Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amazing day at Lime Rock today. Car was a beast.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 243 Posts

Only two days so far. No deterioration at all yet. I had a 50th Anniversary with standard brakes before this car. I only got one track day in it, but my pedal softened up a great deal during that one day. Comparing to that, I think the PCCB's are pretty remarkable. The firmness of the pedal and bite is amazing, and I love how they get better as they warm.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:44 AM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GianiCakes
Will be there in 8 days time. Yeah!
That run off area looks like it should suffice..
Awesome! Enjoy it!
Old 07-12-2015, 10:16 AM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
Awesome! Enjoy it!
I was at Lime Rock yesterday as well, the GT Silver car. Saw you on the track a few times but never got over to introduce myself. Hope to see you back there at another event.

I also run PCCBs and I have had 8 tracks days on them so far - the dealer checked them with the electronic tester after 6 events (four days at Sebring with some major braking zones and 2 at Lime Rock) and they showed almost no wear. You cannot see the wear or measure it with a micrometer. The pads measured 10.5 mm (new is 12 mm as I recall). I can provide the tech sheets on how to measure the PCCBs if anyone is interested.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:51 AM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The last two days at LRP were run by CVR PCA and it was a muffled event. The sound limit is 88db but CVR is allowed a bit higher. You will not have any problem with street cars pass a sound check.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:10 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts
Default Amazing day at Lime Rock today. Car was a beast.

Originally Posted by fstockcarrera
The last two days at LRP were run by CVR PCA and it was a muffled event. The sound limit is 88db but CVR is allowed a bit higher. You will not have any problem with street cars pass a sound check.
How would a stock GT3 that is over 90 dB at full throttle pass an 88 dB limit?
Old 07-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NMM991
I was at Lime Rock yesterday as well, the GT Silver car. Saw you on the track a few times but never got over to introduce myself. Hope to see you back there at another event.

I also run PCCBs and I have had 8 tracks days on them so far - the dealer checked them with the electronic tester after 6 events (four days at Sebring with some major braking zones and 2 at Lime Rock) and they showed almost no wear. You cannot see the wear or measure it with a micrometer. The pads measured 10.5 mm (new is 12 mm as I recall). I can provide the tech sheets on how to measure the PCCBs if anyone is interested.
Good to see you on here. Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet yesterday. I was admiring your car. You put race seats in correct? Or am I thinking of another car?
Hope to make it back in August or September, I look forward to meeting you then if you happen to attend those events.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:56 PM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
Good to see you on here. Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet yesterday. I was admiring your car. You put race seats in correct? Or am I thinking of another car?
Hope to make it back in August or September, I look forward to meeting you then if you happen to attend those events.
Chris - that was my car, just sent you a private message. See you next time we are both at Lime Rock.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:32 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
How would a stock GT3 that is over 90 dB at full throttle pass an 88 dB limit?
It is rare that a stock car gets black flagged for sound at LRP. If you worried have a set of turn downs made. I never had my cup black flagged with and without turn downs. Its that sound is more of a problem in the spring when it's less humid and there is no foliage on the trees. But I'm not a sound expert . I've been driving LRP for 20+ years and the stock street cars are very rarely black flagged.

Quick Reply: Amazing day at Lime Rock today. Car was a beast.