Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Wait list

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 01:28 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

At the end of the day these are just cars that no one needs.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:40 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by oc997
I just heard from a Corporate source that there will be a second round of allocations but it will be few and will be for the VIP 918 clients who are getting a second chance to get the RS.

Looks like getting an allocation as a non VIP client is looking very slim according to my source.
Wait, so 918 owners get a car every allocation round instead of one car per make (991 GT3, RS, GT4, etc)? That seems beyond unfair.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:42 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Yes, but if they do that they lose the buzz. That buzz drives others to the brand that maybe cannot afford the halo cars but can afford the boxster or the cayman or the cayenne.... Make all the buyer wants and you lose the buzz. Market demand - 1 is the ideal goal. But in reality you can't determine what that number is until you have made too many and they sit on dealer lots and then you are offering 30k discounts and financing incentives like the new viper.

I don't agree with this crap but it is a business. Porsche has it figured out, they are the most profitable car company in the business. They have us right where they want us. Besides, what is the alternative? Play the same game with Ferrari?
Just another reason to look at a used 458 which there are plenty for sale of right now. I have my name down at 3 NON-CALIFORNIA dealers for the .2 GT cars so I won't deal with this BS going forward.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:56 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by oc997
I just heard from a Corporate source that there will be a second round of allocations but it will be few and will be for the VIP 918 clients who are getting a second chance to get the RS.

Looks like getting an allocation as a non VIP client is looking very slim according to my source.
I have heard the same thing - I guess there were 918 owners that did not have their orders/cars finalized (final order in on 918's) when the RS' were offered to the 918 VIPs. Therefore, they are offering them to these buyers and allocating extra cars to them. I am told that this is it for the RS'...all allocations have been handed out, from what I have been told. Not sure if that is accurate, but just what I have also heard.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:04 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
It's all about strategy. In the old days Porsche was the drivers car. A lot of car for the money and relatively cheap to maintain. Now I see more and more Ferrari signs...
Hype/garage queens/ talking value more than driving.
So the question is. Is it worth loosing the hard core Porsche fans and go after the Ferrari clientele?
I guess we have to wait and see...... To me it would be a lot more fun to see as many 991RS on track days. Which means making more cars and selling them to enthusiasts at MSRP.
it is still drivers car.
some of the ppl here made the car "special"...
if you put 10k miles on your 4.0, you wont be much more relaxed taking it to costco and stuff circular saw, aquarium 1/2 filled with salt water and such. i know b/c i do that.....

too many ppl worry too much.

i used to be that way too.
then realizing my knees ankles, elbows all have ti joints..... if not enjoy now, when.... and i am not that old .
Old 07-13-2015, 07:00 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rockitman
Someone should sue PCNA for RS mental duress. The only cure, buy another (perhaps more) satisfying Mark....
Originally Posted by rockitman
Hate ? Lol...I'm a huge Porsche fan. As a director on a multi national corporate board...if I was on the Porsche bd...I would fire the executive marketing team. Customer first, not accentuated profits via allocation games with their highest volume dealers.
Funny way to show that you're a "huge Porsche fan" recommending "Someone should sue PCNA".

Just commenting on your relatively incessant tirade of preferring a 458 which has become a distraction ... maybe you should spend more time over at ferrarichat.com. You'd feel very welcome.

LOT of us are accomplished professionals here ... board members, CEOs, attorneys, physicians, engineers, etc.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:31 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts
Default RS Wait list

Originally Posted by mooty
it is still drivers car.
some of the ppl here made the car "special"...
if you put 10k miles on your 4.0, you wont be much more relaxed taking it to costco and stuff circular saw, aquarium 1/2 filled with salt water and such. i know b/c i do that.....

too many ppl worry too much.

i used to be that way too.
then realizing my knees ankles, elbows all have ti joints..... if not enjoy now, when.... and i am not that old .
I agree with you that Porsche is still the drivers sports car. However there is signs of change in strategy. Seems like PAG is more aggressive in going after a new market. And I don't blame them because we all know the reason.

Personally I would love to put more miles on my cars. That together with family is what makes me happy. It's just hard when you spend 250 days in hotels and only get to see your cars 10 days of the year.
But who am I to complain, they are not going anywhere! Just have to enjoy them more in the future.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 170 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Just another reason to look at a used 458 which there are plenty for sale of right now. I have my name down at 3 NON-CALIFORNIA dealers for the .2 GT cars so I won't deal with this BS going forward.

It's starting to sound like getting into a good school. You have to apply as soon as your kids are born. Anyone with kids might want to put their name down for a 2035. That will be the last one with KERs before they all go to anti-gravity mag lev.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:52 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

You know, it'd be great to establish a relationship with a dealer but when you have the type of dealers in California and PAG playing games with allocations it makes it hard to be a loyal customer. I'm really making an effort to establish a good relationship with a few non-CA dealers but if PAG keeps playing games then I'll just do what I've done before...buy private party used GT cars and save myself the time and grief of dealing with the allocation games. I've put on name down for the .2 GT cars with those non-CA dealers so we'll see how that goes. If I get don't end up getting any allocations due to these allocation games, I'm done trying to buy a new Porsche and will just stick to buying private party used ones.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:13 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Anyone else seen the back of the latest issue of Christophorus?? That dropped in my mailbox this week and what should be on the address correction card on the back of it but the following:

Did a double take on the last sentence there... Irony of the day?? Or does this mean RS cars for all that want them?? Copy writers lacking adult supervision more like I suppose.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:36 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 170 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm not convinced that the problem is with PAG but rather with PCNA. I'm not sure if PAG gives car to individuals (even 918ers) but I think they give them to PCNA to distribute as they see fit. I also believe that when anyone says there are no more allocations they are correct as of right now, but that doesn't mean that there aren't going to be any more. It seems people forget how many times the GT3 was finished production. I believe PAG wants to build you a car.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:08 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Loess
I'm not convinced that the problem is with PAG but rather with PCNA. I'm not sure if PAG gives car to individuals (even 918ers) but I think they give them to PCNA to distribute as they see fit. I also believe that when anyone says there are no more allocations they are correct as of right now, but that doesn't mean that there aren't going to be any more. It seems people forget how many times the GT3 was finished production. I believe PAG wants to build you a car.
I hope they do want to build me a car, I got $$$ to give them if they want it.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:10 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

You took the words right out of my mouth!
Old 07-14-2015, 03:59 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 214 Posts

Just shutup and take his money.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:12 AM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

My friend just got his for 10k over. We should see it here next week

But I am on the waiting list with no hope to get one

Quick Reply: RS Wait list