Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   TRAKCAR does ED (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/894337-trakcar-does-ed.html)

TRAKCAR 09-18-2015 05:21 PM

TRAKCAR's European Delivery adventure hangout thread

2 Attachment(s)
Flying Tuesday to pick up the car on Thursday and drive to the Ring for a Manthey track day on Friday. You know, to break it in.

This time no Mancation, wife of 20 years is along for the ride for the first 8 track days.
She came along once but left after 10 minutes because all we did was ignore her and talk Porsche, she was bored and hot at Sebring.
I told her this is different, it will be cool. :thumbup:

I have another 10 or so track days booked after she heads home.
We will visit the Ring, attack Spa, Red Bull Ring and Paul Ricard together Sept 25-Oct14, after that I will go Mancation and do Dijon, Magny Cours, Hockenheim, Anneau Du Rhin and again one last hurrah at the Ring Oct 26th.

Which brings us to the issue of luggage; This gonna fit?
The Porsche suit case is made to fit in the frunk but the rest needs to go behind the seats. Orthojoe was awesome and sent us some dimensions so with some motivation the rest should go behind seats.
I had a harness bar made and shipped to Germany to maximize loading space yet allow harnesses to make our Hans devices effective.

Not all of it will be driven with Mr. Purple, I have a van and race trailer to cover the long distances and carry spare tires and brake pads.

More to come.

Scott997 09-18-2015 05:24 PM

The frunk is huge on this car, you can come by for a test fit and check out my tubi.

usctrojanGT3 09-18-2015 05:31 PM

Sweet, please do a proper track break in for the next owner because some buyers don't want to buy creme puffs and/or bubble wrapped cars. ;)

neanicu 09-18-2015 05:36 PM

TRAKCAR does ED

All I got from this is that your wife is 20 years old. You are a lucky man! :D

Kidding aside,this is an enthusiast dream! Enjoy! I know you will!
Thanks for bringing us along! :thumbup:

TRAKCAR 09-18-2015 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Scott997 (Post 12602781)
The frunk is huge on this car, you can come by for a test fit and check out my tubi.

I'll try this weekend. love to hear the setup. Know someone who can take a good photo of the RSA ;-) The plan is to meet up with some 964 owners this Sunday.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 (Post 12602799)
Sweet, please do a proper track break in for the next owner. ;)

Very proper.

Originally Posted by neanicu (Post 12602808)
All I got from this is that your wife is 20 years old. You are a lucky man! :D

Kidding aside,this is an enthusiast dream! Enjoy! I know you will!
Thanks for bringing us along! :thumbup:

30 ish is the new 20 I tell her, this trip is trial by fire..

signes 09-18-2015 06:08 PM

Can't wait to see the pics and hear how it goes. Beyond jealous. BTW, don't think you will have any trouble with that luggage. I have LWB and managed to get rather tall 6 and 8 year old kids in the back (just for a ride down the driveway... :D)

race7117 09-18-2015 06:33 PM

I will be close behind you! Oct 6th to the 14th only though. Hoping to do the Ring Spa and fingers crossed Bilster Berg on the 9th! Have an epic time my friend, and look for a murdered out Black RS!

Serge944 09-18-2015 06:39 PM

From the crown royal tent at COTA, enjoy your trip! Sounds epic.

SanDiegoDavid 09-18-2015 06:45 PM

All I can say is Wow! No need to say "have a good time"! Be safe and send report back with impressions and lots of pics.

sgroer 09-18-2015 06:53 PM

Remember... FLATOUT wherever possible. Sounds incredible. What a way to bond with your new ride!

bronson7 09-18-2015 07:04 PM

This trip sounds epic. Epic enough that I just read your first post to my bride of 34 years. Now I must say, she does love and follow F1 and has heard of most of those tracks you will be on, but for some reason she gave me the cold shoulder. Must be because I said we need to do this ED with my next and hopefully RS. Oh well I tried.

tasman 09-18-2015 07:22 PM

TRAKCAR does ED

Congrats Peter. Awesome trip and I am more than a little jealous!! Have a great time and keep us updated

Macca 09-18-2015 07:23 PM

Peter. Have a wonderful trip and keep us all posted. I for one am looking forward to your adventure with anticipation.

I cant comment on the suitcase as I bought the fitted roaster luggage (cheap) and swapped my gear from our travel cases to the in car fitted set when I got there but looking at what you have there Im in no doubt it will all fit easily enough....

Travel safe

Maxant13 09-18-2015 08:09 PM

You must feel like a kid on Christmas eve. I do for you! Have a blast and be safe.

NateOZ 09-18-2015 08:17 PM

Enjoy the trip and car! Make sure you channel McCarthy for the trip and a great read to pick up if you've not read it already...

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...8ff23aab8b.png