Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in S. Orange County, CA with LWB's?

Old 07-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone in S. Orange County, CA with LWB's?

Hi everyone.

I've got an allocation for a GT4 to be built in mid-November and I'm agonizing over the seat selection. I've currently spec'd the LWB seats based almost entirely on online reviews and a brief amount of seat time in a Carrera GT. Unfortunately/fortunately even the lightweight buckets in the CGT are slightly different from the current LWB's in the 991 GT3 and the new GT4.

I live in Dana Point, CA but work in Irvine. I'm hoping one of you might have a 991 GT3 with LWB's and would allow me to buy you coffee/beer/tea you call it for the opportunity to quickly meet (at your convenience) so that both my wife and I can sit in your seats for a moment to make sure we're at least comfortable.

I feel odd asking something like this on the open internet but my dealer continues to try and track someone down to do this for us. Unfortunately, he's down in Carlsbad (Hoehn) and the one fellow who has offered to do this has been in India for six weeks and might not be back for another month. I don't want to lock my build only to find out that I can't even get comfortable in these seats.

Thanks in advance,

Christian
Old 07-01-2015, 09:47 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,788 Likes on 2,157 Posts

Christian, I'll be in Irvine Friday through Sunday if you want to check out my LWB seats in my GT3. Check your PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:03 AM
Awdnut
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 20 Posts

I also have LWBs in my car. You are welcome to try out the seats although I am a little bit north of you near CSUF just in case it does not work out with usctrojanGT3
Old 07-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A big thank you to everyone who has responded here and in PM. Amazing that a quick post here on RL gets me much better response than my SA seems to be getting at the dealer.

My family and I are poised to leave town for the holiday weekend (in hindsight I should have posted after that trip was complete) but I will take one of you up on your offer when I return.

Again, thanks so much for you kindness and generosity. One of the best parts of Porsche ownership and PCA membership has been and continues to be... the people.

Happy and safe 4th everyone.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:28 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,701 Likes on 2,682 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Again, thanks so much for you kindness and generosity. One of the best parts of Porsche ownership and PCA membership has been and continues to be... the people.
Yep, I had someone generously let me try the LWB's in a GT4 as well. Very helpful to try before you buy. I was pleasantly surprised by the headroom with helmet - better than 997.2 GT3 with folding GT2 seats.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:03 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sent you and email. I am in Irvine Monday through Thursday most weeks. Happy to let you sit in the car, it is my DD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone in S. Orange County, CA with LWB's?