Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 05:49 PM
Afm
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Yellow.
Silver is boring.
I have gt silver and would kinda agree.... It is very subtle and does not really stand out no matter how clean I keep it. If, or when I do it over, it will be red or white for me!
Old 09-20-2015, 05:57 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

RY
Old 09-20-2015, 06:26 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Yellow or GT Silver

RY with some stripes to spice it more.

Was not a yellow guy originally, but must say this color has grown on me. Get lots of compliments on the color. Suppose those that don't like just don't say anything. IMO, sporty and fast should be bright. BUT, in the end it is all a personal preference.

Had a friend say the other day, "I'd take any color....it's a damn GT3. That kinda says it all.
Attached Images  
Old 09-20-2015, 06:43 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 880 Likes on 365 Posts

The 991GT3 looks good in every color. I prefer the GT silver.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:18 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Old 09-20-2015, 08:18 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
When I ordered mine I was debating red or GT silver. I went red because a friend weighed in on the decision and said, "it is a fun car, it should be in a fun color". I have two other GT3s in silver (street and Cup) and love silver, but ultimately I have *zero* regrets getting the fun stand-out color for the 991. So if you are okay standing out and yelling for attention when you cruise around, yellow all day. It looks awesome.

Besides, a bright color can cheer up a foggy day...

Now there's a great pic. What's the castle in the back ground?
Old 09-20-2015, 08:28 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Yellow or GT Silver

Originally Posted by kshu1991
I get an allocation for a 2016 gt3, 5000 over MSRP. The estimate deliver date is Jan 9th.

I'm so excited about this new gt3. After carefully consider all the cars in this price range, I just can not choose other car rather than GT3, though I have owned a 991 GT3, lol. "GT3 addictive!"

Currently I am choosing between yellow and GT Silver. Could you guys share your thought on these two color options? I rarely see a GT3 in these two colors, especially a yellow one.
Made up your mind yet???
Old 09-20-2015, 08:30 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,987 Likes on 560 Posts

+1 fun color. I'm not a yellow guy- prefer red or blue in bright colors.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:45 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Now there's a great pic. What's the castle in the back ground?
Neuchwanstein
Old 09-20-2015, 09:01 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

GT silver. Ended up speccing TWO new gt3s in them I ended up liking it that much. Its just a great color and super super super easy to take care of. There is a level of subtlety to it yet at the same time it just ticks all the "euro" boxes. The GT3 is already a screamer of a car, so I appreciate the little bit of stealth that comes with a richness not found in the non-metallics. I did consider agate too, but thought that was just an in btw silver and black and I've had both...glad I went GT silver.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:32 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Ok, whatever you say. You're right. Have a wonderful day.
Color is a such an emotional choice. AFAIK there's no data that stands up to statistical rigor that would indicate that one color is "easier" to resell than another ...

Should you have sufficient data on the RS and base GT3 of any generation at resale w/respect to color to prove your point, regarding average days on market and net gain/loss at resale keeping in mind mileage, options, tracking I think many of us would be very interested ... such an analysis would be challenging and require a large number of cars.

Just trying to keep a fairminded view of the consequences of each of our color choices.

IMO, the important factor is that each of us is happy driving the color we choose ... either on or off track.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:32 AM
kshu1991
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys for all your replies. I guess I would go for GT Silver. Not sure how to describe my thought process, but I want the color to stay in low profile and let the car itself to pop out. RY is really a nice color, but since I want to keep this car for a long time, maybe I need to choose the color which fits my lifestyle.

Originally Posted by C2Spin
RY with some stripes to spice it more.

Was not a yellow guy originally, but must say this color has grown on me. Get lots of compliments on the color. Suppose those that don't like just don't say anything. IMO, sporty and fast should be bright. BUT, in the end it is all a personal preference.

Had a friend say the other day, "I'd take any color....it's a damn GT3. That kinda says it all.
Putnam! See you next year, even I have moved to Wisconsin, I still miss that track!!!

Originally Posted by STG991
Made up your mind yet???
haha, it takes a little too long.

Quick Reply: Yellow or GT Silver