Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I making the right decision?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 10:29 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

As others have said, you are probably not making the right decision here.

We obviously don't know your family and financial information but those two items need to come first before diving into a purchase as serious as a GT3.

Also, let's not forget your insurance ... it's going to go up with a GT3, so you have to factor that into your monthly or annual payments.

If I were you, I wouldn't purchase it until 100% of the cash is in the bank ... then I'd finance a part of it.

OTOH, I do understand the need to get a Porsche into your system. There are lots of great alternatives for far less money. Think 997.2, used 991 C2S, etc. Lots of bang for your buck at half or less the cost of the GT3. Apples to Oranges I know, but still lots of fun none-the-less.

There will be way better cars coming out of Stuttgart in the future, don't think for a second the 991 GT3 is the end-all of great cars from Porsche.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:37 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by k997

There will be way better cars coming out of Stuttgart in the future, don't think for a second the 991 GT3 is the end-all of great cars from Porsche.
+1. And I'm confident Gen2 of the GT3 is just around the corner, making the new RS really optional.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:04 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
The GT3 is not a "payment"car. I once had a a corvette payment that was $1367 per month, but I didn't care because I could have paid cash and only financed it because they offered 0%. Like others said, if you are not comfortable writing a check for the whole amount, then don't finance it.
Not only do I agree with Zucc completely, I think we both got our Vettes for 0% financing in that same year! Haha! While financing rates are lower these days it has never made sense to me to borrow money at much higher levels to buy a depreciating asset. And for those who think they can just snap their fingers and get a substantially GUARANTEED rate of return better than what T-Bills will yield after taxes....well lets just say that its complacency like this that makes me a bit concerned about current market conditions.

Quick Reply: Am I making the right decision?