Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts
Default BBi Autosport Porsche 991 GT3 StreetCup Bolt-In Roll Bar

Name:  Bh491uG.png
Views: 275
Size:  367.4 KB

BBi Autosport Porsche 991 GT3 / GT3 RS / GT2 RS StreetCup Bolt-In Roll Bar

After receiving a warm welcome from fellow members, BBi Autosport is pleased to present our Porsche 991 Street Cup Roll Bar as part of our Street Cup Track Package. The BBi Autosport Bar features a 2 piece design and high strength seamless tubing (1.75” x 0.095, 1.5” x 0.083) for excellent strength to weight ratio. With our sensible design approach, the 2 piece design mounts to frame structure, utilizing factory bolts, to provide strongest mounting points and maximum protection. For superior strength and rigidity, the bar utilizes “X” braces on both front and rear sections and each joint has been meticulously TIG welded by hand. Bolt-in installation is accomplished by using Inner Diameter Tube Clamps that are CNC turned and milled for a precise fit. These unique joints allow us to eliminate the more traditional slip fit tubes with an unsightly through-bolt and nut.

Features
  • 1.75” x 0.095”, 1.5” x 0.083” high strength seamless tubing utilized for excellent strength to weight ratio
  • TIG welded and utilizes “X” braces on front and rear sections for superior strength and rigidity
  • Mounts to frame structure (utilizing factory bolts) to provide strongest mounting points and maximum protection
  • Utilizes laser cut mounting plates & inner diameter tube clamps that are CNC turned and milled for a precise fit
  • Designed to work with stock seats or any aftermarket seats on the market
  • Allows full seat travel to accommodate taller drivers
  • Can be used with stock seat belts or 6 point harnesses for track use
  • Designed to work with wrap-around style harnesses while optional eyelet bolt provisions are available for clip-in harnesses
  • OEM fit & finish. The main hoop contours entire arch of the roof with an even 3/16 inch gap
  • Finished in satin black powder coat. Other colors available Bolt-in installation requires no drilling and minimal carpet trimming
  • Made in USA

Product Link ➡️https://www.bbiautosport.com/product...etcup-roll-bar

International shipping is available and wholesale inquiries are welcomed. BBi Autosport products are also available worldwide through our growing dealer network in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Pacific. BBi Autosport is always actively working to expand our dealer network worldwide to grow the distribution of our products and better serve our growing client base. For all questions and inquiries, please emailSales@BBiAutosport.com

About BBi Autosport

BBi Autosport was founded in the summer of 2005 with the mission of bringing artistry and craft to the Porsche tuning industry. With over 30 years of combined motorsport history, BBi’s operation is truly unique. Racing traditions run deep here at BBi Autosport. As the company's founder and technical director, Betim Berisha has worked in Racing for many years at prestigious events like the 24 Hours of Lemans and 24 Hours of Daytona. First for Fordhal Motorsport working on their GT3RS and Saleen S7 in ALMS and Grand Am series, Alex Job Racing on their ALMS GT3RSR, J3 Racing working on their GT3RSR and then Porsche Motorsports North America as their dyno tech an supporting Porsche teams at ALMS, Grand Am, Speed World Challenge events. Sharing the same passions, most of BBi's support and shop staff have also previously worked for other motorsport programs. Being a one-stop shop, BBi Autosport is equipped to offer everything from hand-built hard goods to championship-winning GT3 Cup Cars.

For up to date information of current shop activities, projects, and product releases, please follow us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts:

https://www.instagram.com/bbiautosport
https://www.facebook.com/BBIAutosport

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram

Last edited by BBiAutosport; 01-23-2020 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:48 PM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 115 Posts

I am curious as to how you attach your shoulder harness to these bars. Doesn't the horizontal bar need to be in the front. Just sayin
Old 09-02-2015, 08:10 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SmokinGTS
I am curious as to how you attach your shoulder harness to these bars. Doesn't the horizontal bar need to be in the front. Just sayin
SmokinGTS,

That is a very good question. The harnesses are wrapped around the horizontal bar of the rear section just like the Cup Car:

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 09-02-2015, 10:50 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here are some beauty shots of the BBi Porsche 991 GT3 Street Cup roll bar in bare metal to showcase the pretty welds.

