Sponsored by:

RS Wait list

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 11:46 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
... give it up. We get it! You can't stand PCNA/PAG.
Glad your a proud supporter of allocation BS and fake hype.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:53 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

You are wearing out the 458 thing a bit. Ferrari is even worse on transparency. I have purchased 4 of them and I can't get an allocation for anything for several years.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:59 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by carcommander
You are wearing out the 458 thing a bit. Ferrari is even worse on transparency.
I understand your point. I realize that if I wanted a 488, it would be a 3 year wait...Ferrari chum I am....Fortunately I am a 458 fan which has been out for years. I have bought 7 Porsche's since 2003. I'm not blaming my dealer. In the end, the Ferrari is a much more enjoyable car than a 911 could ever be for my driving lifestyle.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:11 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
Someone should sue PCNA for RS mental duress. The only cure, buy another (perhaps more) satisfying Mark....
LMOA! But its true!!
Old 07-13-2015, 12:59 AM
JRCNRING
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Good topic, I also want to get an RS but as many of you have stated it might be a very slim chance to get one, even harder to get one at msrp.

My current Gt3 makes me happy, and my challenge stradale also fills in the Ferrari gap. I could possibly look into a Speciale, but I'm not that eager to pull the trigger. I have also entertained the option of getting a Mclaren if the RS is not in my future.

I do believe it to be a bit frustrating the way PCNA allocates the cars.
Any ways I will be patient on this waiting game.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:11 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
The question is how much over will they be?
Not over. Msrp or below.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Plenty will be flipped the next 12 months.
Yup

Just look at rs and gt prices for all others over time exceptions is the manuals have shot up. That won't happen with 991. Well. Maybe if 991.2 is turbo it will. But next will be latest and greatest just like before. New comes out, old go down.

I'll be looking for a 991 rs stripper once the .2 come out and people start jumping to the next thing.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:15 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

burp....deleted.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:45 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
... give it up. We get it! You can't stand PCNA/PAG.
Hate ? Lol...I'm a huge Porsche fan. As a director on a multi national corporate board...if I was on the Porsche bd...I would fire the executive marketing team. Customer first, not accentuated profits via allocation games with their highest volume dealers.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:04 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Hate ? Lol...I'm a huge Porsche fan. As a director on a multi national corporate board...if I was on the Porsche bd...I would fire the executive marketing team. Customer first, not accentuated profits via allocation games with their highest volume dealers.
I'd give them all raises. This is by design. It's buzz. The silence is deafening. But what happens? There is a frenzy to get the cars. Lines. Wait lists. Internet chatter. No info to the dealer network contains the buzz.

This is exactly how Porsche wants it. Other than Ferrari or the odd boutique maker what car maker sells out of complete runs of cars before they are made???

Exactly.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:18 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I'd give them all raises. This is by design. It's buzz. The silence is deafening. But what happens? There is a frenzy to get the cars. Lines. Wait lists. Internet chatter. No info to the dealer network contains the buzz.

This is exactly how Porsche wants it. Other than Ferrari or the odd boutique maker what car maker sells out of complete runs of cars before they are made???

Exactly.
Volkswagen was known as the people's car...as such, they should build all the RS's needed to meet demand. PAG wins...***** the dealers with their markup games derived from low production numbers.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:11 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

I understand your point. I realize that if I wanted a 488, it would be a 3 year wait...Ferrari chum I am....Fortunately I am a 458 fan which has been out for years. I have bought 7 Porsche's since 2003. I'm not blaming my dealer. In the end, the Ferrari is a much more enjoyable car than a 911 could ever be for my driving lifestyle.
I thought the same thing a few years ago..when my 458 was new.

Over time - it got annoying, and I grabbed the gt3 keys more and more often.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:17 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
I thought the same thing a few years ago..when my 458 was new.

Over time - it got annoying, and I grabbed the gt3 keys more and more often.
Yep.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:51 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts
Default RS Wait list

It's all about strategy. In the old days Porsche was the drivers car. A lot of car for the money and relatively cheap to maintain. Now I see more and more Ferrari signs...
Hype/garage queens/ talking value more than driving.
So the question is. Is it worth loosing the hard core Porsche fans and go after the Ferrari clientele?
I guess we have to wait and see...... To me it would be a lot more fun to see as many 991RS on track days. Which means making more cars and selling them to enthusiasts at MSRP.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Volkswagen was known as the people's car...as such, they should build all the RS's needed to meet demand. PAG wins...***** the dealers with their markup games derived from low production numbers.
Yes, but if they do that they lose the buzz. That buzz drives others to the brand that maybe cannot afford the halo cars but can afford the boxster or the cayman or the cayenne.... Make all the buyer wants and you lose the buzz. Market demand - 1 is the ideal goal. But in reality you can't determine what that number is until you have made too many and they sit on dealer lots and then you are offering 30k discounts and financing incentives like the new viper.

I don't agree with this crap but it is a business. Porsche has it figured out, they are the most profitable car company in the business. They have us right where they want us. Besides, what is the alternative? Play the same game with Ferrari?
Old 07-13-2015, 11:24 AM
oc997
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just heard from a Corporate source that there will be a second round of allocations but it will be few and will be for the VIP 918 clients who are getting a second chance to get the RS.

Looks like getting an allocation as a non VIP client is looking very slim according to my source.

Quick Reply: RS Wait list