Sponsored by:

My Take on Sharkwerks vs. GMG Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 11:57 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
Can someone run this calculation for me? I've spent about $5k on exhausts and made about $4 off YouTube. What return is that?
Isn't the return in the wonderful comments people leave on youtube enough return?

Seriously though keep up the comparisons, etc. They are always a good read and enjoyable.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:47 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by cloud9blue
This...

But I am sure the OP is using these posts for free ads for his website and youtube channels. You can earn pretty decent amount of money from youtube if you have a popular channel, just FYI.
Freaking Chris Harris couldn't make enough money on his YouTube videos to support 1 camera / production guy to make his videos. He had to turn to Patreon to solicit donations after his YouTube pay channel debacle.

I'm guessing Matt's not really doing the YouTube thing for money. Just saying....
Old 08-25-2015, 01:30 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 259 Posts

"I'm making millions off this stuff. Please keep supporting me. "
Old 08-25-2015, 02:42 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

So people reading this are sheep because the information in this thread is wrong? Or is it that I'm a sheep?
Old 08-25-2015, 02:50 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

In all seriousness, I appreciate the offer, but I think I should leave that testing up to someone else. My guess is that I've overstayed my welcome sharing this stuff.
Not at all; excellent contributions that are appreciated by all.

Your ears must be more sensitive than mine; I never detected any drone with GMG exhaust. I don't even detect drone with catless headers AND GMG bypass.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:19 PM
TheMethLab
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Even a simple, well informed opinion about car exhausts brings out the dicks of the internet. Thanks for the POV Money. I appreciate the info you provide.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:22 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Originally Posted by PhilT3
Hmm... While I'm in agreement with your assessment on the GMG purely from reading and viewing your vids... I'm not sure how I feel about the installation note you made regarding it's lack of attachment points that the SW has. Any more info on that would be great
Thanks
In the photos below you can see how the factory muffler attaches to the H-Bracket.

The SW has a square bracket that butts up against that bracket and then ties with supplied bands to it. The new version of the SW actually has a larger bracket. My guess would be so that it attaches to bolt parts of the "H." I would think the original version of the SW bypass was the same thing as the 997 and the guys at SW created an updated version for the 991.

The GMG doesn't attach to the H-bracket. It just floats. The accu-seal clamps, when torqued hold the bypass in place. The top (valved) outlets of the side mufflers have that flex section, so if you wiggle on the tips of the GMG, it moves. Maybe James can make more accurate comments on the methodology. Chris Smith floated his to reduce the possibility for vibration through the chassis.

I didn't take a photo of the GMG, but the CSR mounts similarly.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:24 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Originally Posted by Guest89
Not at all; excellent contributions that are appreciated by all.

Your ears must be more sensitive than mine; I never detected any drone with GMG exhaust. I don't even detect drone with catless headers AND GMG bypass.
Originally Posted by TheMethLab
Even a simple, well informed opinion about car exhausts brings out the dicks of the internet. Thanks for the POV Money. I appreciate the info you provide.
My guess is he thinks that I think I'm great. And that's why I post so much on the forum. What he doesn't know is that I don't have any friends and have nothing else to do.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:27 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
I'll test it
First dibs for Money- if he can't sure

No more turmoil man... Please. My fear is that all of the bolts will strip and my bumper cover will fall off if I touch the rear of the car one more time.

In all seriousness, I appreciate the offer, but I think I should leave that testing up to someone else. My guess is that I've overstayed my welcome sharing this stuff.
I don't think you have (I have followed your other threads. I lurk the 991 gt3 forum time to time). Forums have strong branded customers, whom can sometimes be blinded by their personal opinion due to relationship with a vendor or because the own that product. Some do not like to hear opinions/criticism that go against the product they have on their car (or the car itself).
Old 08-25-2015, 03:50 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 259 Posts

Pretty much, but do not get offended, you are doing your best to drive traffic as mentioned earlier hence the sheep connotation.

It has nothing to do with brand vs brand, but the relentless bs videos and posts on multiple forums. Why make a video on why you chose certain options on your car, or the type of tint you used. Make a blog instead, your followers will be more than happy to read there.

So people reading this are sheep because the information in this thread is wrong? Or is it that I'm a sheep?
Old 08-25-2015, 04:01 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Test Jet
Pretty much, but do not get offended, you are doing your best to drive traffic as mentioned earlier hence the sheep connotation.

It has nothing to do with brand vs brand, but the relentless bs videos and posts on multiple forums. Why make a video on why you chose certain options on your car, or the type of tint you used. Make a blog instead, your followers will be more than happy to read there.

Make your own blog if that's how you like to do things - Matt's videos are well done, informational and lots of people watch and enjoy them. If you don't want to watch them, then don't watch them. Obviously Matt thinks videos are the best medium to discuss the topics of interest.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:09 PM
911Monte
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Test Jet

If you don't like it, move along.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:17 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Make your own blog if that's how you like to do things - Matt's videos are well done, informational and lots of people watch and enjoy them. If you don't want to watch them, then don't watch them. Obviously Matt thinks videos are the best medium to discuss the topics of interest.
Originally Posted by 911Monte
If you don't like it, move along.
Agreed.

Keep up what you're doing Matt….Its much appreciated!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:17 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default My Take on Sharkwerks vs. GMG Bypass

Originally Posted by sgroer
I was just typing the same thing..
Old 08-25-2015, 04:25 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Test Jet, you're not gonna win this one. Matt is too beloved around here for us not to come to his vigorous defense...

Quick Reply: My Take on Sharkwerks vs. GMG Bypass