Sponsored by:

Does anybody know if adaptive sport seats from a

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 02:05 PM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Does anybody know if adaptive sport seats from a

2014 Cayman S will bolt in a 2015 GT3 and have all electrical function working?

I'm thinking about taking out my light weight buckets and replacing with these.

I'd rather put in a set of the 18-way sofas from a 991 GT3 but the idea of swapping with someone plus $$$ is probably not great for resale.

I'd like to keep my buckets for when I sell the car and replace them with something more daily driving friendly.

Does anybody know if these will work?

I realize they will not have the GT3 logo embroidered and no stitching.

Or, does anybody want to sell their sofas outright?

Last edited by jasonfreed; 07-04-2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: left something out
Old 07-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Awdnut
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi,

I am assuming that you are planning to do this swap because the LWB is uncomfortable? Maybe there are other reason as well but if the reason is because the LWB makes your lower back hurts, you might want to try a good lumbar support pillow.

When I took delivery of my 918, every drive in it eventually makes my back hurts because the upright position of the seat and the lack of lumbar support for my lower back.

I bought this memory foam pillow from Amazon.com

Amazon.com: Love Home Memory Foam 3D Ventilative Mesh Lumbar Support Cushion/ Back Cushion / Support Cushion helps the lumbar and sacral region of the spinal column & helps promote good posture while sitting- Excellent for home, office, car and wheelchairs- Size: 13.4''*12.6''*4''(camel): Health & Personal Care Amazon.com: Love Home Memory Foam 3D Ventilative Mesh Lumbar Support Cushion/ Back Cushion / Support Cushion helps the lumbar and sacral region of the spinal column & helps promote good posture while sitting- Excellent for home, office, car and wheelchairs- Size: 13.4''*12.6''*4''(camel): Health & Personal Care

I got the black one and now I have no problem at all driving long distance sitting in the LWB. It might look funny but it works for me :-)

Hope this helps
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2015, 07:47 PM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Awdnut
Hi,

I am assuming that you are planning to do this swap because the LWB is uncomfortable? Maybe there are other reason as well but if the reason is because the LWB makes your lower back hurts, you might want to try a good lumbar support pillow.

When I took delivery of my 918, every drive in it eventually makes my back hurts because the upright position of the seat and the lack of lumbar support for my lower back.

I bought this memory foam pillow from Amazon.com

Amazon.com: Love Home Memory Foam 3D Ventilative Mesh Lumbar Support Cushion/ Back Cushion / Support Cushion helps the lumbar and sacral region of the spinal column & helps promote good posture while sitting- Excellent for home, office, car and wheelchairs- Size: 13.4''*12.6''*4''(camel): Health & Personal Care

I got the black one and now I have no problem at all driving long distance sitting in the LWB. It might look funny but it works for me :-)

Hope this helps
Thanks for the advice.

My reasoning for considering the swap is mainly comfort. When I bought the car, I planned to use the LWB as seats for the track.

After taking delivery, I realized I'm too small for the seat to be a really good track option. So, I'm running a Recaro halo seat.

If I'm going to need to take my daily driving seat in and out for track weekends, might as well have the most comfortable seat possible for daily driving.

I have no need for the bucket for daily driving - figured I'd compromise and live with it so I didn't need to swap seats for track days - that is, until I realized the seat is too big for me to be an effective track seat.

I might try your idea - it would certainly be cheaper
Old 07-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Ma991
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is another option that has been recommended on this forum:

Amazon.com: BackCycler Passive Motion Lumbar Support - BackCycler Passive Motion Lumbar Support - RET-BC-1000A: Health & Personal Care Amazon.com: BackCycler Passive Motion Lumbar Support - BackCycler Passive Motion Lumbar Support - RET-BC-1000A: Health & Personal Care

Quick Reply: Does anybody know if adaptive sport seats from a