Old 08-24-2015, 10:04 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 645 Likes on 362 Posts
Default New Product: Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines for 991 GT3

Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Spiegler brake lines are the highest quality brake lines on the market, period. Believe it or not, the owner of Spiegler is actually a German engineer who drives a 911! The fittings are sourced from Switzerland, and the hoses are assembled and tested in Ohio. They have some unique features that aren't available elsewhere. The fittings were explicitly developed for Porsche applications at a considerable expense. They really are the Swiss Watch of brake lines. Our GT3 line kit includes the lines for all four corners of the car. You can read more about Spiegler on their site.

You can see the lines here on our site: https://www.essexparts.com/spiegler-...ear-6-line-kit

The install below is shown on a 997, but it gives you a close look at the unique fittings and how they are implemented on the car. These are on the shelf and available to ship today.

From our website...

Stated simply, some of the automotive brake lines currently on the market are downright frightening. Looking at the fitting and assembly quality makes you wonder where the parts came from, and who put them together. Low grade carbon steel fittings, sloppy stainless weave, no abrasion coatings, substandard linings…the list goes on. When you consider that your brake lines are the critical safety link between your foot and your calipers, these facts aren’t exactly comforting. Not only are some of these parts suspect, it can take forever to actually receive them after placing an order.

Spiegler does things a little differently. While you may not be familiar with the Spiegler name, they’ve been a trusted producer of stainless steel brake lines in the motorcycle racing industry for some time. Every component in a Spiegler brake line is manufactured to exacting standards in the USA or Western Europe, and these premium components are then hand assembled and tested at Spiegler’s facilities in Dayton, Ohio. You can buy Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines with confidence, knowing that you’ll be receiving the finest product available for your car.

You’ll also receive your parts quickly. When you have a track day on the horizon, you know you’ll have your parts in time to install them.

Not only is Spiegler’s quality and delivery superior, they also provide some innovative features which solve some old problems.

“Stress-free” Torsion Fitting System

If you’ve ever installed a set of brake lines on your car, you’ve likely run into issues when trying to get the lines in proper orientation with the calipers. In order to be installed without any unwanted tension or stress, the line may need to be routed in a certain direction or angle with relation to the brakes and suspension. As you screw the banjo bolt into the caliper, the banjo fitting inevitably starts to rotate along with the bolt. You counteract this effect by pre-setting the line in a position counterclockwise of where you want it to actually end up, and then rotating it into position as you tighten the banjo bolt. This is called ‘clocking,’ and it can be a tedious affair.

Once you have the line tightened down, you’re done, right? Not exactly. While routing the brake line to the hard line attachment point, it’s very easy to introduce some twist into the line. That means you’re generating tension and strain on the line. When you turn your front wheels or go over a patch of rough road, that stress can be enhanced greatly.

Most brake lines don’t have a solution for this dilemma. Spiegler lines fortunately do. The unique Spiegler Torsion System on the banjo fitting can be rotated, allowing for the removal of any unwanted tension in the line. Pop the line in your vice, give it a twist, and it’s much easier to position the line. These unique fittings allow for a cleaner install with less stress on the line, which means less chance of the line rupturing, or having unwanted contact with a wheel or suspension component.

Abrasion Resistant Coating/Sheath

All Spiegler Stainless Steel Lines come with an abrasion resistant coating. On the standard parts (non-custom colors), that coating is clear so you’re able to see the underlying stainless weave. The abrasion resistant coating prevents the line from snagging, protects the stainless weave from debris, and also allows the line to slide smoothly through any required retainers or brackets for a given application.

Aircraft Quality Stainless Steel Fittings and Bolts

When you drive your car in an environment as harsh as a racetrack, they’re constantly under assault from heat, tire debris, rocks, dirt, etc. In these conditions you need a high quality brake line designed to cope with these hazards. Spiegler lines are built tough, using aircraft grade stainless steel fittings and hardware. These components form the glue that holds the brake line together. Spiegler is so confident in the strength of their lines that they went so far as to dangle a sport bike from one of their brake lines (see above).

