Sponsored by:

Anyone familiar with this GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 11:08 PM
DFWCanuck
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with this GT3

Is anyone in the community familiar with this GT3?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...m=252103772853

Vehicle appears to be in Montreal and value priced....CDN$ weakness helping that out I'm sure...if it all checks out.

As a CDN residing in the US, the import thing and the metric gauges don't really bother me that much.

Thanks in advance to the community.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:29 AM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Still expensive

Being a Canadian, the origin of this car probably makes sense for you. Matter of fact, I'd be less reserved buying from you even as a second owner after your purchase because your story would make sense. Canadian car, Canadian owner. Also, I presume you would be doing all your due diligence.

I hate that dealers don't pass the currency benefits down to customers. So, being a private sale under current U.S. to CAD exchange rates and as weak as the CAD has become from when the GT3 first came out, this car should be selling for around $112k.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:24 PM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So there are no issues importing a ROW clubsport spec into US even though Porsche couldn't sell them directly to US?
Old 09-27-2015, 01:27 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by llstuey
So there are no issues importing a ROW clubsport spec into US even though Porsche couldn't sell them directly to US?
As far as ROW importing, I'm not sure, but as for Canada, you cannot order the CS spec here either.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Not a club sport. The ad says a rollbar was added after purchase. The GT2 seats were also added. They are not the 918 seats that were an option.
The ad also states the car can be picked up in NY. Why not call the number they provide and ask? Seems like a reasonable price if a PPI checks out.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:03 PM
DFWCanuck
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by est8esq
Being a Canadian, the origin of this car probably makes sense for you. Matter of fact, I'd be less reserved buying from you even as a second owner after your purchase because your story would make sense. Canadian car, Canadian owner. Also, I presume you would be doing all your due diligence. I hate that dealers don't pass the currency benefits down to customers. So, being a private sale under current U.S. to CAD exchange rates and as weak as the CAD has become from when the GT3 first came out, this car should be selling for around $112k.
I think you're right the full FX would put the CDN$ sticker lower than the current USD ask. Thanks for the thoughts I feel about like the storyline 'fits'
Old 09-27-2015, 05:09 PM
DFWCanuck
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
Not a club sport. The ad says a rollbar was added after purchase. The GT2 seats were also added. They are not the 918 seats that were an option. The ad also states the car can be picked up in NY. Why not call the number they provide and ask? Seems like a reasonable price if a PPI checks out.
I agree I think stock GT3 with a couple of light additions - I think I would keep the GT2 seats but would probably upgrade the rollbar for track day use.

Next step to contact dealer - doesn't seem like this leaps out as being known for any particular reason by the rennlist community. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2015, 10:58 AM
DFWCanuck
Rennlist Member

Spoke with Felix today at the dealer (Paul Motor co in Montreal). Vehicle seems to have reasonable story, they are amenable to a PPI and they handle everything at the border for you (I think he even said the import fees were covered in the price as well) so sounds super convenient way to enter 991 GT3 ownership.

I'm keeping this one on my list for now, but am a little concerned about resale hit in the US -- since I know at some point I will let it go on the back end given my prior attention span with vehicles...

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with this GT3