Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103 Ferrari 458's, 23 Porsche GT3's on eBay.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eilig
If that's your plan, you better hop on it. Speciale prices have been continuing to rise. I'm in Germany right now, and spoken with three Ferrari dealers who all said there's been a sudden spike in Speciale prices in just the last month. Apparently many Speciales on the market come from sellers who took delivery of their new Aperta. Once Apertas are all delivered, and even fewer Speciales enter the market, they all believe prices will continue to climb. Compounding matters is that almost every Speciale owner you talk to doesn't like the 488, so I don't think there will be many Speciales changing hands in the coming years. And those that do could be at higher prices. We'll see.

Speaking of sound: I Drive the Ferrari 458 Speciale w/ INSANE Straight Pipes Exhaust! - YouTube
The problem with this statement is you spoke to a dealer. Of course everything is going to go up in price so buy now and that is universal.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:21 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts
Default 103 Ferrari 458's, 23 Porsche GT3's on eBay.

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
EXPLINATION:
IN THE FERRARI WORLD THE 458 IS THE CARRERA
THE SPECIALE IS THE GT3 OR GT3RS.

SO COMPARE THE FOR SALE 458'S WITH FOR SALE C2,C2S,C4,C4S,CABS, AND SO ON.(PLENTIFUL)

FOR SALE SPECIALES, GT3/RS NOT SO PLENTIFUL

NOW THAT PUTS THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE

Well said.

ONLY 4 used SPECIALE'S for sale that I found in the country. Not a sign of any dumping. Over MSRP, they will get it unlike new over sticker GT3's.

With any model made in high #'s, you'll see turnover. Look how many GT3's have turned over already, and continue daily.
Attached Images  
Old 07-20-2015, 09:37 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
The problem with this statement is you spoke to a dealer. Of course everything is going to go up in price so buy now and that is universal.
Whatever. Fine, do the research yourself. 4-5 months ago they could be bought for 30 over. Today they are going for 60-70 over. And there are fewer available.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Whatever. Fine, do the research yourself. 4-5 months ago they could be bought for 30 over. Today they are going for 60-70 over. And there are fewer available.
No, you don't have to get your panties bunched-up (I don't care that much sheesh). Rule number one especially when it comes to sales and potential (ya know you might want to buy it right now) sales the last person, people, you should believe is/are a car dealer/s. Besides why should I have to do the research when I don't care and you have already done it. And what you posted are just ASKING prices and I will admit they will probably go for more than asking due to the more money than brain's syndrome and buying by emotion.

And let's see where they are after 6 to 12 months after the 488 comes out! There is still plenty of room for depreciation as even in the 991 GT3 and RS. Besides I wasn't being specific to the silly speciale. It just happened to show up in the search results.

Don't let something like this rain on your day, it's not worth it!

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 07-20-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:28 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Well said.

ONLY 4 used SPECIALE'S for sale that I found in the country. Not a sign of any dumping. Over MSRP, they will get it unlike new over sticker GT3's.

With any model made in high #'s, you'll see turnover. Look how many GT3's have turned over already, and continue daily.
There has been similar turnover % in the 458S to the GT3 from what I've seen. Ferrari people I know are waiting for the F12 HTGE/Scud/GTO to come out and sold their 458Ss months ago. Similar movement as we've seen with the GT3 to GT3 RS.

That yellow one you posted is listed at $430k on duPont - don't know if you can read anything into it but they might be chasing the market a little.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:36 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts
Default 103 Ferrari 458's, 23 Porsche GT3's on eBay.

If that's your plan, you better hop on it. Speciale prices have been continuing to rise. I'm in Germany right now, and spoken with three Ferrari dealers who all said there's been a sudden spike in Speciale prices in just the last month. Apparently many Speciales on the market come from sellers who took delivery of their new Aperta. Once Apertas are all delivered, and even fewer Speciales enter the market, they all believe prices will continue to climb. Compounding matters is that almost every Speciale owner you talk to doesn't like the 488, so I don't think there will be many Speciales changing hands in the coming years. And those that do could be at higher prices. We'll see.

