Sponsored by:

WTB: 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:06 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Thanks all for the comments and PMs. I think I have found the right car for me, but nothing is over until I have the car and he has the money.

Definitely is a seller's market right now.

Theoretically these would make sense, but:

I can't afford an RS (yet?) and wouldn't want to DD one anyway. Even if I could get an allocation, which I can't.

I need a car now, and I don't want to drive a beater or take Marta while I wait for a .2 GT3.

That said, I am in the camp that believes the 991.2 GT3 will be a 2017-2018 model with incremental enhancements over the 991.1 GT3. Facelift, 15 more hp, etc. 50% probability of manual transmission availability I would say, and minimal chance of a turbo engine.

I have multiple personal data points for poor service at Jim Ellis, and I am always vociferous in my complaints when I have the ear of a higher-up at PCNA. Last year at Petit I conveyed my disgust to more than one PCNA executive while in the private Porsche Hospitality tent. I was very, very close to buying a C7 Z51 Corvette out of disgust, but instead purchased a 997.1 GT3.

Hennessy isn't much better though.

3.5 years ago I was just out of college with a bonus check burning a hole in my pocket. I wanted a 993 badly. There were two cars in Atlanta. One at Hennessy, one with a broker. I called Hennessy, expressed my interest, and set up a test drive. I arrived on Saturday evening at the appointed time. The salesman said "look kid, these cars are expensive, I can't let you joyride in this type of car when you're not a serious buyer. We have a 986 Boxster that would probably be more manageable for a 22 year old." I drove the other local 993 the next day and bought it on the spot.

The ONLY dealer about which I can say unfailingly positive things is Brumos. I know the GM personally. He has always been gracious, kind, and unflappable. And I've never spent a nickel inside there.

I might consider selling the only "confirmed" PTS Viper green with LWB
lift, full leather, extended leather dash, sports chrono etc....$180K USD
yeah that's greedy. PS Canadian spec car
Old 06-13-2015, 05:41 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
89, Interesting. Do you recall the salesman's name? Frankly, your Hennessy Story sounds unlikely. Best, Allan
I don't recall the salesman's name. It was 3.5 years ago, and I haven't been inside Hennessy since then given that they - apparently - don't think I'm a credible customer.

Another Hennessy story:

I walked out of the Barnes & Noble on the other side of 400 one Saturday morning a few years ago. Turn key to crank the 993 (my only car at the time), and it won't crank. Broken drive belt. I call Hennessy and ask if they can help me out provided I get AAA to tow me to the dealer (perhaps a mile away).

Saturday is a busy day of course; can they get me in and out of there that day? No.

Can they take the car and put me in a (non-Porsche) loaner car for a few days? No.

Can they take the car and store it there until they can get around to working on it, while I thumb a ride or walk back into town (ie, no loaner car)? No.

The best they can do is tell me to have the car towed to my home and then towed back to them in 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by H82BL8
Too rich for my blood unfortunately.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:39 AM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^
89, Sorry to hear your story about Hennessy. They are almost always spoken of positively by most customers. In fact, they were our Major Sponsor for the GT3 in the Smokies Event we just completed. Good luck with your new GT3. Best, Allan
Old 06-13-2015, 09:40 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

I bet you would have little trouble getting that price.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:45 AM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Im not selling. I just threw that out there. There is a dollar figure that would allow me to let go of this fabulous car and it would be 180K USD. The GT3 is worth every penny.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:55 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Considering about $165k US gets you a PTS RS in Canada, I think you're correct. Sure you have to wait a few months, but still.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:59 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

Like Allan, I have had great experience with Hennessy. One Sat night at about 7pm a light came on in my turbo, my salesman, John Dissen, had a tech call me in 2 minutes and told me not to worry about it. They have bent over backwards for me several times.

I too doubt they were that rude.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:15 AM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

3.5 years ago I was just out of college with a bonus check burning a hole in my pocket. I wanted a 993 badly. There were two cars in Atlanta. One at Hennessy, one with a broker. I called Hennessy, expressed my interest, and set up a test drive. I arrived on Saturday evening at the appointed time. The salesman said "look kid, these cars are expensive, I can't let you joyride in this type of car when you're not a serious buyer. We have a 986 Boxster that would probably be more manageable for a 22 year old." I drove the other local 993 the next day and bought it on spot.

The ONLY dealer about which I can say unfailingly positive things is Brumos. I know the GM personally. He has always been gracious, kind, and unflappable. And I've never spent a nickel inside there.
A little over a year ago I was told by Hennessy that I didn't really want a GT3 and I should come look at other models. Wrong answer. I placed a deposit with Porsche of Chattanooga a couple of weeks later and picked up my GT3 in Nov. Great purchase experience. I think everyone at the dealership came out to congratulate us when my wife and I picked up the car. Fun day!
Old 06-13-2015, 03:03 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

After a strange turn of events - sold my 993, teenager failed to yield resulting in a total loss on my 997.1 GT3 - I'm in the market for a 991 GT3.

I am in Atlanta, have cash in hand, and am motivated to move quickly since I don't have a vehicle now.

Dealbreakers:

Must Have Buckets
Must Not Be Yellow

Nice To Have:

PCCB
Full Leather
Steering Wheel in Alcantara, Not Leather
Extended Range Fuel Tank
Carbon Trim
Sound Package Plus
Satellite Radio
Michelin vs. Dunlop Tires
Extensive Clear Bra Coverage

Indifferent:

Miles
Track Time
Headlight Configuration
Front Axle Lift
Sport Chrono
Wow. It appears as though I'm the first to think or say this: after yearS of talking sh*t about 991 GT3 I guess things have come full circle.

Years of "tough" talk.... now what.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:40 PM
FORENN
Banned

Im not selling. I just threw that out there. There is a dollar figure that would allow me to let go of this fabulous car and it would be 180K USD. The GT3 is worth every penny.
Yes, I understood your post.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:41 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by the_vetman
Wow. It appears as though I'm the first to think or say this: after yearS of talking sh*t about 991 GT3 I guess things have come full circle.

Years of "tough" talk.... now what.
I guess there is more to the story here?
Old 06-19-2015, 12:09 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Car should be here Wednesday!

Quick Reply: WTB: 991 GT3