Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
Drive both
Make decision that fits you
Done
+10

Not a big fan of the elitist "if you're not gonna track it save it for someone who's more worthy" camp.

There is no "right" way to enjoy a GT3, though hitting the track in one is great fun!
Old 08-02-2015, 10:30 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

I love how people have been calling the 991 gt3 raw and I think its the furthest thing from that descriptor period when looking at past cars. This complete lack of uniformity in people's descriptors across the board is why you just need to decide which one you think you'll like more, and do the decision for YOU. Personally, I think the 991 GT3 is boring albeit a "cool" car nonetheless. The ONLY reason I'm getting one is because it holds value well and has a lot of warranty. An older RS or even regular GT3 is definitely more engaging as far as the "purist" sense of this world as I've been a part of it... The gt3 does sound loads better than any of the turbo cars though...
Old 08-02-2015, 10:32 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
I love how people have been calling the 991 gt3 raw and I think its the furthest thing from that descriptor period when looking at past cars. This complete lack of uniformity in people's descriptors across the board is why you just need to decide which one you think you'll like more, and do the decision for YOU. Personally, I think the 991 GT3 is boring albeit a "cool" car nonetheless. The ONLY reason I'm getting one is because it holds value well and has a lot of warranty. An older RS or even regular GT3 is definitely more engaging as far as the "purist" sense of this world as I've been a part of it... The gt3 does sound loads better than any of the turbo cars though...
Very true, and it's all relative. "True" Porsche purists don't look twice at water cooled cars.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:34 PM
911turbos
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Turbo is a better DD. The GT3 is more of a drivers car.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:36 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
+1 - very much a street car with numb steering, soft suspension and a brake pedal feel that is way too firm for track work. You can fix all of this aftermarket, but I'm still holding out hope PAG has with the RS..

I don't regret buying it as it didn't cost me much financially, but I'm just not drawn to the car.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:37 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Serge944
+10

Not a big fan of the elitist "if you're not gonna track it save it for someone who's more worthy" camp.

There is no "right" way to enjoy a GT3, though hitting the track in one is great fun!
Actually just a selfish recommendation , as the more 3's around the ring the more fun
Old 08-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a 2015 Gt3 and after 6 months I sold it ( due to health reasons)to a Porsche dealer for full MSRP. If I had tried that with a turbo s, I would have been looking at a 40-50k loss. Both are great cars, the GT3 is just a much better value.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:42 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
I bought a 2015 Gt3 and after 6 months I sold it ( due to health reasons)to a Porsche dealer for full MSRP. If I had tried that with a turbo s, I would have been looking at a 40-50k loss. Both are great cars, the GT3 is just a much better value.
Blessings to a speedy recover
Old 08-02-2015, 10:51 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
Best of luck to you health wise, When you're ready for another GT3 youll make it happen. But it was lucky you were in a GT3 vs the turbo for sure!
Old 08-02-2015, 11:00 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would not say they are 2 different cars. They are 2 cars Porsche has taken from the same DNA and pushed in different directions. I would say if you want a street car that has a little more performance twist and personality than a MB but want all the niceties that modern luxury cars like the MB car offer then the Turbo is for you. If you want a Porsche experience that is a little more "old school Porsche" then the GT3 is the one. I think "raw" is a little too harsh a word to describe the 991 GT3. A little more road noise, yes, a little stiffer ride than a turbo, yes, a drivers car, yes. By a drivers car I mean that you can feel the car, the road and understand a little more about what the car is doing in the GT3. The Turbo certainly is doing the same things but you are more isolated and unaware of it. If you don't come from a history of older 911s, or you don't have some track experience and you are expecting the perfect smooth modern car experience (that frankly almost every car on the road can offer these days) then the GT3 may be a disappointment for you.

Last edited by GregJGT3; 08-02-2015 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:06 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by jusaur
GT3 are the "real" 911 experience. If you keep the turbo, get ready to loss 50% of the MSRP in the next 4 years. If you get the GT3 and ordered with PTS It will keep its value for the next 4 years, and a good potential of appreciation if low mileage and if end up being the "last" naturally aspirated GT3.
GT3 are considered "specialty" cars exclusive and low production. Turbo S just the best model in the "massively" production group.
GT3 makes you unique and a purist.
This is absolutely hilarious. The last line is my favorite! Who knew?
Old 08-03-2015, 08:09 AM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

Your wife will not want to ride to dinner in the gt3, it's loud and has a harsh suspension. The turbo is much more comfortable and just as fast, amazing really.

The Gt3 will literally make you giggle like a 6 year old on your first carnival ride in the first 4 gears.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:38 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

Friend just traded a Turbo and it almost lost 50% in 4.5 years. Crazy depreciation on all Porsches except GT cars for sure.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

All have responded well it's really hard to describe a turbo over a NA motor. Turbo is blistering fast, but it's a good DD sports/luxury. GT3 loud and you feel the bumps, but an awesome drive. I agree with the OP the wife will not want to go to dinner in it unless she a racer. I like track events, but I rather not do them in my car so I'm one of the few that will not track (my) personal car. I really enjoy mountain driving, and country back roads which. An be done safely while enjoying the GT3. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:43 AM
SHAG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTS is boring. Get GT3. You wouldn't be asking us if you were satisfied with your car. I sold my 991 tts because my cayman s was more fun.

Quick Reply: Why NOT to buy a 2016 GT3