Sponsored by:

2015 GT3 in Arena Red

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 02:41 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Zach Martin, is that you masquerading under a new handle?

Sportscentury is getting suspicious...and can you blame him? First post and a photo with license plates that look 'Washingtonian'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Interesting to see the original post has now been edited.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:42 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by GrantG
I love Arena Red, but somehow I like it most on a 993 (just like I associate Maritime Blue with 964RS).
Agree.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Ok, let's all play this game...

Interesting! Maybe Eduardo can make a guess at that one...
Originally Posted by sportscentury
It's ARM.
Interesting to see the original post has now been edited.
Yes, only a few of us (like my friend Sportscentury) are playing this game here with Zach. Or is it the other way around?

I wondered in an earlier post if Zach was masquerading as the OP and trying to hype the 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 that the dealership he works for has for sale. Previously, the Rennlist moderator(s) has deleted Zach Martin's threads because neither he nor his dealership are a Rennlist sponsor. So when I mentioned that the license plates in the original photo appeared to show State of Washington ID, the OP decided to delete the photo to remove evidence! We report...you decide!

Originally Posted by seapar
Saw this in person. Kind of a muted red-orange color IMO.
Seapar: If you remember the original photo the OP posted, do you recognized that as a dealership where you saw this ARM gt3 'in person'? Don't mention the name of the dealership or its location. We know exactly where it is and what they have been asking for it...but no need to give them the free publicity. Just tell us if you recognized the parking lot from the original OP's photo. Thanks.

Warning: This thread might soon vanish if the moderators decide to teach Zach (yet another) lesson...

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-08-2015, 04:39 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,708 Likes on 2,685 Posts

It's ARM.
Oh, the lighting in the later photos make it look different than the original shots. Though it was 2 different cars/colors...
Old 07-08-2015, 04:44 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eduardo
I did not recognize that parking lot or even see the "clue" you gave about the license plates. I deleted my pictures because too big; attached directly from my phone. Slowly cooling off up here BTW; maybe 70's this weekend.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:59 PM
FORENN
Banned

Yes, only a few of us (like my friend Sportscentury) are playing this game here with Zach. Or is it the other way around?

I wondered in an earlier post if Zach was masquerading as the OP and trying to hype the 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 that the dealership he works for has for sale. Previously, the Rennlist moderator(s) has deleted Zach Martin's threads because neither he nor his dealership are a Rennlist sponsor. So when I mentioned that the license plates in the original photo appeared to show State of Washington ID, the OP decided to delete the photo to remove evidence! We report...you decide!
No game-playing on my end (don't have the time or interest), but I have noticed Zach has been more successful in having his RL threads and posts removed by the Mods than he has in collecting the $10k premium.

Oh, the lighting in the later photos make it look different than the original shots. Though it was 2 different cars/colors...
Completely understandable.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by seapar
Eduardo
I did not recognize that parking lot or even see the "clue" you gave about the license plates. I deleted my pictures because too big; attached directly from my phone. Slowly cooling off up here BTW; maybe 70's this weekend.
No problem. Yes, I was cooking there during my recent stay in S and the Hood Canal!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-10-2015, 12:42 AM
GT3(991)
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, my friend picked up his car today, here's a pic of it just before he took it out for his first test drive. Yes! its a dealer in Washington state and I don't know the specifics of how much he paid for it exactly and it's really none of my business. It's such a cool car

Old 07-10-2015, 12:51 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GT3(991)
Well, my friend picked up his car today, here's a pic of it just before he took it out for his first test drive. Yes! its a dealer in Washington state and I don't know the specifics of how much he paid for it exactly and it's really none of my business. It's such a cool car

Thanks for the update Zach!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-10-2015, 01:24 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3(991)

Larson was asking 10k over MSRP when they received their allocation. I wonder if they were able to get your friend to pay the premium or not.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:49 AM
GT3(991)
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Why do you insist on calling me Zach, at first I thought this board was kind of cool, but I'm beginning to think there are some jerks on this site. Anyways! I thought you guys would enjoy seeing this car in this color, but some of the responses are a little disrespectful and strange. Anyways, my friend is proud as Hell with this Car and I think it looks awesome, so I'll just find another board that has members that don't act this way.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:06 AM
FORENN
Banned

Thanks for the update Zach!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
lol
Old 07-10-2015, 09:31 AM
fsts2k
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Been a lurker on here as I try to figure out if I am going to buy one of these cars. That said, the Porsche Exchange in Highland Park called me and offered an Arena Red car for ~156k. I don't know the options nor looked at it as I am not interested in the color but thought someone here might be.

Kevin
Old 07-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fsts2k
Been a lurker on here as I try to figure out if I am going to buy one of these cars. That said, the Porsche Exchange in Highland Park called me and offered an Arena Red car for ~156k. I don't know the options nor looked at it as I am not interested in the color but thought someone here might be.
Thank you Kevin. The MSRP, with Guzzler & Destination is $155,025, so at approx. $156K The Porsche Exchange would not be asking for much of a mark-up!