(Click on images for higher resolution)

Old 09-03-2015, 03:14 AM
loveivs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice welding joint. Too bad I've already got the GMG roll bars.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:25 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

BBi Autosport, why would I ever buy anything from you?! I called you 2 months ago for help on a project, and I have yet to receive a return call. In fact, I tried four separate times to reach you by phone, and even sent you an email. Every time I called, your receptionist was unable to help, each time just patching me through to your voicemail. Obviously we see how far that got me, as you don't return calls. And don't reply to emails either. BAD BUSINESS. Other forum members beware.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:32 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Pardon my ignorance but I've been told that the shoulder strap attachment point should be as close as possible to the seatback

Nice welds BTW.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:58 PM
KA MOTORSPORT
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jlanka
Pardon my ignorance but I've been told that the shoulder strap attachment point should be as close as possible to the seatback

Nice welds BTW.
Recommendations vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. The distance on the BBI cage, which we carry as well in a slightly different variation, is the same as you see it in a 991 Cup.
The distance is not as important as the angle in which the belts run thru the seat.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:27 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by eilig
BBi Autosport, why would I ever buy anything from you?! I called you 2 months ago for help on a project, and I have yet to receive a return call. In fact, I tried four separate times to reach you by phone, and even sent you an email. Every time I called, your receptionist was unable to help, each time just patching me through to your voicemail. Obviously we see how far that got me, as you don't return calls. And don't reply to emails either. BAD BUSINESS. Other forum members beware.
Eilig,

Please accept our apologies for not responding to your inquiries. We have grown exponentially this year and admittedly incidents like this can slip through the cracks. After looking through our email inboxes, I cannot identify the emails that you have sent us. To the best of my memory, I don't recall receiving any inquiries for a 991 GT3 but I can be wrong.

In any case, I would definitely like to follow up on your inquiry if you can help provide me with more details. My direct line at the shop (714)581-8391 and my email address is Jerry@BBiAutosport.com. We will review it to see it is something that is we can accommodate at this time as we are currently swamped with many cars and projects on the schedule. If it is something that we cannot reasonably accommodate at this time, then we will politely decline in timely manner. While we love to keep everyone happy and build awesome cars, we have to deal with realistic constraints of time and resources.

In our attempt to better serve the Porsche market, we are currently working hard to increase our capabilities with new staff, new facility, and new product catalog this year. We brought on one more experienced Porsche technician last week and we are still keeping an eye out or additional support staff to meet the growing demand and improve the overall customer experience. While we have a few growing pains like many other businesses, our ultimate goal is to deliver exceptional service and innovative products.

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 09-03-2015, 11:16 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jerry, Please PM me the availability and price for the above. Thank you. Allan
Old 09-04-2015, 12:00 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

The distance would be more of an issue with nylon belting.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:07 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BBiAutosport
Eilig,

Please accept our apologies for not responding to your inquiries. We have grown exponentially this year and admittedly incidents like this can slip through the cracks. After looking through our email inboxes, I cannot identify the emails that you have sent us. To the best of my memory, I don't recall receiving any inquiries for a 991 GT3 but I can be wrong.

In any case, I would definitely like to follow up on your inquiry if you can help provide me with more details. My direct line at the shop (714)581-8391 and my email address is Jerry@BBiAutosport.com. We will review it to see it is something that is we can accommodate at this time as we are currently swamped with many cars and projects on the schedule. If it is something that we cannot reasonably accommodate at this time, then we will politely decline in timely manner. While we love to keep everyone happy and build awesome cars, we have to deal with realistic constraints of time and resources.

In our attempt to better serve the Porsche market, we are currently working hard to increase our capabilities with new staff, new facility, and new product catalog this year. We brought on one more experienced Porsche technician last week and we are still keeping an eye out or additional support staff to meet the growing demand and improve the overall customer experience. While we have a few growing pains like many other businesses, our ultimate goal is to deliver exceptional service and innovative products.

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
My call was regarding help I need with my 458 Speciale..... You did some work for a friend of mine, Carlo, installing some Sabelts... I would like to do the same installation in my car. I already have the seats. I need help with the install. That is what I was calling about...
Old 09-04-2015, 04:38 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by eilig
My call was regarding help I need with my 458 Speciale..... You did some work for a friend of mine, Carlo, installing some Sabelts... I would like to do the same installation in my car. I already have the seats. I need help with the install. That is what I was calling about...
Eilig, I will look into this and PM you shortly.

Originally Posted by allans
Jerry, Please PM me the availability and price for the above. Thank you. Allan
Thank you for the interest! I sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by loveivs
Nice welding joint. Too bad I've already got the GMG roll bars.
Thank you for the kind words, please keep us in mind for future upgrades!

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 09-04-2015, 04:44 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Matte White BBi 991 GT3 Roll Bar Installed

Here are a few pictures of our BBi 991 GT3 StreetCup Roll Bar installed.
To match the matte white vinyl wrap exterior, we gave the bar a custom matte white finish.

(Click on images for higher resolution)

Old 09-05-2015, 07:01 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by KA MOTORSPORT
Recommendations vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. The distance on the BBI cage, which we carry as well in a slightly different variation, is the same as you see it in a 991 Cup.
The distance is not as important as the angle in which the belts run thru the seat.
Thanks Marius for chiming in. As our dealer, your expertise and motorsports background is highly valued!

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Quick Reply: BBi Autosport Porsche 991 GT3 StreetCup II Bolt-In Roll Bar