GT3 or GT3 RS owners in the Seattle/Bellevue area

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 04:28 PM
PhinneyWood
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 or GT3 RS owners in the Seattle/Bellevue area

Hi guys,

Been a lurker for years, finally signed up. Been a longtime member on watch forums and figured it's about time I sign up for the best forum for my other big passion...Porsche hahaha.

Curious if there are any local owners that would like to GTG. I'm still waiting on my 991 GT3 RS (I went LO, ceramics, fixed buckets, cage, extended tank, and some other small options). Long time 4.0 owner but as they're going up and up and up in value figured it's time to drive something else to the track(s) and kind of curious what a GT3 RS with PDK will be like. I've only ever driven the non RS 991 GT3 and very much enjoyed it.

Not sure if I can post my mobile here so feel free to PM me. Glad to finally be here!

Cheers,

Creighton
Old 09-09-2015, 04:42 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Creighton,

WELCOME!!

We had a 4.0 and new RS in yesterday......you will be amazed at how much faster and harder you can drive the new RS over the 4.0 or 997 RS examples.

The mechanical grip is amazing on the new RS too and the car is just so much more capable. Steering is a littler heavier and I am not sure yet how the 4.0 RS compares to the 3.8 GT3 on track, that will happen in 2 + weeks at Thermal.

Stay tuned...

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 09-09-2015, 05:19 PM
PhinneyWood
Intermediate

James,

Thanks for the info. Cannot wait, this makes the wait even longer! hahaha. So excited. Got a new hands device and helmet for the track as well haha. My other hands device is the wrong angle...and was for my open wheel toy. (never wore one with the 4.0)
Old 09-09-2015, 05:34 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. We have quite a few 991 gt3 in Seattle. Most belong to the local Pacific Northwest Porsche club. Lots of gtg there.
Quite a few will be at rennsport in a few weeks at Laguna seca. Some driving down. Others flying in.
Next track day I may be participating in is Oct 3-4. At the RIDGE; a Cantrell's day. Next Porsche club event is 11 Sept , but I am still abroad then.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:43 PM
PhinneyWood
Intermediate

@Seapar

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm quite new to the PNW...well at least PCA up hear. I'll have to see about some events. I used to some consulting with Richard Griot and get the Spiel magazine from PNWR from time to time.

I haven't had a chance to drive the Ridge yet, Last time the weather was quite bad and I didn't make the drive there. I've driven many tracks stateside..Laguna, Road America, Atlanta, Mid Ohio (probably the track I've driven the most as I'm from Ohio). Started in Karts at 8 years old..and raced IMSA and SCCA stuff for many many years (still do from time to time) but more just a track day kind of guy these days. Would love to hit the ridge as soon as my car is delivered.

I've seen a lot of 991 GT3's around. And at my office. Seems like there is good taste here hahaha. I'll see about joining the club out here shortly.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:32 AM
mykalz71
Advanced

I am in Eastern Washington waiting on my GT3 to arrive - late November I am told. Excited for my first Porsche.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:39 AM
PhinneyWood
Intermediate

Congrats! Looks like you and I are getting our babies around the same time. Mine should be a little earlier.

What did you spec it like?

Trending Topics

Old 09-10-2015, 11:03 AM
mykalz71
Advanced

Agate Grey Metallic
18-Way Power Seats (really torn about LWB)
Leather Interior with Platinum Stitching
Heated front Seats
Silver Seat Belts
Black Headlights
Headlight Cleaning System in Body Color
Brushed Aluminum Pedals
PCCB
Smoker's Package
Floor Mats
Leather Steering Wheel
PCM + Soudp Package Plus

What do you think about LWB? Have you sat in them? I like to take long cross country trips.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:46 PM
PhinneyWood
Intermediate

Nice spec! I think the leather wheel was smart, I didn't do that but on my 4.0 the alcantara got pretty dirty... Wasn't hard to clean but definitely looks worn.

The LWB are supremely supportive and super low. But for long trips I don't know how I would do. I went with them as I intend to track the car a lot. If I were to do anything over 500 miles I would probably bring two pillows for my lumbar and bum hahaha.

The 18 way are super comfy obviously. A lot of my friends have turbo s's with them and they are super adjustable and comfy beyond belief. If you road trip a lot I think you're find. Some will probably say the LWB's are fine for hyper miling but after sitting in them in both the 918 and a 991 3.8 RS I have to say I couldn't see myself doing that haha
Old 09-10-2015, 11:53 PM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 115 Posts

Welcome to the great Pacific Northwest. We have 25 +- 991 GT3's here already and many come to the track. We have a PNWR club track day tomorrow at Pacific Raceways and 5 or 6 will be there. Mine is in the shop so I will just instruct tomorrow. The Ridge is a great track and there are many opportunities to drive there. The PCA will hold three or four days next year as well as Cantrell Motorsports and Turn 2 lapping. We would love to have you in our community so feel free to come out.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:58 PM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 115 Posts

LWB's are fantastic seats and I have made many long trips in them. I will drive to Rennsport soon which will be the longest trip. Take a look at some of the threads on making them more comfortable. The center seat section peals out and is held together with velcro so you have lots of ways to adjust the fit. I will install a little lumber support before driving to Monterey.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:07 AM
mykalz71
Advanced

Looking forward to meeting everyone at some events and track dates soon.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:20 AM
PhinneyWood
Intermediate

Thank you for the warm warm welcome. So glad to hear there is a good community out here! I would love to make it out, thank you for the invite and information. I'm headed down to the Rennsport reunion as well.

Good information on the LWB's. I've seen a couple videos on YouTube pulling the padding off for adding a harness and am very pleased this forum exists haha. Cheers

Quick Reply: GT3 or GT3 RS owners in the Seattle/Bellevue area