Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is the angst over turbos?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 02:40 PM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please take your pseudo science and political rant somewhere else, this is not the appropriate forum.

Originally Posted by Alexandrius
The real culprit for sound etc. is all the emissions bull**** our governments feed us because of the evil of "CO2"...a gas that we secrete as part of respiration. A gas that has fueled the bank accounts of many, many scientists who made a "consensus".

Ask a nobel prize winning physicist who has some dignity left in him and he will tell you the math doesn't support the "science." Plus the fundamental flaw that science was never decided on "consensus." All these scientists championing climate change based on CO2 emissions by humans are doing nothing but sacrifice their integrity to make a buck.

Anyways, after that rant I have to say; elect a republican and maybe we can reverse some of this politically correct ****. Keep going down this path, and the same politician that championed the clean air act (good for smog, CO2 was included for no reason) will attempt to take your right to gasoline/ICE cars one day. She has admitted it's her end state to make all ICE vehicles ILLEGAL to drive.

I know we can be skeptical all we want but at some point you have to laugh in her face and enact some legislation to counter her.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:40 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 384 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb
Röhrl won the world rally championship in the days of Group B, back when you hit the throttle two seconds before you needed power. As Porsche's head test driver he's had final sign off on every modern Porsche, and personally tuned the fastest ones. He's been voted "best driver of all time" more than once. He took the GT2 RS around the 'ring in 7:18.

But I'm sure you're right, he just needs to learn to drive a turbo properly.
"But I'm sure you're right, he [WR] just needs to learn to drive a turbo properly"

Indeed! Amazing what is posted on the Net.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:47 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by hlee1169
Please take your pseudo science and political rant somewhere else, this is not the appropriate forum.
I suggest you do the same when you qualify as 'pseudo' the other guy's science.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet we all agree at some level, and I'll bet no one on Earth knows all the rules & regulations coming up in fine detail.

What I do want to know is if there are fellow car enthusiasts within these car manufacturers and even governments who will fight to allow for exceptions to the rules? In the form of limited production runs, or fees / taxes placed on 'special' models within a manufacturer's lineup. We already have gas-guzzler taxes...

What will the future hold for NA Lambos, R8's, Mustangs, Vipers, GT3s, etc., if there can be room for exceptions to the rules, in small quantities of course. Does the possibility even exist that we could see a Viper ACR in 2030 with a large displacement NA V10?

It seems nobody truly knows at this point.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:30 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Zeus
I bet we all agree at some level, and I'll bet no one on Earth knows all the rules & regulations coming up in fine detail.

What I do want to know is if there are fellow car enthusiasts within these car manufacturers and even governments who will fight to allow for exceptions to the rules? In the form of limited production runs, or fees / taxes placed on 'special' models within a manufacturer's lineup. We already have gas-guzzler taxes...

What will the future hold for NA Lambos, R8's, Mustangs, Vipers, GT3s, etc., if there can be room for exceptions to the rules, in small quantities of course. Does the possibility even exist that we could see a Viper ACR in 2030 with a large displacement NA V10?

It seems nobody truly knows at this point.
In the auto companies there are, no doubt, people trying to fight the nonsense. In the government, I doubt it, or they are hypocrites. Wait… the Veep is known to polish is Vette and smoke its wheels...
Old 09-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Even if there ARE exemptions for limited production cars, what about public sentiment?

If nearly every car on the road in 15 years is a hybrid or full electric, will you really feel comfortable roaring around in a car that doesn't conform?
Old 09-10-2015, 06:27 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Guest89
Even if there ARE exemptions for limited production cars, what about public sentiment?

If nearly every car on the road in 15 years is a hybrid or full electric, will you really feel comfortable roaring around in a car that doesn't conform?
Those who have self-confidence will.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:11 AM
Alexandrius
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, ban me if this isn't relevant. If you are an enthusiast and want variety between na and turbo Porsche cars, vote with your money and your vote for executive branch and congress.

The science and politics of this matter are linked, there is no avoiding it. This debate about "why all turbo" only exists because of politics. It is that simple. I don't understand how just that fact doesn't make you all want to give the middle finger to the controlling ******** in the countries that enforce this.

I, for one, will vote for a party that won't let harmless co2 emissions decide what I can drive. And I'd like to note that the next legislation coming is for an all electric fleet by 2050 or so. It aims to outlaw all ICE engines on the road. It is a spinoff of the champions of the clean air act. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...rd-automakers/ Check out the article if your interested, she's all over the place and has successfully passed legislation in the 1970s that lead to co2 being classified as a poisonous gas (lol).

So that is the root of why people are worked up, and the answer to the thread. Let the consumer decide what is desired; not politicians. Or you may lose the right to drive your gasoline powered classics one day. It's a slippery slope.

Last edited by Alexandrius; 09-11-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:19 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Alexandrius
... And I'd like to note that the next legislation coming is for an all electric fleet by 2050 or so. It aims to outlaw all ICE engines on the road. ...
That plan has under tones and I do not want to say more but... those who honestly think e-vehicles will serve our economy are smoking something.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:24 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Old 09-12-2015, 03:58 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
And I was worried about my gun collection....holy crap!
Old 09-12-2015, 07:23 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

By 2050 most of us will drive only to the local shop

sport cars R&D has been always driven by
mass production cars asking for evolution

if mass production cars switch to
a cleaner engine
then mass populated city
will be a better place to live

if CO2 would not be enough think also that for EU the euro bleeding for buying petrol from well known places will stop...

sufficient reasons are behind then

alternative is even more radical :
ban any kind of petrol car like is going to happen in Finland
capital Helsinki enforcing this by 2018

let's enjoy the zenith of last century technology and geopolitical as much as you can

it s over...

Last edited by fxz; 09-12-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I reckon they will ban racing then, too. Brother.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:45 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove the 991 turbo on the Porsche Atlanta small track and loved it.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:45 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
I reckon they will ban racing then, too. Brother.
+1 - they're already on that path in a less direct way by reducing fuel allowances etc. A few more years and you won't make it to the finish line...

Quick Reply: WTF is the angst over turbos?