Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wind Buffeting Solution

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 08:30 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Understood and thanks for seeing this through!

Stacy

p.s. the amount of c#+k blocking that has gone on in this thread above and below is truly disheartening. Cut the guy a break and hock your over-priced wares on someone else's thread. Or here's a clue, start your own. Is the market so cut throat now you have to pull this BS to make your couple bucks a unit? Man...

Last edited by S S; 08-11-2015 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Disbelief...
Old 08-11-2015, 11:09 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

We just received 10 units in stock from AWE if anyone is interested.
Please email me at James@gmgracing.com if you would like to order one of their carbon units.

Thanks,

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 08-19-2015, 07:20 AM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
Understood and thanks for seeing this through!

Stacy

p.s. the amount of c#+k blocking that has gone on in this thread above and below is truly disheartening. Cut the guy a break and hock your over-priced wares on someone else's thread. Or here's a clue, start your own. Is the market so cut throat now you have to pull this BS to make your couple bucks a unit? Man...
Here's the latest update... word back from shop that machine is fixed and production back on line. Hope to have everything stamped and done by end of this week, beginning of next. Powder coat and completion by END of next week, latest. Will post when first shipment to you all on way.

Thanks for your patience. We're almost there.

BTW, for those that don't want to wait, others on this thread apparently have their units available for sale. (GMG has never returned my phone calls for service for cage issues, but apparently very interested in selling these wind buffeting pieces? I'm flattered.)
Old 08-19-2015, 09:19 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I am happy to wait for yours. I appreciate your efforts on our collective behalf.

Originally Posted by est8esq
Here's the latest update... word back from shop that machine is fixed and production back on line. Hope to have everything stamped and done by end of this week, beginning of next. Powder coat and completion by END of next week, latest. Will post when first shipment to you all on way.

BTW, for those that don't want to wait, others on this thread apparently have their units available for sale. (GMG has never returned my phone calls for service for cage issues, but apparently very interested in selling these wind buffeting pieces? I'm flattered.)
Old 08-19-2015, 10:30 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Est8esq, my contact info is always in my sig and happy to respond to any requests made. And I was only letting people know that AWE finally made some units and they are available to anyone that is interested.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:41 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Wind Buffeting Solution

I'll be waiting for yours..
Old 08-21-2015, 09:22 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

Saw this on a Datsun GTR last weekend.

They solved it.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:41 PM
AiRick
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry could not wait any longer , can't take another track day with my ears bleeding from the Wind Buffeting !
Old 08-25-2015, 12:10 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in also.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:00 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Latest update

I just spoke w/ my manufacturers and they said this first batch is all stamped and will be powder coated this afternoon.

Again, they way they're powder coated, you have to attach a small wire to the back and weld it. So, the welding on, then removal and deburing of the cut is what apparently takes time.

They said, at the latest will be this Friday that I can come pick up?

I'm out of the office Friday, so I'm hoping they're done Thursday, so my office can start shipping to you all while I'm out.

Light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks everyone for your patience. Between the financial markets and work, I'm still pressing to get these out asap.

Going to head to post office now and grab a bunch of Priority boxes now. Don't even know what shipping is nowadays, but will let you all know shortly.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:44 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Question to all on this topic -- what is the best/right adhesive to be using on all these stick-um-on-the-OEM-window base-triangle solutions? Needs to stick tight, but not trash the OEM piece finish if/when removed...

TIA
Old 08-25-2015, 04:04 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
Question to all on this topic -- what is the best/right adhesive to be using on all these stick-um-on-the-OEM-window base-triangle solutions? Needs to stick tight, but not trash the OEM piece finish if/when removed...

TIA
3M VHB 5952 (find it on eBay)

Old 08-25-2015, 05:50 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Awesome, thanks for the update!

I just spoke w/ my manufacturers and they said this first batch is all stamped and will be powder coated this afternoon.

Again, they way they're powder coated, you have to attach a small wire to the back and weld it. So, the welding on, then removal and deburing of the cut is what apparently takes time.

They said, at the latest will be this Friday that I can come pick up?

I'm out of the office Friday, so I'm hoping they're done Thursday, so my office can start shipping to you all while I'm out.

Light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks everyone for your patience. Between the financial markets and work, I'm still pressing to get these out asap.

Going to head to post office now and grab a bunch of Priority boxes now. Don't even know what shipping is nowadays, but will let you all know shortly.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:40 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
3M VHB 5952 (find it on eBay) .
Would the 3m command strips not work?
Old 08-27-2015, 12:12 AM
devenh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in.