Sponsored by:

GT3 and GT3 RS side by side

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 09:40 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Dated are you serious this is the best looking GT3 that has come off the line, and the interiors are actually from the Panamera vs. the old with the E brake in the center which was not too good looking. We all have personal taste but I think your perceptions are in the minority. Also low interest rates most GT3 owners actually cut a check vs. finance its not a primary car with 80% being tracked so I doubt rates have anything to do with it.
I only said the taillights were starting to be a bit dated and was referring to low-interest rates in terms of market returns in bonds vs low-interest rates in financing. Obviously most of the people buying the GT3 are lenders; not "lendees" although I took a 1.9% loan on my 991 and kept my money invested which was a good decision (until the market crashes and it's not). Porsches have become a commodity like owning a brick of gold.

...and actually I don't think any of my opinions are in the minority outside people who own a GT3 and are defending their investment. It seems a lot of people share similar views on the 991 GT3 wing. The sport design front end isn't widely praised anywhere. Others seem to agree on the standard wing looking "boy-racer." In fact, the majority of people who've praised the GT3 seem to rarely mention the way it looks and instead focus on the way it drives. Like you said -- 80% of them are tracking the car so they clearly didn't buy it just to look pretty.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
I only said the taillights were starting to be a bit dated and was referring to low-interest rates in terms of market returns in bonds vs low-interest rates in financing. Obviously most of the people buying the GT3 are lenders; not "lendees" although I took a 1.9% loan on my 991 and kept my money invested which was a good decision (until the market crashes and it's not). Porsches have become a commodity like owning a brick of gold.
Got it. I think the tail lights/rear is the sexy part of the car Mine is a long term keeper as I enjoy driving it, and the RS will only make it to my garage at MSRP as I told my dealer I have a philosophical opinion not to make them unjustly enriched. Happy 4th
Old 07-03-2015, 09:58 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Got it. I think the tail lights/rear is the sexy part of the car Mine is a long term keeper as I enjoy driving it, and the RS will only make it to my garage at MSRP as I told my dealer I have a philosophical opinion not to make them unjustly enriched. Happy 4th
Fair enough. For similar money one can buy a perfect 458 in Europe so maybe I'm unfairly judging what I'd call the "boy-racer" looks of the GT3 wing and the interior with 800 plastic buttons based on that.

I used to be opposed to paying over MSRP but the run-up in values of the GT cars in the used market has changed my opinion. Why should Joe be able to enrich himself while the dealer takes the shaft on getting stuck with hard to sell base Boxsters, Caymans, and 911's.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
I used to be opposed to paying over MSRP but the run-up in values of the GT cars in the used market has changed my opinion. Why should Joe be able to enrich himself while the dealer takes the shaft on getting stuck with hard to sell base Boxsters, Caymans, and 911's.
I agree - I do not fault dealers for selling at what the market will bear. If somebody is willing to pay more than I am, so be it. If Porsche doesn't like it, they should build more cars so that supply meets demand closer to MSRP.

I find it very strange that so many here lambaste dealers, yet have no problem selling cars/houses/stocks etc. for a profit, and maximizing profits of their own companies that enable them to purchase a $150-200k car in the first place.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Point validated on RS resale. Just a risk how much you want to pay over, I buy for enjoyment and not to make a profit. With that said I don't want to take a bath either like on the Mac's.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...e/911--gt3--rs
Old 07-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
I agree - I do not fault dealers for selling at what the market will bear. If somebody is willing to pay more than I am, so be it. If Porsche doesn't like it, they should build more cars so that supply meets demand closer to MSRP.

I find it very strange that so many here lambaste dealers, yet have no problem selling cars/houses/stocks etc. for a profit, and maximizing profits of their own companies that enable them to purchase a $150-200k car in the first place.
When I buy or trade stock it's the same unit price, and I don't have to wait in line to give them my money. I agree they should be able to sell for whatever they choose too, and let the wallets make the market. We're all saying the same thing to a certain degree.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

When I buy or trade stock it's the same unit price, and I don't have to wait in line to give them my money. I agree they should be able to sell for whatever they choose too, and let the wallets make the market. We're all saying the same thing to a certain degree.
If you want to pay less than market value, you absolutely have to wait in line. Put a buy order in for AAPL at $75, and you will be waiting for everybody willing to pay more to make their purchases first. Put a buy order in at $130, and you will have your shares today.

But, yes, I believe we are saying the same thing. Pricing is a function of supply and demand.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Badknees
Thanks for sharing. Now, if there would only be some more allocations...

Quick Reply: GT3 and GT3 RS side by side