CAlexio
Super User

Default 991 GT3 LWB seats...for sale

Definition of unobtanium
Old 07-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Salj
Addict
Rennlist Member

She told me she is not selling now after some consternation. Don't know what the facts are at this point.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:07 PM
CAlexio
Super User

Originally Posted by Salj View Post
She told me she is not selling now after some consternation. Don't know what the facts are at this point.
i wonder if the whole "my car will be worth less" thing affected even a true track rat?
Old 07-28-2015, 06:08 PM
Ducati1199
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Todd B View Post

I like my LWB. wife not so much...
Just catching up and interested that Todd likes his LWB's more than he likes his wife!! A man with his priorities in the right order.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:52 AM
GT63TT
User

Originally Posted by NMM991 View Post
I've already put Recaro's in my car for the track days that I do, they are actually fairly comfortable but getting the vertical height right took a couple of iterations. I have the reclining version so I can still use the rear compartment for briefcases, etc. These are a tight fit in the car side to side (not me), but my guy was able to do it -- look like they right.

I have also be in contact with Suncoast and was told that LWBs should be available through them later this Fall. No idea of pricing yet.
Sounds like you have Recaro Sportster CS. Can you please tell me who installed your set and how you like them; I'd like to learn more. For those who are interested in LWB, I am interested in selling but will only do pickup here in SoCal, for trade +13,500 cash firm

Cheers!
Old 11-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Nizer
Addict
Rennlist Member

seats were so hot the user was banned. lol.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:14 AM
RealityGT
Super User

^LOL!
Old 11-29-2016, 12:40 PM
GT63TT
User

For those who have the sofas w silver stitching I am interested in purchasing. SoCal buyer..
Old 05-16-2019, 02:21 AM
srwhitman
New User

Came across this thread - I'm thinking of selling my 991.2 GT3 LWB seats. I gather these are in hot demand; I gather that they are pricey (apparently $22K new if you can get them - and someone on Ebay is asking $31K !) and I gather I will suffer some sort of loss (unknown) if I sell the car without them.

What I'm wondering - what is it that I might be missing as to why it would be, ahem, *wrong* to sell them? Is it the Porsche purists who demand that when they buy a car that it should be "as it was built"? Of course thats desirable, but if I ever do sell, I'd guess that while it might not be as desirable (for some people), I'm certain that someone out there would buy the car with whatever seats I put into them.

The reason I'm likely to sell is that a) I find them uncomfortable for my body type (my son sits in the car and he says he loves them so go figure) and b) I need to be able to tilt the back of the seat back further. I already tried an adapter and that fixed one problem and created another. I find the seats hard to get in and out of as well.

So while I love the look (mine have grey GT3 stripe), I am just not seeing keeping them and I can frankly use the money to buy new seats, a harness, a harness bar, and the inevitable brakes and tires that I'll be chewing up on the track :-)

Scott
Old 05-16-2019, 09:39 AM
Randyc151
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Scott, If you don't like the seats, then they have to come out. If you want to sell them (market is probably closer to $15k for a reasonable sale period) then go for it. The car will probably be worth $20k less down the road, but so what. I pulled the 18-way seats out of my Turbo S immediately upon delivery and put in Cobra Misano 30th Anniversary seats with sub-strap pass through. Love'd 'em! I put the 18-ways back in the car for resale. (Acutally, I have those seats still, and could part with them...) Anyway, going into it with eyes wide open, do whatever works for you. No harm, no foul.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991 GT3 LWB seats...for sale

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: