Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 and GT3 RS side by side

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:05 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The side intakes are indicative of the GT3's future...that is sadly turbo charging...call me GT2.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:23 PM
pmpsch
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hulk transformation stages

The best analogy I could find:

- Bruce Banner is the regular 911 Carrera. Nice flowing lines or at least in line with what we expect when seeing a human. Some of us refer here to purity of the lines/design (not that Bruce himself is good looking )

- Half way through his transformation: Bruce is barely turning green. Still looks human but is not yet the Hulk. For many the GT3 retains the purity of the lines of the Carrera. But can also be seen as a wanna-be racer/ricer should I say. With its teeny weeny wing popping up timidly. Incomplete. To me the wing looks sillier in the GT3 than on the RS. It is like seeing a Corolla with those after market huge wings (only talking about visuals here. We all know the GT3 is very potent)

- The RS, on the other hand, is what it IS supposed to look like and be. What deep inside we all WANT...a mean RACING machine. Remember how many of us moaned when the RS4.0 did not look enough like the RSR? Enthusiast's ultimate desire is to drive a race car full stop....not just on the track or on the road etc...Ferrari's can do without a wing? great but their racing cars have wings.

Rant over
Old 07-02-2015, 11:28 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

The one on the left is for people who want to drive on the street with a wing with occasional track days. It is also the one for people who can't get the one on the right.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:34 PM
Sarum87
Instructor

laughs. Kyrocks nailed it. Must admit i thought the RS was a bit over the top for my taste, but I only use my GT3 for track days. I've done 3 track days so far in my GT3 and it's awesome but after seeing the improvements designed into the RS (rear tires, much more downforce, a tad more power, etc...) and reading all the reviews I'm dying to get my hands on an RS. It will be a long journey but hopefully the day will come. I just called my dealer to see if I can get on the "list." how sad it that.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:49 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LAGinz
I think the function idea behind the turbo intakes is correct. Just wished Porsche had styled them a little differently on the RS to avoid that parts bin look.
Agree, prefer RSR rear fender intakes in terms of esthetics. But definitely want the intakes for the RAM intake effect at speed.

Originally Posted by Superman32
RS looks more aggressive. Love the wing,hood and roofline
Increased flare to the rear wheel wells also adds presence ...

Its primarily the performance that should be motive to buy the RS. If your into a 991 GT3 for its great looks you should buy the base GT3. It's a great car.

The GT3 shown appears to be Rhodium Silver, which I drove for 4000+ miles. The RS is GT Silver Metallic.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:13 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
The one on the left is for people who want to drive on the street with a wing with occasional track days. It is also the one for people who can't get the one on the right.
Perfect, thanks 😜
Old 07-03-2015, 01:53 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

RS wing too small...
taller and another 18" wider for me....
Old 07-03-2015, 06:44 AM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Default GT3 and GT3 RS side by side

Originally Posted by biglare
great way quickly compare them visually and in the same color.

Thanks for posting!
Dude... Are you scouting a 3? Same here lol
Old 07-03-2015, 07:54 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
RS wing too small...
taller and another 18" wider for me....
+1 - though it needs the RSR hood as well.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:33 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Looks a lot more like the RSR than the turbo, which has been running side vents for a while now - generally they're partially restricted due to HP limitations but the RS looks very close to the RSR which brings it more inline with the RS/RSR traditions. I'm a big fan of it and look forward to picking up a 2 RS to match.
^ This
Old 07-03-2015, 08:34 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
And, this ^
Old 07-03-2015, 09:15 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

I'm in nitpicking; the front bumper is extremely ugly on both. Especially directly in the center where the middle-air intake is a bit lower with thin strips of slanted plastic around the edge. Luckily in person it isn't as bad looking from the bird perspective.

The wing on the standard GT3 is horrendous and looks boy-racer instead of purposeful. The RS wing alone makes it by far the better looking car IMHO.

The RS hood looks better.

The taillights on this 991 generation are already beginning to look a bit dated.

I'm not sure if I like the front and rear fender vents on the RS but they aren't that horrendous. Probably the best of both worlds from a looks perspective would be a standard GT3 with the RS hood and wing.

Both cars share the interior of a $45,000 Boxster unless you spruce them up by adding carbon and buckets.

Honestly I think these cars are both the large beneficiary of extremely low interest rates and people searching for asset safe havens. 20 years from now they're both gonna be the ugly remnants of a luxury eco-truck company.

...all that said; the fact that both are easily the best cars in the entire market right now short of a Speciale shows you exactly how far we've fallen down the eco rabbit hole. Thanks liberals!
Old 07-03-2015, 09:21 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pmpsch

- Half way through his transformation: Bruce is barely turning green. Still looks human but is not yet the Hulk. For many the GT3 retains the purity of the lines of the Carrera. But can also be seen as a wanna-be racer/ricer should I say. With its teeny weeny wing popping up timidly. Incomplete. To me the wing looks sillier in the GT3 than on the RS. It is like seeing a Corolla with those after market huge wings (only talking about visuals here. We all know the GT3 is very potent)
Old 07-03-2015, 09:25 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
To me, the RS looks more like a toy. Or something a crazy aftermarket tuner got hold of.
Yes; a crazy aftermarket tuner building for a race team with an unlimited budget vs Joe dirt slapping a plastic wing on his Honda ****box (base GT3).

Go big or go home.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:32 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
I'm in nitpicking; the front bumper is extremely ugly on both. Especially directly in the center where the middle-air intake is a bit lower with thin strips of slanted plastic around the edge. Luckily in person it isn't as bad looking from the bird perspective.

The wing on the standard GT3 is horrendous and looks boy-racer instead of purposeful. The RS wing alone makes it by far the better looking car IMHO.

The RS hood looks better.

The taillights on this 991 generation are already beginning to look a bit dated.

I'm not sure if I like the front and rear fender vents on the RS but they aren't that horrendous. Probably the best of both worlds from a looks perspective would be a standard GT3 with the RS hood and wing.

Both cars share the interior of a $45,000 Boxster unless you spruce them up by adding carbon and buckets.

Honestly I think these cars are both the large beneficiary of extremely low interest rates and people searching for asset safe havens. 20 years from now they're both gonna be the ugly remnants of a luxury eco-truck company.

...all that said; the fact that both are easily the best cars in the entire market right now short of a Speciale shows you exactly how far we've fallen down the eco rabbit hole. Thanks liberals!
Dated are you serious this is the best looking GT3 that has come off the line, and the interiors are actually from the Panamera vs. the old with the E brake in the center which was not too good looking. We all have personal taste but I think your perceptions are in the minority. Also low interest rates most GT3 owners actually cut a check vs. finance its not a primary car with 80% being tracked so I doubt rates have anything to do with it.

Quick Reply: GT3 and GT3 RS side by side