STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Brother from a different mother??

Old 08-16-2015, 11:26 PM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

Received 853 Likes on 372 Posts

Here's another photo of the same car if it helps. Like the last photo, there's no editing, just straight from my phone. I agree with the comment that it's a little milky, and therefore the color is a bit more pink in comparison to your traditional orange. It's miles apart from the 997.1 RS Orange, but not in a bad way IMO. I really do like it a lot.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:47 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

kelvin, great pics, thanks again
from being there in person, do the standard wheels work well with the color and PCCB? or do you think black would have been better. i started another thread on this so sorry for the crossover
the standards look great to my eyes from the pics
Old 08-16-2015, 11:57 PM
KelvinC
Burning Brakes

Received 853 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
from being there in person, do the standard wheels work well with the color and PCCB? or do you think black would have been better. i started another thread on this so sorry for the crossover
I think I'm in the minority, but I really like the standard wheel finish (platinum satin) with the LO. It really shows the wheel design well and has plenty of contrast from the body to be interesting. While black does look "meaner" I've never been a big fan of black as it often hides detail/shape, and with any sort of dust and dirt it ends up looking brownish. At least with the standard grey, when it gets dirty it ends up either looking darker grey or bronzish at worst.

Sadly I can't say I'm fortunate enough to be an RS customer, but if I was, I'd order it just like I saw yesterday. It looks pretty special to me, and I've never gravitated towards purple (or green in the previous RS for that matter).

Lastly, I think the black accents of the RS looks great on the LO. Maybe I was simply excited to see it for the first time, but when I did, I thought the entire package just looked right.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:01 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

i love lava pink.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:38 AM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Very disappointed with Lava Orange this week

When I was in Shanghai a few months ago, there was a promotional mag in my room that had an artist rendering of an RS in LO and it was deep, rich and racy as all get out. When I saw a cab in LO about a week ago, I couldn't believe it was the same color. Very disappointing.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:48 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
They look good in standard. It is a sweet color but you really need to see it in real life so you do a decision that make you sleep good a night.

It looks really good indoors and it changes color in the daylight.
Depending on what your preference is it might be your color.

If you go to a Porsche dealer they might have paint sample: Take it towards the windows of the dealership and you'll see what happens to the color.

Last edited by Kobalt; 08-17-2015 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:54 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to borrow the English phrase....the UV car is very marmite...

you aint going to be on the fence...its either love or hate.

at least this side of the pond...PTS window closed.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:43 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

yes, PTS dead/closed from everything I can gather... there are some cars that were ordered back in spring PTS by dealers that are starting to roll in... voodoo, mexico, light green, etc. but in "regular" models, S, targa, gts, etc. If you want a fun/funky color on a GT3/RS, lava is it, or UV for the RS also
Old 08-17-2015, 06:39 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by oc997
Went to Quail and finally got my chance to see the Lava Orange in person and it was very unimpressive.

The color is very washed out salmon almost like a pastel orange and did not have that deep orange I fell in love with when it first debut at Geneva.

I had several other friends with me and they all hated the color but loved the car.

I can still change my color as I am October production but I think I have to decide whether to go Purple now or GT silver.

It's a pity as I can't get deviated purple stitch and belts on purple.

Now thinking of boring GT silver with yellow stitch and yellow belts to match my ceramics.

What do you guys think?

I also heard Purple may not be allowed anymore so it can possibly be a rare color.

No more PTS according to Porsche either so makes the decision quite hard
thought exactly the same thing...washed out

I do like the purple
Old 08-17-2015, 08:13 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 55 Posts

Not the best pic, but a pretty realistic look at the color. It definitely looks washed out in bright sunlight, but I think the color is actually pretty nice in the right light.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:20 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

i have not seen one picture where it looks washed out... i am going to see it live this Thursday, must lay eyes on it
Old 08-17-2015, 08:36 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mile2424
Not the best pic, but a pretty realistic look at the color. It definitely looks washed out in bright sunlight, but I think the color is actually pretty nice in the right light.
Love the pic!
Old 08-17-2015, 09:08 PM
Tre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "washed out" look is synonymous with what people are calling "salmon". You can see it on the top of the fender. LO loses that orange "pop" in certain lighting and at certain angles. I would say rounded surfaces tended to look a bit more "washed out" because of the way the curvature causes a more uneven lighting. I looked at the Turbo S they have at the San Antonio dealership and thought the color was pretty unique given its various qualities. Plus the Turbo S gives a good feel for the color on an RS given the shared body parts. What Porsche has done with both LO and UV, which has shades ranging from a pastel-like purple to midnight blue to dark purple depending on lighting conditions (according to pics), is create very unique colors as they certainly don't fit "standard" orange or purple colors.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:41 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Very disappointed with Lava Orange this week

Mr orange has officially been changed to mr purple for my build.

Btw - GM contacted Germany and tried to get me Miami Blue. Word came back...absolutely no :-/

Last edited by Hoopumpers; 08-17-2015 at 11:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed with Lava Orange this week