Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Are RS allocations done for now

 
Old 06-04-2015, 11:22 AM
  #1  
jy2114
User
Thread Starter
 
jy2114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Default Are RS allocations done for now

After the 2nd round of RS allocations, my quick calcs suggest 1900 cars are now committed (2 allocations x 2.5 per dealer x 189 N. America dealers x 2 worldwide).

There were 3,500 997 RS cars built over 5 years / 2 runs and around 3,000 991 GT3's built over 2 years (1 run so far).

So have we now reached the mid way point for the 991 RS ? Will there be anymore cars built this time around or are we into the v2 RS after a couple of years.

Sounds like it might be a good idea to get one if you can ...
jy2114 is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 01:27 PM
  #2  
poofyo101
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 714
Default

When has there been a second round of allocations?
poofyo101 is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 01:39 PM
  #3  
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,814
Default

Originally Posted by poofyo101 View Post
When has there been a second round of allocations?
Even though people have been saying their dealers got a second round, my sources tell me that there has been no second round. If any allocs are trickling in, it is because the regional managers choose to sit on some to use as sales target incentives / rewards.

The first round included 710 build slots. Slightly less than half went to 918 VIP's. There has been no second round, yet, as I'm told. This is because PAG originally planned to make this a short MY2016 run, ending Production Starts in December 2015. PCNA, of course, knows the demand in the US (we are the largest market), and no doubt has been trying to convince PAG that this is folly.

I doubt there will be a true second round until this convincing is successful and PAG extends production a few more months into Calendar Year 2016.
GreenLantern is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 01:54 PM
  #4  
Jon70
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Jon70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,473
Default

Not sure if allocations are based on this, but the strong U.S. dollar certainly can't hurt.
Jon70 is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 02:05 PM
  #5  
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,814
Default

Originally Posted by Jon70 View Post
Not sure if allocations are based on this, but the strong U.S. dollar certainly can't hurt.
Hopefully that helps PCNA convince PAG.
GreenLantern is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 02:05 PM
  #6  
montoya
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
montoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,013
Default

Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Even though people have been saying their dealers got a second round, my sources tell me that there has been no second round. If any allocs are trickling in, it is because the regional managers choose to sit on some to use as sales target incentives / rewards.

The first round included 710 build slots. Slightly less than half went to 918 VIP's. There has been no second round, yet, as I'm told. This is because PAG originally planned to make this a short MY2016 run, ending Production Starts in December 2015. PCNA, of course, knows the demand in the US (we are the largest market), and no doubt has been trying to convince PAG that this is folly.

I doubt there will be a true second round until this convincing is successful and PAG extends production a few more months into Calendar Year 2016.
No convincing is required. As published elsewhere, production is already scheduled into 2016. Porsche is just not releasing allocations yet. Expect around 500 allocations (my speculation- but I expect that to be close, could be more maybe up to 700) for the US market sometime in the fall, maybe in two bursts. This was the pattern followed by the GT3.
montoya is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 02:26 PM
  #7  
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,814
Default

Originally Posted by montoya View Post
No convincing is required. As published elsewhere, production is already scheduled into 2016. Porsche is just not releasing allocations yet. Expect around 500 allocations (my speculation- but I expect that to be close, could be more maybe up to 700) for the US market sometime in the fall, maybe in two bursts. This was the pattern followed by the GT3.
Sounds like this would be right. I do hope it ends up happening. From what I'm told, it's not already scheduled (but, of course, I might just not be getting the full picture). From what I'm aware, all that's certain, so far, is that Production Starts run through the end of December 2015, with production ending early 2016.

I do suspect that they'll realize that this is nuts, and will extend starts into Q1 2016. That sounds in line with what you've heard / read.

(Where has it already been published elsewhere, by the way? Clearly I missed this. Much appreciated!)
GreenLantern is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 02:28 PM
  #8  
NateOZ
Super User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 3,469
Default

Originally Posted by Jon70 View Post
Not sure if allocations are based on this, but the strong U.S. dollar certainly can't hurt.
Also an opportunity for USD buyers, base price in Canada is only $US162k...
NateOZ is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 02:35 PM
  #9  
carcommander
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
carcommander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,848
Default

In the latest Chistopherus (SP) the Porsche mag, it says production goes to spring of 2016 for a total of 2,000 units world wide. I was told by a national Porsche rep recently that PCNA doesn't know if there will be further allocations. All I can say is if you don't have one stay close to your dealer. If there is another allocation the demand will be high especially now that the road tests are being conducted.
carcommander is online now  
Old 06-04-2015, 02:38 PM
  #10  
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,814
Default

Originally Posted by carcommander View Post
In the latest Chistopherus (SP) the Porsche mag, it says production goes to spring of 2016 for a total of 2,000 units world wide.
Yup, that's in line with what I've heard, and with what I'm saying. Production goes into the Spring of 2016 == Production Starts run through December 2015, with production ending in the first few months of 2016.

What we need is for PAG to open up some more starts in Q1 2016, and then we're in business.

Originally Posted by carcommander View Post
I was told by a national Porsche rep recently that PCNA doesn't know if there will be further allocations.
+1

They're nagging PAG for more, but no one knows if they'll get more. They (PCNA) obviously hope for more since there's enough demand, and a lot of money left on the table otherwise.
GreenLantern is offline  
Old 06-04-2015, 02:45 PM
  #11  
carcommander
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
carcommander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,848
Default

It was explained to me that various part availabilities (seats etc.) was the basis for limited production.
carcommander is online now  
Old 06-04-2015, 02:52 PM
  #12  
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,814
Default

Originally Posted by carcommander View Post
It was explained to me that various part availabilities (seats etc.) was the basis for limited production.
Wouldn't be surprised, but that's still perhaps the most idiotic reason for limited production... And I hope PAG is furious about that (if true).
GreenLantern is offline  
Old 06-05-2015, 02:15 AM
  #13  
dark knight
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Support our troops! go USA!!!
Posts: 1,955
Default

Originally Posted by carcommander View Post
In the latest Chistopherus (SP) the Porsche mag, it says production goes to spring of 2016 for a total of 2,000 units world wide. I was told by a national Porsche rep recently that PCNA doesn't know if there will be further allocations. All I can say is if you don't have one stay close to your dealer. If there is another allocation the demand will be high especially now that the road tests are being conducted.
I think "stay close to your dealer" means dont call around stirring up chaos, stick with your usual dealer so they can accurately gauge demand and they will release more allocations later on
dark knight is offline  
Old 06-05-2015, 02:21 AM
  #14  
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,814
Default

Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
I think "stay close to your dealer" means dont call around stirring up chaos, stick with your usual dealer so they can accurately gauge demand and they will release more allocations later on
Yup. Sounds about right.
GreenLantern is offline  
Old 06-05-2015, 12:27 PM
  #15  
TRAKCAR
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TRAKCAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 26,861
Default

The party line is no more RS.

Maybe some will thickle out like a few 08 GT3RS 09 GT2 11RS....
TRAKCAR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are RS allocations done for now


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: