be doing a full write-up and install on a 991 GT3 RS - including video of the Evolution Line system in the next week. Stay tuned for that.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:14 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Hasn't someone from Porsche said something like: "good luck with getting more power from the stock exhaust"?
And I do believe them.

Another thing I asked about was the graph they present on their website. In my opinion the stock graph is with exhaust flaps closed and the Evolution with flaps open (or it's just Cup system which is without the flaps and Akrapovic doesn't know what they have on their website).
Keep in mind that the maximum Nm gain they promise is just at that rpm range where the exhaust flaps play their role.

I have also wondered about this, i.e. whether Akra's Sports Cup and Evolution performance figures are comparing that exhaust to the stock system without PSE engaged. I e-mailed Akra a question about this many months ago on their web site and they never answered. Can you TAG guys answer this question?
Old 10-05-2015, 06:52 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Sam, with as much as these cost, are you going to do a before and after dyno?

Dan (probably wont buy, still has SW new in box but, is curious)
Old 10-05-2015, 09:39 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 80 Posts

I'd like to see dynos on the same car/conditions showing those claimed HP and torque gains. I wonder if they are peak gains or cherry-picked at a certain RPM

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Akrapovic Official Exhaust Video // Authorized Dealer TAG Motorsports