Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pepita inserts for LWB seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 06:28 PM
Spdrcrj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you to everyone who posted pics and their experiences with Garry. I just experienced the same great service this week from him and made my purchase. Looking forward to getting my black/white houndstooth inserts.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:43 PM
sfbimmer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spdrcrj
Thank you to everyone who posted pics and their experiences with Garry. I just experienced the same great service this week from him and made my purchase. Looking forward to getting my black/white houndstooth inserts.
I'm interested in the black and white 50/50 OEM-like material (similar to 911R) for my incoming GT3T. From what I heard from Garry a month ago he was out and trying to source more. Did you end up ordering a set with this material?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:55 PM
Spdrcrj
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sfbimmer
I'm interested in the black and white 50/50 OEM-like material (similar to 911R) for my incoming GT3T. From what I heard from Garry a month ago he was out and trying to source more. Did you end up ordering a set with this material?

Thanks in advance.
I just went with his classic black and white material. I wanted the black/silver stuff but he said he’s out of it.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:15 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 472 Likes on 223 Posts

Thanks to Garry at Classic FX for helping me with some green pepita to match my Oak Green Metallic.

This is a Garry / Crazy Eddie combo - thanks guys!

Old 12-27-2018, 10:07 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

^ Looks great.

Is there a video how to take out passenger seat cushion w/o breaking the OEM clip??- Thanks
Old 12-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^ Looks great.

Is there a video how to take out passenger seat cushion w/o breaking the OEM clip??- Thanks
I don't think there's any video of that, and it would be difficult to take. There are some still images a few pages back in post #230 of this thread by rrmcg of the little white fasteners in the passenger seat bottom, which show their location in the rear of the passenger bucket bottom and close-ups of the shape of the hook on their top that reveals how they fasten to the thin little bar embedded in the foam of the seat bottom (which is shown in another image), so you can figure out how to unhook them by lifting the bottom insert carefully and spreading the hook from around the bar properly, but I wouldn't worry about them--I never bothered to put mine back in while changing the insert covers and it hasn't been a problem in nearly 4 years of use now. The velcro positions the seat bottom securely without any help from those clips, and they would be just as hard to refasten as they are to unfasten.
YMMV,
TT
p.s.
There is a video on Garry's site of how to install the new covers on the foam pieces that is informative, however.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOYc02FjXpg&feature=youtu.be
Old 12-27-2018, 09:50 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I emailed Gary and asked if he could supply inserts for sport seats with no reply. This question was asked in this thread earlier and I was wondering if anyone else got an answer?
Old 12-27-2018, 09:57 PM
iczer34
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Just installed these inserts made by Garry but purchased from @zroom (who is a total class act, thanks Amin!).

Old 12-27-2018, 10:01 PM
iczer34
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven C.
I emailed Gary and asked if he could supply inserts for sport seats with no reply. This question was asked in this thread earlier and I was wondering if anyone else got an answer?
Ping him a few more times, it took about 2 emails from me before he replied. Maybe also try messaging him on instagram - https://www.instagram.com/classic_fx_porsche/

I'm still waiting for him to restock the 911R fabric, in the meantime (as posted above) i was able to purchase a set from another RLer who had a spare set of inserts.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:09 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by iczer34
Ping him a few more times, it took about 2 emails from me before he replied. Maybe also try messaging him on instagram - https://www.instagram.com/classic_fx_porsche/

I'm still waiting for him to restock the 911R fabric, in the meantime (as posted above) i was able to purchase a set from another RLer who had a spare set of inserts.
Thanks, just tried again.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:22 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

My guess is he is off for the holiday as most of Europe seems to shut down for two weeks at the end of the year. Thinking of doing inserts in leather. Anyone done that yet?
Old 12-27-2018, 10:25 PM
Vadaredevil
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard from him this morning, he is sending me a couple swatches.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:52 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 194 Posts

Might pull the trigger on the 911 R Houndstooth inserts from Garry. If anyone has a set they wann sell let me know!!

or might do ( if possible Garry) all alcantara Gt Silver inserts.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:04 AM
MPietro
Advanced

hi all,

I see many of you change the standard alcantara insert with pepita design.....honestly yes nice however I do prefer the standard alcantara without GT3 stripes.
As I own a standard GT3 and the inlets has the stripes I dont like, is some of you interested to sell me the standard alcantara insert also the one from the RS or GT4 without stripes (I do have 918 seats fixed)

thanks .....
Old 05-03-2019, 12:37 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi,
Wanted to share my recent experiences with Garry... (Classic FX). First I wanted to say that the communication between him and I was excellent, especially considering the time difference. He made every effort to ensure I was aware of the costs and various timelines. He was upfront about everything. I chose the Carrera T Sport-Tex material to spruce up my RS’s Alcantara seat inserts...a slight premium in cost, but the end results were worth it (for me). Fit and finished were perfect...the attention to detail is clear. The YouTube video he sent made it very easy to complete the installation...
Thanks Garry!!!!
http://classiccarrestorationsurrey.co.uk/
Here are some pics... Cheers!!! JB

Original Alcantara

The following users liked this post:
MAD3 (04-03-2020)

Quick Reply: Pepita inserts for LWB seats