Speaking of sound:
Well you're in Germany so the market may be different....a good % of Speciale owners can actually afford both....as with all modern cars save the rare few prices will stabilize and start to drop....I'll be patient
Old 07-20-2015, 10:40 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
The 458 is quirky to drive. Over time it gets worse
Not my experience. I have owned one for 3 years. I have also had one at speed on a race track (not mine) at COTA with Anthony Lazzaro as my instructor. Car is very planted and predictable.

Everyone's Ferrari experience is a little different. Just because there are a bunch for sale doesn't mean the sky is falling.

I am on the list for a 488 but we will see. I find I get tired of the cars with super hard edges RS, Scud, Special etc. faster than I do with the main stream cars.

YMMV
Old 07-20-2015, 11:00 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Well you're in Germany so the market may be different....a good % of Speciale owners can actually afford both....as with all modern cars save the rare few prices will stabilize and start to drop....I'll be patient
In the end if you have the patience you can have what you want with cars unless it is something especially Rare and Coveted like an McLaren F1 or Porsche CGT (remember when they were trading at $350K?), all the Pagani's.

I see advert's from Southlake Texas and Marshall Goldman and can't help but think they are shooting for the stars price wise sometimes!

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 07-20-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:51 AM
///Armin
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Even with so many 458s in the market, we still haven't seen a significant price drop on 2011/2012s. For example if you do a search on Autotrader, a relatively low mileage (less than 10K) 2011 is still around $220K...it was around the same price last year.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by ///Armin
Even with so many 458s in the market, we still haven't seen a significant price drop on 2011/2012s. For example if you do a search on Autotrader, a relatively low mileage (less than 10K) 2011 is still around $220K...it was around the same price last year.
That is the great Mileage Debate... Do I want to drive my Ferrari (speaking rhetorically) and put miles on it thus causing the value to decline or do I just want to look at it in my garage?

Does anyone have data on how many 458s were built including variants?

I know Porsche publishes the number of cars they build because I see people posting the numbers built. As for comparison's sake I would like to know how many GT3's up to the 2015 from 2010 including the 997.2 GT3 and RS.

I love the 458 there is no hating going on at all. I just could never see myself in one... I could see myself in a second hand F12 which I don't mind - only caveat would be front Axle Lift on it. I would have to have a Porsche more specific which I can only see myself buying bespoke.

One can purchase a 458 from 2010/2011 for less than $200K and around 10K miles.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:35 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Well said.

The white Speciale is an awesome build...
I could not justify $180k more than I paid for my '14 Italia.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:36 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
That is the great Mileage Debate... Do I want to drive my Ferrari (speaking rhetorically) and put miles on it thus causing the value to decline or do I just want to look at it in my garage?

Does anyone have data on how many 458s were built including variants?

I know Porsche publishes the number of cars they build because I see people posting the numbers built. As for comparison's sake I would like to know how many GT3's up to the 2015 from 2010 including the 997.2 GT3 and RS.

I love the 458 there is no hating going on at all. I just could never see myself in one... I could see myself in a second hand F12 which I don't mind - only caveat would be front Axle Lift on it. I would have to have a Porsche more specific which I can only see myself buying bespoke.

One can purchase a 458 from 2010/2011 for less than $200K and around 10K miles.
Ferrari does not release production numbers.

If your ownership experience includes concern about mileage-related depreciation, then you probably shouldn't own it in the first place. Buy to drive/enjoy, and accept that in 99.99% of cases, a car will be a depreciating asset.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:46 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Buy to drive/enjoy, and accept that in 99.99% of cases, a car will be a depreciating asset.
I guess LaFerrari is the .01%
Old 07-20-2015, 02:44 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rockitman
I guess LaFerrari is the .01%
Ha! Yeah, or maybe the 0.01% of the 0.01%! :-)
Old 07-20-2015, 02:46 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

agree with mooty. also the 458 is an old car. the gt3 isnt. i have a speciale and love it. already been offered 20k more than i paid lol.
last time i checked there was 2 speciale on ebay

Quick Reply: 103 Ferrari 458's, 23 Porsche GT3's on eBay.