Heavy Gauge, Tightly Woven Stainless Steel Braid

The devil is in the details. Take a look at the Spiegler line above on the left, compared to a competitor's line on the right. Notice the tighter weave and heavier gauge wire on the Spiegler line. Spiegler lines are made from domestically sourced, heavy gauge, densely woven stainless steel braid, and you're getting far more stainless steel per inch than competitors offer. The result is superior pedal feel, strength, durability, and safety.

Du Pont PTFE- Teflon lining, DOT Compliant

Spiegler lines are made with proven, durable components you can rely on, such as a DuPont Teflon® inner lining. Every Spiegler line also complies with Department Of Transportation guidelines for automobile brake lines, so they’re perfect for your road legal track car or daily driver.

Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits & 2-piece J Hook Discs
Ferodo Racing Brake Pads
Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
704-824-6030
jeff.ritter@essexparts.com

Last edited by JRitt@essex; 09-02-2020 at 08:45 AM. Reason: updated link
Old 12-12-2017, 02:19 PM
Brian@ABP
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great speaking with you today Jeff!!
The following users liked this post:
JRitt@essex (09-02-2020)
Old 12-12-2017, 09:23 PM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 115 Posts

I installed these a year ago and they are fantastic. They make flipping or changing pads a breeze as well as installing new rotors.
JRitt@essex (09-02-2020)
Old 12-12-2017, 11:13 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Great product and customer service.
JRitt@essex (09-02-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 02:02 AM
morjo02
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Where can I purchase these brake lines
Old 09-02-2020, 08:46 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by morjo02
Where can I purchase these brake lines

You can purchase them here: https://www.essexparts.com/spiegler-...ear-6-line-kit

Here are the other brake products we offer for the 991 GT3/RS: https://www.essexparts.com/my-vehicl...RS/Iron%20Disc

We also have a complete range of AP Racing and Ferodo brake fluid: https://www.essexparts.com/brake-fluid
Old 03-21-2021, 11:33 PM
wmond
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I’m going to have the wheels off soon to put the summers back on, plus have to change the front pads anyway, and flush the brake fluid for the new hpde season, would seem a good time to ask this question. First, since I’ll have everything off already, I assume it makes sense to do it all at once, right? And I guess the real question, is this a worthwhile upgrade or not? What’s the general consensus, I do about 12 track days a year...I can’t see any downside to this, other than a few hundred bucks for the lines and the time it takes to swap them. Would like to get any input, worthwhile? Necessary? Recommended? Or not needed?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:37 PM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by wmond
I’m going to have the wheels off soon to put the summers back on, plus have to change the front pads anyway, and flush the brake fluid for the new hpde season, would seem a good time to ask this question. First, since I’ll have everything off already, I assume it makes sense to do it all at once, right? And I guess the real question, is this a worthwhile upgrade or not? What’s the general consensus, I do about 12 track days a year...I can’t see any downside to this, other than a few hundred bucks for the lines and the time it takes to swap them. Would like to get any input, worthwhile? Necessary? Recommended? Or not needed?

Thanks in advance.
No big deal, great product, maybe the tarett caliper studs? Get a good bleed.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:41 PM
wmond
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by M3the01
No big deal, great product, maybe the tarett caliper studs? Get a good bleed.
I swapped out for tarett studs when I changed the rotors, so did that already. Just curious about the speigler ss brake lines. Thx.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:25 AM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 164 Posts

I swapped out for tarett studs when I changed the rotors, so did that already. Just curious about the speigler ss brake lines. Thx.
Should be set for an easy swap then.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:01 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks in advance.
Yes, it's definitely worthwhile if you ever plan to change your pads. If you have the Tarrett Studs already, our Spiegler line set will allow you to change pads without disconnecting the brake line and re-bleeding the system. Our flexible line replaces the rigid hard line that goes to the caliper.

Quick Reply: New Product: Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines for 991 GT3