Sponsored by:

TRAKCAR does ED

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 09:46 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by brake dust
Trakcar,with all of the year end reviews now being given and received, would be really interesting for your "force ranking" of all of the tracks that you have driven, including mancation 1, II and ED!
That's a tall order!
I have to drive them all again in all cars to decide LOL.

There are fun, fast tracks that are fairly easy but may get boring if you lived there, like Mosport or Redbull Ring but I haven't driven them more than a day or two, so don't know.
Than there are difficult frustrating tracks that make you want to go crawl in a corner and give up driving that get under your skin, like the Ring obviously but Dijon comes to mind as well....

I will say that I like tracks that are fast, cant enjoy the 2nd gear corners that come with the otherwise awesome and safe fast F1 style tracks...

Originally Posted by Ur20v
Peter, we are happy to be the distraction. Wish you all the best.
Thanks for all the well wishes and lets leave it at that, this thread is about Tracking an RS starting with ED.

I have spent a lot of time reading and posting on Rennlist the past few weeks to stay sane, but its in the past now and want to continue this thread as intended.
I have to start somewhere, sometime. A 10 hour plane ride home for the Holidays with too much time to reflect on the past 6 weeks that feel like 6 months is as good as good a time as any and it happened to pop up again today. Lets test this intercontinental plane wifi thing.

Kind of a repeat of what I posted before but lets start with a little track video and photo summary for those that don't want to read through 800 posts of history :-)

Very much looking forward to the RS arriving in Florida Dec 23rd so should be in time for Winterfest at Sebring. This will teach me a lot more about the car because home track. The car was a dream to drive; On new tracks I could overdrive the car, push hard and be saved by the car if needed. Will it get boring without 3 pedals on my home track? Will the fender liners survive the bumps at Sebring? Can I leave SC on, even with the car bouncing in the air? Very very much look forward to find out.

Christmas vacation was planned in our new MacanS (specced like pic below when Mrs Trakcar noticed it parked next to RS and made me order it there and than) that's ready for pickup December 21st. Plans cancelled to be home instead, but my 23 year old nephew seems up to the task to pick it up and break it in LOL. He's met us at the Ring and RedBull Ring, so he should know how to break in a brand new Porsche

The GT4 will arrive in February. Just in time to still test it out at Sebring. See if I like the 3 pedal thing more than PDKS. I doubt it. Shocked I like PDKS as much as I do. Never missed shifting, but again could be due to being too busy learning new tracks.... We'll give it the BGB treatment to give the GT4 a fighting chance to see if I can go "back" to manual and get used to the mid engine feel.
The GT4 is one hell of a bargain and I suspect more fun to drive on the street and stay out of jail :-)

Someone posted the question a couple of pages back.. Do you rather have 300-350K or Mr Purple? Its a tough question.. Having a nice RSA and a pre-tested GT4 as backup allows me to sell. Maybe. Than again I will continue to pile on miles at Sebring, so what could a ragged out 10K mile, tracked in snow RS really be worth ;-)
It had 6003 miles on it when I returned it to the factory, we will see how it arrives stateside!

Ring
Spa
Red Bull Ring
Paul Ricard
Dijon Prenois
Magny Cours
Hockenheim
L’anneau Du Rhin
Attached Images     

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 12-11-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:50 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Praying all is well with you and your family Peter
Old 12-11-2015, 09:59 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Also looking forward to the RS arriving in Florida Dec 23rd so should be in time for Winterfest at Sebring. This will teach me a lot more about the car because home track. The car was a dream to drive; On new tracks I could overdrive the car, push hard and be saved by the car if needed. Will it get boring without 3 pedals on my home track? Will the fender liners survive the bumps at Sebring? Can I leave SC on, even with the car bouncing in the air? Very very much look forward to find out.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Kind of a repeat of what I posted before but lets start with a little track video and photo summary for that don't want to read through 800 posts :-)
Hi Peter:

Good to see this! Brings back some nice memories (Spa and Hockenheim) even so we had not a lot of chances driving together.
Looking forward to visit you at one day on your home turf.

