Sponsored by:

GTS PTS Available Norcal!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 09:53 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default GTS PTS Available Norcal!

Bad arrogant experience with Steven's Creek too. They alluded to the fact their market "will pay" what they ask for. In other worlds, the overinflated stock market techies have more cash than they know what to do with.

Made a reasonable offer on a car. Denied. 4-5 months pass (car still unsold), they finally reduced the car to a lower price than my original offer! I had found another car by then.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:53 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by biglare
I'm ready to move to a Fashion Grey GT3 from my 2 month old Fashion Grey M3. I just hate to pay anything over MSRP..... I'm with you fellas!
To be honest, might as well wait for the 991.2 GT3, and just order it in Fashion Grey when the PTS window opens up.

Anyone who says there won't be a 991.2 GT3, 991.2 GT3 RS, 992 GT3, 992 GT3 RS, has no idea what they're talking about. PAG loves money. This is how they make money (by pushing out variants).
Old 06-30-2015, 09:55 PM
STG
Race Director

Right on ^^^^ Yesterday's sales are behind them. Always looking to the next quarter and year. New cars will never stop. They'll always find a way to sell you or make you trade into a new one. It's happening as we speak.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:58 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Where's the emodicon when you need it? Man, the things that some of these dealers to make a little more money. Thanks to a fellow RL member I connected with the Gaudin sales manager...seems like a great guy who really understands the meaning of building a long-term relationship with a customer. I'm hoping to meet him next week.
Here's the best part... Since 2010, Porsche of Stevens Creek has missed out on me purchasing no less than 10 cars (along with putting down deposits on no less than 10 more upcoming / rumored cars). Getting into a car relationship with me is rewarding. Plus, I throw all my referrals at you.

Their loss.

Originally Posted by STG991
Bad arrogant experience with Steven's Creek too. They alluded to the fact their market "will pay" what they ask for. In other worlds, the overinflated stock market techies have more cash than they know what to do with.

Made a reasonable offer on a car. Denied. 4-5 months pass (car still unsold), they finally reduced the car to a lower price than my original offer! I had found another car by then.
Yeah, so, the problem with any dealership on Stevens Creek is it's one of the SF Bay Area's sales hotspots. In fact, it could be argued it is *the* SF Bay Area's car sales hotspot. Salespeople on that road do not need to hustle to sell cars. A lot of "well off" (note: I don't say "rich" because rich folks tend to actually be wiser with their money) don't care, they just want the car. In fact, many of them send their assistants to do the deed. Do you really think your assistant (note: not your car broker) will hustle and negotiate hard for you? Nope.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,096 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Here's the best part... Since 2010, Porsche of Stevens Creek has missed out on me purchasing no less than 10 cars (along with putting down deposits on no less than 10 more upcoming / rumored cars). Getting into a car relationship with me is rewarding. Plus, I throw all my referrals at you.

Their loss.
Yeah, they can't see the forest (the long-term customer for life and all the referral business) through the trees (trying to make a killing on a few cars). Plus the double dip on the trade-ins as well. When the economy going into recession, and it will sooner or later, hopefully dealers that don't value customer relationships get punished the most.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:28 PM
STG
Race Director

There is definitely a bubble being over inflated. Sooner or later...... Pop ..
Old 06-30-2015, 10:33 PM
STG
Race Director

"A lot of "well off" (note: I don't say "rich" because rich folks tend to actually be wiser with their money)"

Well said .. You don't get rich paying over sticker price for cars.

Unfortunately some guys have watched one too many episodes of flip this house and try to play that game with new cars as well.

Buying a new car, driving it for 6 months, and expecting to make a profit selling it isn't a gig that lasts too long.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:30 AM
biglare
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

To be honest, might as well wait for the 991.2 GT3, and just order it in Fashion Grey when the PTS window opens up.

Anyone who says there won't be a 991.2 GT3, 991.2 GT3 RS, 992 GT3, 992 GT3 RS, has no idea what they're talking about. PAG loves money. This is how they make money (by pushing out variants).
Thanks! That sounds like a better plan and most likely what I'll do. I just love driving the GT3 and hate the wait... Oh well.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:55 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

This is (much) easier said than done.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:10 AM
woodrow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 gts

Niello porsche in rocklin rocks, Candy my sales rep is wonderful to deal with as well as the staff there, i got 2% off msrp + good trade value on the 2014 rs5 , $600 off the 100k 10 year warranty...p/s enjoying the gts mt w/pdcc areokitcup is growing on me just fine
Old 07-01-2015, 11:16 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Hilarious but true!

There's quite a few for sale now and more on the way (and not selling overnight) and will be worse in the next 2+ months. The honeymoon is coming to an end. A lot of the GT3 buyers aren't true "die hard Porsche" enthusiasts.

The 991.1 won't fair as well as the previous generations, and will get squeezed when the 991.2 arrives. Assuming there is a 991.2 GT3 before the next generation. A manual version will blow things out of the water. Amazing how many manuals are selling in the GTS and the GT4's being impossible to get. Quite the demand and a surprise to Porsche I'm sure.
It is truly a testament to market interest in MT if that many PDK-rigged MTs are selling. I sold mine after 4-5 months and haven't really missed it. As to the 1GT3 market, dealers are continuing to get over sticker for used 1GT3s. And several GT3 RS buyers have reported that dealers gave them MSRP on their 1GT3 trades. So I can understand why 1GT3 owners don't seem too worried. Oh, and if you think a GT4 is impossible to get, try to find a 2016 GT3.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:56 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sportscentury
This is (much) easier said than done.
Indeed, I know. Especially with the way things are trending with PTS and Porsche Exclusive these days.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:31 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
Why are you guys so bent out of shape? Fellow rennlisters are no better (maybe even worse) and equally to blame for over-MSRP GT3 transactions.
Correct - every one for sale in the classifieds is over MSRP. There's a 2014 red one with 6,000 miles over MSRP. That's almost a 2 year old car!

I believe in the market economy. Don't slam dealers when everyone is doing it.

I paid over MSRP for a car once and wont do it again.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:34 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
Correct - every one for sale in the classifieds is over MSRP. There's a 2014 red one with 6,000 miles over MSRP. That's almost a 2 year old car!

I believe in the market economy. Don't slam dealers when everyone is doing it.

Dealers selling Used cars above MSRP is different from selling New cars above MSRP.

They acquired Used cars at a discount (or list higher, sometimes higher than MSRP) to bake in a profit.

New cars already come with profit baked in, from the factory.

It might feel like a double standard, but I believe it taints the brand for dealers to command above MSRP for brand new, untitled cars.

(This is why Ferrari dealers love clients who buy a bunch of new cars each year, put a few hundred miles on them, and trade them in. Now they can get around Ferrari's mandate to not sell new cars above MSRP by selling them "used.")
Old 07-01-2015, 04:35 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky

And that's why some dealers don't charge over MSRP. They know that doing so does not breed long term loyalty.

Quick Reply: GTS PTS Available Norcal!