Sponsored by:

Exhaust and Car Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 06:36 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust and Car Warranty

So I just installed the SW bypass on my car.. I have not asked the dealership if I would lose the warranty should a bypass be installed. I think that there should not be an issue, but thinking maybe I should remove it before taking it to service.

Anybody knows?
Old 06-26-2015, 07:21 AM
Fadi1
Pro

The SW bypasses does not void the warranty for sure. I had mine installed at the dealership and ordered it through them as well.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:35 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Warranty T&Cs are set by your local distributor, I know that it doesn't void the warranty in the US but can't comment on any other markets.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:54 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

No issues the dealer supports the install, and they did mine as well so I know they will cover.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:25 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Depends on the dealer. Most have no problem with a center muffler bypass. However, a friend had center muffler bypass on a 991 C2S that was not installed by the dealer, and his dealer refused to fix his intake manifold after it failed, because they blamed his after market center bypass.

So I would ask your dealer ahead of time, before you need warranty service.

Last edited by Drifting; 06-26-2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: .
Old 06-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

If they install it they have to cover it its logged in the service history unles they ask you to sign a waiver which was not asked.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:29 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Depends on the dealer. Most have no problem with a center muffler bypass. However, a friend had center muffler bypass on a 991 C2S that was not installed by the dealer, and his dealer refused to fix his intake manifold after it failed, because they blamed his after market center bypass.

So I would ask your dealer ahead of time, before you need warranty service.
How would a center bypass effect the intake manifold? Time for a different dealership in my opinion.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:45 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Warranty T&Cs are set by your local distributor, I know that it doesn't void the warranty in the US but can't comment on any other markets.
My experience is that most dealers will try to warranty most everything regardless of minor mods to take care of customers and will goodwill even some items that might be clearly not warrantable by PCNA but the reality is any non factory modification that is deemed to have contributed to a malfunction and needed replacment can void the warranty on the specific part or parts the dealer or PCNA believe were affected. There is absolutely no documentation from Porsche that specifically states that under all circumstances a aftermarket or non factory part will not impact warranty.

Last edited by sccchiii; 06-28-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:29 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

will need to discuss it with my dealer to make sure that it does not affect warranty
Old 06-28-2015, 02:48 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
My experience is that most dealers will try to warranty most everything regardless of minor mods to take care of customers and will goodwill even some items that might be clearly not warrantable by PCNA but the reality is any non factory modification that is deemed to have contributed to a malfunction and needed replacment can void the warranty on the specific part or parts the dealer or PCNA believe were affected. There is absolutely no documentation from Porsche that specifically states that under all circumstances a aftermarket or non factory part will not impact warranty.
This is the truth. Don't be fooled into thinking that just because a dealer installed a mod that it will not impact a warranty claim. Your dealer is not the entity that warrants your car. It is PCNA and they are pretty picky about warranty claims and mods. I know a guy that had a 997.2 GTS that had a center muffler bypass put on and then had a engine seal leak. He had to restore the exhaust back to stock to get the warranty work done.

My times PCNA requires pictures be taken of your car for warranty claims.

Quick Reply: Exhaust and Car Warranty