Take good care of yourself!

Peter
Old 12-11-2015, 10:48 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Praying all is well with you and your family Peter
Thanks Mike, you and others that know me personally find me outside Rennlist, lets leave it at that everyone, much more fun to critique my line and admire Mrs TRAKCAR's bravery :-)

Above mentioned nephew was sick after 4 laps LOL. Oh the joy of Mrs TRAKCAR reminding him she has sat next to me day after day and no problem LOL...... Actually she once dozed off....
Old 12-11-2015, 10:56 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kobalt
+1!
Waiting for your request as a personal concierge for that Sebring trip :-)
I have some track cars sitting around and there's always http://hertzdreamcars.com/?gclid=Cjw...151211145458:s

Originally Posted by Peterfirst
Hi Peter:

Good to see this! Brings back some nice memories (Spa and Hockenheim) even so we had not a lot of chances driving together.
Looking forward to visit you at one day on your home turf.

Take good care of yourself!

Peter
You showed me enough! When I refer to clearly faster drivers that really know the track in a GT3 that I couldn't keep up with, but showed me that the RS is that much faster, its mostly you I am referring to

Look forward to meet up at some US tracks one day :-)
Old 12-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You showed me enough! When I refer to clearly faster drivers that really know the track in a GT3 that I couldn't keep up with, but showed me that the RS is that much faster, its mostly you I am referring to

Look forward to meet up at some US tracks one day :-)
Thanks for the flowers! Appreciated especially coming from you.

Visit you at some US track is top of my bucket list

Peter
Old 12-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

One thought Peter, when your car lands on the 23rd, get it on a ramp and strip off the under panels, wheels etc and give a good steam clean and WD40/wax-oil etc. They use a lot of rock salt in europe on the roads to stop black ice etc plus the boat ride home will have exposed the bare alloy of the suspension and the stainless exhaust etc to this corrosive liquor.

Its a good chance to fully inspect the underside and give a good polish up.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:07 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

^^That's a good idea!
Old 12-14-2015, 10:05 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

And before you know it, you're one of those suckers tracking a vessel with your car on it

"I am pleased to inform you that your vehicle has been booked to the vessel Dover Highway, estimated to arrive into the Jacksonville port on December 23rd.

Kindest regards,
Daniel
Porsche European Delivery Program
Porsche Cars North America"

But below says ETA 12-16-15? Early arrival?
Maybe I can make it to Sebring December 2nd Chin event!

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/det...:DOVER_HIGHWAY

Everything is setup for the Macan to be picked up next Monday :-)
Old 12-14-2015, 10:14 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

^^That's a good idea!
Or just blow it away at Sebring first weekend of Jan. 😃👊
Old 12-14-2015, 10:23 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

+1!
Waiting for your request as a personal concierge for that Sebring trip :-)
I have some track cars sitting around and there's always http://hertzdreamcars.com/?gclid=Cjw...151211145458:s
Be careful what you wish for.
See you in March
Old 12-14-2015, 10:25 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

And before you know it, you're one of those suckers tracking a vessel with your car on it

Everything is setup for the Macan to be picked up next Monday :-)

How long do you think the dealership will have the car before they hand it over to you?

Macan: Congrats to Mrs Trakcar!
Old 12-14-2015, 10:26 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Or just blow it away at Sebring first weekend of Jan. 😃👊
Its been tracked in the snow and driven on icey roads, so its really a write off as it is

Be careful what you wish for.
See you in March
Look forward to it
Old 12-14-2015, 10:28 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

How long do you think the dealership will have the car before they hand it over to you?

Macan: Congrats to Mrs Trakcar!
Well, if up to me for about 10 minutes..
She's actually a little miffed that she doesn't get to drive it first, I take that as a good sign ;-)

Quick Reply: TRAKCAR does ED