Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

why not ask for clubblau?
Old 07-03-2015, 09:54 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raysmd
because it is not the same as Coppa Florio blue?
Old 07-03-2015, 10:25 PM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my heart is broken - she said no

RIP Coppa Florio
Old 07-03-2015, 11:02 PM
IvanBurns
Instructor

Originally Posted by anonymous918

would have been such an awesome color for my GT3 RS or GT4
So sorry to hear of your setback.

Can I have your allocations?
Old 07-04-2015, 12:29 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Coppa Florio Blau...

would have been such an awesome color for my GT3 RS or GT4
Originally Posted by raysmd
because it is not the same as Coppa Florio blue?
True Dat...

'Coppa Florio Blau', color code 360 in case some folks don't know, was a PTS color used by 'Porsche Exclusive'
on a special & unique 993 gt2 done back in 1996 which is still remembered by some of us:

It was used even earlier in the 1970's on some PTS 911's. However, it's consider one of the rare colors
since most people never heard of it...much less requested the color often from Porsche or anyone else!

'Coppa Florio' is not to be confused with the famous 'Targa Florio', except they were created by the same man - Vincenzo Florio.
This Sicilian aristocrat, born in 1883, was an early enthusiast for the automobile. In 1904 he organized a race between Brescia,
Cremona, Mantova and back to Brescia. The race was called the 'Coppa Florio' and was won by Vincenzo Lancia at the wheel
of his Fiat. Vincenzo Florio himself took part in the race, driving a Mercedes. He finished third. The last 'Coppa Florio' took place
in 1929. In any case, the colors of the 'Coppa Florio' races were supposedly 'Gold & Light Blue'...hence the inspiration for the
PTS color 'Coppa Florio Blau'!

But enough of the history. I have some questions for Anonymous:

a) Where you the actual customer that requested 'Coppa Florio Blau' on the 991/981 and in whose name the feasibility study was performed?

b) Did you asked them that if instead of buying two (2) 918 Spyders you would have sprung for a third (3)....could they have gone ahead
and approved that damn color for you! I mean - wasn't buying two 918s enough to give you some clout at 'Porsche Exclusive'? VIPs today
are not what they used to be!

c) Have you considered 'Gulf Blau' or 'Aetna Blau'?

And remember that 'Meissen Blau' might be approved soon. They are all 'Variations on a Theme', to paraphrase the work of Johannes Brahms
based on the original music of Niccolò Paganini!

my heart is broken - she said no
She? Since when is Porsche, this ballsy Teutonic Juggernaut of an organization, referred to as a female? Are you sure it was not 'HE' who said "NEIN'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-04-2015, 02:24 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even Subaru has an amazing blue with matching interior stitching!
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/01/2...ted-special-e/
Old 07-04-2015, 03:07 AM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
And remember that 'Meissen Blau' might be approved soon. They are all 'Variations on a Theme', to paraphrase the work of Johannes Brahms

Eduardo,
Should have known you are/were a classical musician!
Old 07-04-2015, 08:05 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

True Dat...

'Coppa Florio Blau', color code 360 in case some folks don't know, was a PTS color used by 'Porsche Exclusive'
on a special & unique 993 gt2 done back in 1996 which is still remembered by some of us:
i had a chance to buy this car recently. if it wasn't for the red interior, I would in a heartbeat.

But enough of the history. I have some questions for Anonymous:

a) Where you the actual customer that requested 'Coppa Florio Blau' on the 991/981 and in whose name the feasibility study was performed?
Yes, I did request Coppa Florio Blau recently, but I have no idea if I was the only one or if somebody requested months before me. How long does feasibility study usually take?

b) Did you asked them that if instead of buying two (2) 918 Spyders you would have sprung for a third (3)....could they have gone ahead and approved that damn color for you! I mean - wasn't buying two 918s enough to give you some clout at 'Porsche Exclusive'? VIPs today
are not what they used to be!
haha exactly... you see, I already paid for the 918s. Porsche already took my money. they can now treat me just like a regular customer

but I can try and appeal and see if they can re-consider denying this color.

c) Have you considered 'Gulf Blau' or 'Aetna Blau'?

yeah -- I already got my GT3RS getting built in Gulf Blue -- that was my Coppa Florio backup color all along. Hopefully Meissen Blaue is approved -- I want that color for my GT4...
Old 07-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Bandit201
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coppa Florio is STUNNING! And shame on PAG for not helping out a true Porsche guy.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:27 PM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

I think I found a loophole for you Anonymous...

order the car in white, then before it even leaves the factory grounds, have it immediately sent to Porsche Classic, the Porsche Factory Restoration facility. This is the same facility within Porsche that has restored some of the best cars to ever come out of Zuffenhausen. Including some of Jerry Seinfeld's cars. Yes, the car will be painted a different color than on the VIN, but who cares, you're still getting the color that YOU want. Also, it'll be documented that the color was changed before the car was ever delivered, you could even have them document it by taking pictures of the disassembly, painting and reassembly. It wont reflect poorly upon resale, infact quite the contrary, because of the extremes you went to, to get the color you wanted, and the documentation following it, it could end up being the most highly sought after RS if ever put onto the market for resale. See, I just found you a loop hole, go get it! If it works, I'll take a simple GT3 for giving you the idea. Think of it as a finder's fee lol. I'm local to you, so it should be easy to arrange. I knew I'd figure out a way to finally get myself a GT3

http://www.porsche.com/international...c/restoration/

Old 07-05-2015, 01:19 AM
mainly
Racer

Old 07-06-2015, 06:59 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, I did request Coppa Florio Blau recently, but I have no idea if I was the only one or if somebody requested months before me. How long does feasibility study usually take?
~9 months. (Though, sometimes up to 18 months depending on when it was requested.)
Old 07-06-2015, 07:00 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Really too bad they rejected this one. Agreed that it would've been epic on a 991 GT3 RS.

Quick Reply: my heart is broken - she said no