Sponsored by:

TRAKCAR does ED

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 08:55 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I’ve requested a later March allocation once I got this from Jamie:

“Good to hear from you, I hope all is well! I am happy for you to reach out to me directly, but I’m copying Dean in on the communication just so he’s in the loop.

There was unfortunately a change in the registration rules at the beginning of the year and for whatever reason Porsche is no longer able to provide temporary registration beyond 90 days/3 months. I’ve asked the question numerous times if there is a way around it, or why there was a change to begin with and have not been able to get anything concrete to help explain why we are no longer able to provide registration for 6 months, it just is what it is, which is very frustrating. I am very sorry I don’t have a better answer for you.”

A no answer, answer than.

And no response yet about later allocation.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:01 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Idk, a bird in hand?
Old 08-22-2018, 09:29 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

^^ Yes my sales guy is very worried about my allocation and I will not take any change if it means risking losing the car.
Perhaps I take Lizard now and stick purple on a boat back in spring..
Old 08-22-2018, 10:10 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 681 Likes on 375 Posts

They should bend over backwards for you. You are the definition of who should be getting GT cars. Someone who actually drives the hell out of them. I would rather have you as one of the brand ambassadors then all these other blowhards that claim they are and then there cars are all ending up on here or at dealers.

Good luck with getting the March date and look forward to reading about the adventure.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:25 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

I would certainly take the allocation now because it is not entirely clear what is going to happen next year production wise. For example, I have heard that production will stop late this year and not restart until March with cars only becoming available from April onwards...and then only for a few months. Better safe than sorry. Take it now. Besides, LG is a great colour....although every second RS seems to be LG over here.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:04 AM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
I would certainly take the allocation now because it is not entirely clear what is going to happen next year production wise. For example, I have heard that production will stop late this year and not restart until March with cars only becoming available from April onwards...and then only for a few months. Better safe than sorry. Take it now. Besides, LG is a great colour....although every second RS seems to be LG over here.
+1...to risky, IMO

a bit OT, but has anyone had a problem getting the 19% VAT refunded when they get back to the states?
how long does it take to get the $$ back?
Old 08-22-2018, 12:08 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
x2 - and also I have ulterior motives, I can't wait to tag along for the Lizard ED thread so I want to make sure it happens LOL. Your .1 3RS thread was an inspiration for me for my first Euro Delivery

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
+1...to risky, IMO

a bit OT, but has anyone had a problem getting the 19% VAT refunded when they get back to the states?
how long does it take to get the $$ back?
It took awhile. My dealer wouldn't release the funds to me until they got notification from PAG/PCNA that the car arrived in the US if I'm not mistaken which is the standard policy, but I wasn't too worried about it. I know some RLers with better relationships with their dealers, the dealer wouldn't deposit the check or even ask for the wire, but mine did lol. They overnighted me the check after.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:04 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
^^ Yes my sales guy is very worried about my allocation and I will not take any change if it means risking losing the car.
Perhaps I take Lizard now and stick purple on a boat back in spring..
Just do the winter ED, request the winter tires and enjoy sliding galore, why worry about such a thing, cars should be a tonic, a stress reliver not the opposite. Just enjoy, winter in Europe is wonderful, in October it's benign even, last year i did beach pretty much everyday in October.
Look at the imprevisible climate as an addon to a bit of adventure.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:06 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I cant show up at Ascari on winter tires..

I'm sure November and December can still be OK, but I rather take it in March.
No stress.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:42 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

No stress.
I would also look into if the cars delivered next year will have particle filters. And If that will have any effect on performance.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:12 PM
beoliving
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Unfortunately last year in November we had a lot snow, we had a car on all terrain tires (Grabber AT) and we had to stop and left the car behind to continue our journey...the Cup2 should not be used with less than -6 degree Celsius according to the manual. I would not drive in south of Germany December to March on Cup2. I would not take the risk on a 200k car. If you go to Ascari with Gedlich, they can provide you with tires. Yes, it is an extra cost. Also you may need to check with the insurance provided by Porsche if you are covered if you are on summer tires.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:36 PM
aigle836
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No stress.
When I did ED with my GT4 in winter (5 weeks), Porsche put the Michelin Alpin winter on their wheels and stored mine. Just request access to your wheels and summer tires and ship them to the tracks you plan to attend beforehand and run on the winters in-between tracks.
Just a suggestion.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:30 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Good points all guys.
a lot to think about.

ill wait for a reply and see from there
Old 11-04-2018, 05:24 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,191 Likes on 549 Posts

Any update on the ED insurance extension issue?
Old 11-04-2018, 05:28 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Well, it’s not an insurance issue per se, but Porsche won’t take care of anything beyond 90 days.
Its just not an option any longer.

Quick Reply: TRAKCAR does ED