Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very disappointed with Lava Orange this week

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 11:17 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

I bet in about 18 years, people will be paying B I G money for 991 GT3 RSs in LO and UV.

They will become the new "riviera blue" of today's 993 craze.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:39 AM
Tre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Mr orange has officially been changed to mr purple for my build.

Btw - GM contacted Germany and tried to get me Miami Blue. Word came back...absolutely no :-/
What is your build date again? Sept? Is that why Miami Blue isn't in the cards as an option?
Old 08-18-2015, 12:19 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Very disappointed with Lava Orange this week

Build date is November (was originally sept but pushed due to buckets). I don't have details as to why no go on blue. I was never on the PTS list, so apparently they are sticking to that requirement firmly? A bit frustrating as I think Miami blue looks very nice.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:21 PM
Tre
Racer

Build date is November (was originally sept but pushed due to buckets). I don't have details as to why no go on blue. I was never on the PTS list, so apparently they are sticking to that requirement firmly? A bit frustrating as I think Miami blue looks very nice.
I have the same build month and had the same thing happen to me. I share in the frustration especially since Miami wasn't an option during that EXTREMELY short ~2-week PTS window. My SA has my order back to LO but I'm also wavering on the UV option given the large numbers of LO that are out there.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:08 AM
HGM 10
Advanced

I do not regret to had order the LO, my delivery date is Nov 15, my personal opinion it looks great in pictures but it is another world with sunlight, for me is no big deal, im coming from a white GT3 so i think i will like the car very much, and for the people very worried about LO, if i personally don't like it, i will just Wrap the whole car and that's it...
My RS spec is, carbon ceramics, yellow seatbelts, with LO stiching and all black 918 buckets, black wheels that i might change to matte grey like on the GT3, the LIFT that i didn't had on the GT3 and i did not had any hard time with slopes bumps etc, i think in the end it is worth it, (AP said the Rs is like 19 mm higher than the regular gt3, due to the 21" rear wheel and the bigger body overall) this might help also...
I have all leather interior including steering wheel, and chrono pack...
I'll post some pic when it arrives...
Peace
Old 08-20-2015, 12:54 AM
CARFANATICA
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HGM 10
I do not regret to had order the LO, my delivery date is Nov 15, my personal opinion it looks great in pictures but it is another world with sunlight, for me is no big deal, im coming from a white GT3 so i think i will like the car very much, and for the people very worried about LO, if i personally don't like it, i will just Wrap the whole car and that's it...
My RS spec is, carbon ceramics, yellow seatbelts, with LO stiching and all black 918 buckets, black wheels that i might change to matte grey like on the GT3, the LIFT that i didn't had on the GT3 and i did not had any hard time with slopes bumps etc, i think in the end it is worth it, (AP said the Rs is like 19 mm higher than the regular gt3, due to the 21" rear wheel and the bigger body overall) this might help also...
I have all leather interior including steering wheel, and chrono pack...
I'll post some pic when it arrives...
Peace
Plus 1; I freeze OCT 1st for my NOV RS build and I've been seriously struggling with all the pictures that make the LO look either great or 'washed out' as some have called it. I was minutes away from changing to GT Silver with the platinum offsets, but went by Hennessy the other day to finally see the Lava in person; I thought it looked outstanding (though it was in garage not sunlight). The black plastic pieces and black wheels contrasted great. This thread is making me "re-think" everything once again, but in the end I plan on leaving my build as is...I have the silly stuff like vent slats painted, etc. And BTW, PTS is no longer available unless you had secured by end of June, according to PAG Exclusive Design in ATL.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:15 AM
CARFANATICA
Intermediate

Now I'm re-thinking this entire build...again...

Old 08-20-2015, 01:21 AM
CARFANATICA
Intermediate

..and BTW, I've read a few posts about $10 or $20k xtra for an RS allocation; a friend will pay $50k today for a spot..pm me if interested and I'll make intro...I'm not brokering anything or making a $1, but I'd be happy to put fellow RL in touch.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok, sorry to revive this wholly subjective thread, but I finally got to see lava orange indoors and in the direct sun. The color is freaking amazing! What's wrong with all y'all?

It certainly is a unique orange, but that's why I love it. Really stands out. Made the carmine red cayman next to it look mild (and I love carmine).

Maybe this is all a conspiracy to reduce the volume of cars painted lava? I do wish it was exclusive to the RS though.

Anyway, just wanted to throw my hat in the ring as someone who ISN'T disappointed in LO
Old 09-08-2015, 04:50 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 424 Posts

Saw a turbo today in LO driving down the street. Reiterate my opinion..., not my thing at all.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:00 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hoop - Agree. Have seen several times in public now. I like it.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:22 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by CARFANATICA
..and BTW, I've read a few posts about $10 or $20k xtra for an RS allocation; a friend will pay $50k today for a spot..pm me if interested and I'll make intro...I'm not brokering anything or making a $1, but I'd be happy to put fellow RL in touch.
Ok, sorry to revive this wholly subjective thread, but I finally got to see lava orange indoors and in the direct sun. The color is freaking amazing! What's wrong with all y'all?

It certainly is a unique orange, but that's why I love it. Really stands out. Made the carmine red cayman next to it look mild (and I love carmine).

Maybe this is all a conspiracy to reduce the volume of cars painted lava? I do wish it was exclusive to the RS though.

Anyway, just wanted to throw my hat in the ring as someone who ISN'T disappointed in LO
I'm with you Rob!
Old 11-15-2015, 04:20 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
I bet in about 18 years, people will be paying B I G money for 991 GT3 RSs in LO and UV.

They will become the new "riviera blue" of today's 993 craze.
+100% Agreed. Tho', maybe LO a smidge less special now it's available on 991.2.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:44 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Many times in the history or colors, those somewhat under-appreciated but bold nonetheless end up being the desired colors of the future.

Conversely, colors most liked in a period quickly fall out of favor...it wasn't long ago, last week it seems, white was de rigueur.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:50 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yup..I saw a LO RS at my dealer last week. The color is not dense enough and is almost pastel. If I was able to get a car, it would need to be GT Silver.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed with Lava Orange this week