Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Auto Insurance?

Old 07-03-2015, 02:59 PM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reuben991
Has anyone had good/bad experiences with Chubb?
I have no experience with Chubb but had them quote my home/auto/umbrella; they were 29% higher than PURE and about 32% higher than State Farm for comparable deductibles and coverage.

I queried the agent "what do I get for the Chubb premium" and was told that Chubb is a stronger/international company that specializes in unusually high risk exposure in the personal insurance marketplace -- for example, the very expensive home in an area exposed to high winds and hurricanes. Their prices need to be higher in that market but they don't adjust pricing for more "middle market" coverage with normal environmental or other risks.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:17 PM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 52 Posts

I use ACE and they have been fantastic
Old 07-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

USAA has the most personalized customer service you will find.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:46 PM
jjinwood1
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Liberty Mutual had the far better rates with the same (or better) coverages. No claims experience though. Went with them. Had to leave my prior carrier since they wouldn't cover my GT3 based upon the replacement value. Not unusual I guess. No tickets, claims, etc. Kind of a hassle since I had to switch other cars and home as well.....
Old 07-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ACE is top notch and so is Chubb. Write for both.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Green_Hornet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The test of an insurance company is how they act when there's a serious problem. For me CHUBB is the best. Head and shoulders above the others.
Plus - you can set the value of your vehicle and not use their off the shelf value.

I read yesterday that Chubb and Ace may be merging.

Last edited by Green_Hornet; 07-04-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Green_Hornet
The test of an insurance company is how they act when there's a serious problem. For me CHUBB is the best. Head and shoulders above the others.
Plus - you can set the value of your and not use their off the shelf value.

I read yesterday that Chubb and Ace may be merging.
They are assuming they get regulatory approval.

I would have recommended Travelers because up to June of this year they were provided coverage for track incidents. They changed their language to exclude track work this year.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:17 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I would have recommended Travelers because up to June of this year they were provided coverage for track incidents. They changed their language to exclude track work this year.
Maybe in your state. I've used them for years and they never covered any kind of track stuff in my state. Verify by reading policy fine print as well as discussing with agent. They are the cheapest for Porsche's in my zip when compared to others.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:29 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
I'm getting the run-around from Geico on a glass/windshield claim on my MB and am starting to think of switching. Who do you guys use for your GT3 and other luxury cars? And would you recommend them? Thank you.
I think it might be preferable to keep 'standard' car insurance company for your 'daily driver' and then insure your 'collectibles' with a specialty insurance company. I use 'Allstate' for the 'dd' and Chubb Collector Car Insurance for the rest. I have had excellent experience with Chubb. Their collector insurance business is based in New Jersey. PM me if interested and I will refer you to my agent there:

Chubb Collector Car Insurance
202 Hall's Mill Road | Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-04-2015, 03:46 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by reuben991
Has anyone had good/bad experiences with Chubb?
I have Chubb for homeowners, my classic Porsches, and Umbrella and valuable policy. Chubb is fantastic, but the most expensive for sure....Agreed value on everything, inflation protection, great agents. Just be prepared to pay for the service, peace of mind, etc.

I use Geico for my 3 daily drivers, including the GT3. GREAT rates, no issues...yet....
Old 07-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use Allstate. When I had my GT3 it was about $1170 per year. You have be prepared to shop around though. I used to be with State Farm, but called Allstate based on an advertisement they had and the premium for all my cars was literally half what I was paying with State Farm. Rates in NC, where I am from, are generally some of the lowest in the country, so that helps.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:52 PM
woodrow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JOHN HERE IN NEVADA , I HAVE BEEN WITH AMERICAN FAMILY (BUNDLE) HOME ,MOTORCYCLE'S , RENTALS, CAR'S, WORKERS COMP FOR EMPLOYEES, HAD A FEW CLAIMS TOTALED ONE HARLEY ROAD GLIDE -HIT A DEER- 2 SNOWMOBILES -A COUPLE WIND PAINT DAMAGE CLAIMS THEY PAID AND WERE SPOT ON. JUST INSURED MY NEW GTS $88 PER MONTH NO TICKETS BARLEY OVER 50 DISCOUNT LIFE IS GOOD , I PLAN ON TRACKING MY CAR A COUPLE TIMES NEED TO PRE CHECK IF IM COVERED....CHEERS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Auto Insurance?