Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very disappointed with Lava Orange this week

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 03:14 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't forget about GT Silver with LO interior stitching and maybe cushions, the mullet of RS combos and I like it. As far as the interior matching the calipers, I think it's over rated, hard to notice, and you don't see both in relation much.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,793 Likes on 2,194 Posts

'Lava orange' isn't the hot racy color the name suggests, and is indeed more like a quirky and understated pastel red, but still a nice color for the car, IMO.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:45 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
Don't forget about GT Silver with LO interior stitching and maybe cushions, the mullet of RS combos and I like it. As far as the interior matching the calipers, I think it's over rated, hard to notice, and you don't see both in relation much.
+1 - get the LO cushions. I have them coming on my Viper Green order, if I don't like them I'll get Tartan ones made up...
Old 08-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by NSD991
GT silver with yellow stitch and yellow belts to match ceramics personally checks all the boxes for me! Exactly what I would order if I had the chance. Also Black wheels to make the yellow ceramics pop.
This combo ^

If you are not in love with the color don't do it. You have to look at it everyday. It's gotta trip your trigger. IMO trim colors should always match your calipers or be a color that works with your calipers. I'm a white and red guy. Good luck!

Last edited by Mr. Adair; 08-16-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Very disappointed with Lava Orange this week

I saw the LO in person a few weeks ago and like most it's not my first choice but it isn't that bad. It also helps accentuate the black grills which I like. I think they might get lost on UV? I personally would go UV as this car is so much more car than silver imho.
Another question to ask is are you now compromising on a $200k car? Sell allocation for $20k and put it towards 458 / 650S?? Porsche need a slap for this. $200k cars and you have a choice of 3-4 colors?!?!
Old 08-16-2015, 05:07 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw a black and a white one at Werks this weekend. I'd go for black!
Old 08-16-2015, 05:39 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Every time I see one of these posts I get so conflicted. I'm still waiting for an RS allocation, but in the meantime I received a 2016 GT3 allocation. I'm planning to spec lava orange. I love the way it looks in pictures (including the one in this thread) and I think it will be very rare on a standard GT3. It wouldn't be my first bright color choice if PTS was available but it's not. I agree with the earlier comment about launch colors also. Usually they tend to look pretty good or Porsche wouldn't use them. One would think in fact that the designers pick that color because it looks best on the model. I get that it is not a typical deep orange, and has a bit of a peachy or pink to it. I am envisioning a bright taffy type color nonetheless. I have seen a couple threads like this now and they are making me nervous...may need to reevaluate

Last edited by mrsullivan; 08-16-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's on a Turbo S. I must say I was underwhelmed with the color. Still neat. But not sure I can live with it
Old 08-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Every time I see one of these posts I get so conflicted. I'm still waiting for an RS allocation, but in the meantime I received a 2016 GT3 allocation. I'm planning to spec lava orange. I love the way it looks in pictures (including the one in this thread) and I think it will be very rare on a standard GT3. It wouldn't be my first bright color choice if PTS was available but it's not. I agree with the earlier comment about launch colors also. Usually they tend to look pretty good or Porsche wouldn't use them. One would think in fact that the designers pick that color because it looks best on the model. I get that it is not a typical deep orange, and has a bit of a peachy or pink to it. I am envisioning a bright taffy type color nonetheless. I have seen a couple threads like this now and they are making me nervous...may need to reevaluate��
I actually find it to be interesting until they made it optional and you can order on any 911. The RS deserves its on special color in my opinion when you go unique.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:00 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I bet more people would think the color is awesome on the RS if they had no clue what the name of the color was. Orange is misleading I think.

I've seen the color and it is great on the RS. Those who have specced it, don't worry, it is classic on this car and phenomenal.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:02 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Saw it on a GTS today, has a bit too much pink in it, really washed out color. Not a fan.

I think UV with some LO interior might look pretty good though
Old 08-16-2015, 06:03 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

it looks great in the pics to me here, even the turbo s... and in all the youtube videos, reviews, cover of Christophorus, etc... maybe i need to go seek it out and see in person... will do so
Old 08-16-2015, 06:35 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

I went all out. Lol. GT Silver. Full leather, orange stitching. LO is not inspiring in my opinion. Way too pink. I have seen it in person. It's just OK.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:38 PM
Tre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think LO is as bad as people are claiming it is. Yes, it definitely is NOT orange which I believe is what initially disappoints people. And yes, it's disappointing that Porsche offers it on the rest of its products (just like white, GT silver, RY, and black). It's also a color that reflects as a different shade depending on lighting and angles. It is indeed a controversial color because people, including myself wanted an orange like the 7.1 pumpkin RS. Nonetheless, it is a special color that brings attention and discussion. Perhaps that's why it's Porsche's "communication" color. And like others, each person who specs this color has to decide if THEY like it. Are they buying the car for themselves or for others to look at. There will always be people who don't care for a particular color or scheme (e.g., the 7.2 RS red lipstick).
Old 08-16-2015, 06:53 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

No one has mentioned it yet, but the RS looks very, very good in white. You could go with lava stitching and seat belts inside. I think that would be a pretty bada** combo.

Personally, I don't think PAG did a great job with the RS palette in general. White and GTS will be too common and boring to many (although I like them both). And neither Lava nor UV does anything for me (and Lava clearly hasn't been a cross-the-board hit). And then there is black, which could go in the white/GTS category, but will cost you an extra $5500.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed with Lava Orange this week