Arena Red Metallic gt3

Core Base Standard & Options
4-way Sport Plus Seats,
Extended Range Fuel Tank (082)
Seat Heating (342)
Front Axle Lift (474)
Sound Package Plus (490)
LED Headlights (602 or XEY)
Sport Chrono (643)
Sirius/XM/HD Radio (690)
Floor Mats (810)
Auto Dimming Mirrors/Rain Sensor (P13)
PCM w. Navigation (P23)
Ornamental Porsche Crest (ZAB)

Besides 'Core Base' above, it comes with:

Black/Alcantara Leather Interior, Guards Red stitching (068)
Smoking Package (583)
Light Design Package (630)
Leather Interior Package wit Decorative Red Stitching (749)

MSRP for the 'Arena Red Metallic' Spec is $153,030.
Destination & guzzler tax 1,995.
Total $155,025

Post #44
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-gt3s-3.html

We reported as early as 3/22/2015 that 'Porsche Exchange' would be getting an 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 as part of the 30 PTS late allocations:

'Arena Red Metallic'
Confirmed
1) Porsche of Tacoma (WA) Available. (Asking $10K over MSRP)
2) Porsche of Omaha - (Available as of Sat. March 21st! Sold to Rennlister who then backed out due to lack of LWB)
3) Porsche of Conshohoken - (Sold at MSRP to Rennlister).
4) Porsche Exchange - (Available as of two days ago. Were asking MSRP)
5) Porsche of Beverly Hills (Available as of a few days ago).

Post #51
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-gt3s-4.html

I am surprised it didn't sell & it might still be available. Thanks again for the heads up!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-10-2015, 11:46 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Apparently The Porsche Exchange wants $20K over MSRP for the ARM gt3...

The plot thickens at The Porsche Exchange...from an exchange we had at the other thread re: the 30 PTS gt3s:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...y-gt3s-58.html

Originally Posted by biglare
Eduardo...
Just found a ARM GT3 in yesterday at the dealer in Chicago area. They are asking $30K over sticker on this one.

http://4porsche.com/new/Porsche/911+...72560/info.php

The Porsche Exchange
2015 Premier Porsche Dealer
2366 Skokie Valley Rd.
Highland Park, IL 60035

Additional Equipment
082 - Extended Range Fuel Tank
24931 - Exterior Paint to Sample
342 - Seat heating (front)
474 - Front axle lift system
490 - Sound Package Plus
583 - Smoking package
602 - LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
630 - Light Design Package
643 - Sport Chrono Package incl. Porsche Track Precision App
68 - Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara® with Stitching in Guards Red
690 - SiriusXM® Satellite Radio & HD Radio Receiver
749 - Leather interior package with decorative Red stitching
789 - Code for exterior color to sample
810 - Floor Mats
99 - Exterior Paint to Sample, Metallic
CXC - Personalized Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated
P13 - Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
P23 - Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. navigation module
XES - Preparation door-sill guards, illuminated
ZAB - Ornamental Porsche Crest

I guess you can update your list with this ARM GT3 now that we now where it is. I'm still not willing to pay $30k over sticker.

Originally Posted by fsts2k

Kevin
Posted earlier on this thread!

That is interesting information on the $30K over sticker, biglare! Because we got conflicting information just TODAY on the asking price at The Porsche Exchange from fsts2k at this other thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ena-red-2.html

As far as updating our records, we have known that 'The Porsche Exchange' was getting this allocation as far back as 3/20/2015 and we posted here on 3/22/2015. What is news is that this 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 was not sold and now they are asking $30K over sticker!
Sorry, I must be confused. The Salesman said that it just arrived yesterday.

Email from the Salesman
Thank you for giving the Porsche Exchange an opportunity to earn your business. ..... The Porsche Exchange is the exclusive Premier Porsche Dealership in the Chicago region and the largest in the Midwest! I received your inquiry on a Porsche 911 GT3. Did you have any questions about the GT3? I do have an available Arena Red GT3 that just arrived yesterday! Did you have some time to stop in and check it out soon?

We are looking for $30K over MSRP for this GT3 so I’m not sure if that eliminates this GT3 from consideration.

Oh well, at any rate still too crazy for me.

Thanks for you help too!
To clarify the confusion. The actual allocations to the dealers who were going to received these special 30 PTS gt3s were handed out sometime in January (2015). We heard about it in early March and broke the story here on Rennlist on this thread. We identified on March 22nd, via one of our Rennlist member that provided that information, 'The Porsche Exchange' as one of the dealers that would be receiving (after it was built & shipped over) an 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3. And it was followed up with this on March 24th:

The ARM gt3s were actually built sometime in March or April. The ARM gt3s started arriving recently at the dealerships that were awarded by PAG/PCNA the special allocations. So it's not surprising this car arrived in the Chicago yesterday. It was probably on the same boat as hlee1169's ARM gt3. That one also recently arrived at Porsche of Omaha.

Thanks for the follow up on the $30K over MSRP which Porsche Exchange is asking.
Just got a correction email from the Salesman, he said it is actually $20k over and not $30k over sticker.

Email from Salesman
I hit a “3” instead of a “2”. It’s actually $20K over

Quick Reply: 2015 GT3 in Arena Red