Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

** The "market adjustment" issue **

 
Old 10-19-2015, 07:13 PM
  #166  
Hothonda
User
 
Hothonda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,134
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ajimoto214 View Post
Wondering what Rennlisters think value Mexico Blue has over MSRP on 2015 GT3.
Rare color & beautiful.
What would most pay?
They're always rare when you're buying - tough color w/limited market when you're selling.
Hothonda is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 07:40 PM
  #167  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,311
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by carcommander View Post
Sorta like the 997 .1 and .2 RS's. Not. I don't really care, I ordered mine to drive.
Good because I heard from an inside source in the engineering department at Porsche that they put in this "garage queen" software in where if you don't drive the car more than 2,500 miles per year the car self destruct.
usctrojanGT3 is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 09:52 PM
  #168  
carcommander
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
carcommander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,883
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Sorta like your 2011 RS.
carcommander is offline  
Old 10-19-2015, 09:55 PM
  #169  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,311
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by carcommander View Post
Sorta like your 2011 RS.
Yup, I make sure to drive it the minimum 2,500 miles a year so it doesn't do that either. I bought the car with a touch less than 12k miles 2 years ago and now I'm over 24k miles....THE HORROR.
usctrojanGT3 is offline  
Old 01-12-2016, 08:18 PM
  #170  
STG
Super User
Thread Starter
 
STG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 13,554
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

STG is offline  
Old 01-12-2016, 08:28 PM
  #171  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,311
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

I posted this in my Ebay price thread but here's the link showing that RS premiums are not over $100k...around $75k currently...


http://www.ebay.com/itm/172051708723?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
usctrojanGT3 is offline  
Old 01-12-2016, 08:36 PM
  #172  
STG
Super User
Thread Starter
 
STG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 13,554
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I posted this in my Ebay price thread but here's the link showing that RS premiums are not over $100k...around $75k currently...


http://www.ebay.com/itm/172051708723?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Probably not even that high. Cars being held hostage at dealership showrooms has created a bit of a bubble. The dealers have been feeding the hype. That too will soon end ....

Buy up as much limited supply as possible and jack up prices. There's only so long they can have their money tied up as expensive showroom furniture.

If I was McLaren, I'd offer current Porsche owners a discount voucher to stick it to Porsche.
STG is offline  
Old 01-12-2016, 09:26 PM
  #173  
alaint101
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 460
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
Good because I heard from an inside source in the engineering department at Porsche that they put in this "garage queen" software in where if you don't drive the car more than 2,500 miles per year the car self destruct.
Source please
alaint101 is offline  
Old 01-12-2016, 09:37 PM
  #174  
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,222
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

^Cleaning Lady
Jimmy-D is offline  
Old 01-12-2016, 09:54 PM
  #175  
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,818
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

That article has zero impact on supercar bubbles popping.

The only thing that'll fix the brand new supercar valuations is supply, or less demand from supercar buyers.
GreenLantern is offline  
Old 01-12-2016, 09:59 PM
  #176  
STG
Super User
Thread Starter
 
STG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 13,554
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
That article has zero impact on supercar bubbles popping.

The only thing that'll fix the brand new supercar valuations is supply, or less demand from supercar buyers.
Somewhat true .. But ..

An economic slowdown will. It's coming. Most of the demand is being fed by funny money and speculators.

An industry & economic slowdown affects all cars, "super" or not.
STG is offline  
Old 01-12-2016, 10:49 PM
  #177  
Waxer
Super User
 
Waxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 4,199
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by STG991 View Post
Somewhat true .. But ..

An economic slowdown will. It's coming. Most of the demand is being fed by funny money and speculators.

An industry & economic slowdown affects all cars, "super" or not.
If you are correct there will a lot of hair on the floor from all those haircuts. Pigs usually end up with nothing but mud.
Waxer is offline  
Old 01-12-2016, 11:50 PM
  #178  
STG
Super User
Thread Starter
 
STG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FL
Posts: 13,554
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ost-from-macan

Porsche remains keen to defend its high margins by not pushing sales growth, von Platen at the North American International Auto Show said in Detroit.
We need to retain the brands exclusivity, safeguard residual values and also ensure profitability of our dealers, he said. We wont push volumes.
STG is offline  
Old 01-13-2016, 02:27 AM
  #179  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,311
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by STG991 View Post
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ost-from-macan

Porsche remains keen to defend its high margins by not pushing sales growth, von Platen at the North American International Auto Show said in Detroit.
We need to retain the brands exclusivity, safeguard residual values and also ensure profitability of our dealers, he said. We wont push volumes.
Really? Yet them pump out 911s, Turbos, Cayennes, etc like no tomorrow.
usctrojanGT3 is offline  
Old 01-13-2016, 10:38 AM
  #180  
Banango
User
 
Banango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 821
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
Really? Yet them pump out 911s, Turbos, Cayennes, etc like no tomorrow.
It's a very interesting experiment in sub-brand bifurcation inside a conglomerate overloaded with sub-brands. Eventually they will apply model segmentation down to the family or individual and no one will need to choose any more. The computer will tell us which car to buy based on who Google says we are. VAG and Porsche are to be congratulated on their prescience.
Banango is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ** The "market adjustment" issue **


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: