Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 01:23 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

speedster is very nice... I have kept an eye out for low mileage examples, and haven't seen many... how did you find this car? broker? yourself? dealer? thanks for the intel
Old 10-31-2015, 12:44 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by farfromcommonGT3
I can't wait, but unfortunately the start of this love affair means the end of the love affair I had with the Fashion Grey / Greymode GT3. Its truly been my favorite car ever, and it only speaks to how appreciative I am for my father that I would give it up to go into the Speedster. Its still a bit surreal really. I also was even more picky when it comes to the Speedster, as I HAD to have a sport design steering wheel, lest I lose the deviated stitching on the steering wheel. Why I can't just be ok with having any optional spec I will never know! I have turned down 3 white cars because they all had the multifunction wheel and the sirius / xm antenna. Both total do not pass go, do not collect $100 options for me as they both aesthetically and functionally affect my enjoyment with the car. This car had my holy grail spec of NO options haha, especially not the fire extinguisher

Daniel: I AM still indeed getting Grigio Telesto, and I have a dealer delivered date of 12/10. The car is a VIP allocation, so I would guess the delivery date is positively affected by that detail. I also know that now before the end of the year, RS' are landing all over the place, be it standard colors, or even the so called rush PTS colors. I will definitely keep you guys updated on this space, and I CANT wait. Its a bummer I don't have the funds, because I would love to keep the Fashion Grey, The Telesto RS, and the speedster, because they all have their own character. I also believe the GT3 to be a MUCH prettier car than the RS. To that end I am going to do some aesthetic mods to the RS (painting ALL the plastics on the exterior, front wings, exterior engine cover, 3/4 intakes, all lower valance, side skirt, and rear valance elements in body color to match the calipers which I am going to paint in Telesto as well to complement the satin black wing end plates, wing supports, and the forthcoming HRE's in satin black as well)

I really appreciate both Your (Daniel) and Eduardo's help, as it has emboldened me to keep coming with these unique GT cars, and I know that the RS is going to be my car for a LOOOONG time.

C
That is a very rare and beautiful car! You will be so happy with it, especially since it has special meaning for you and your father. Way to go to be so persistent and find the car of your dreams!
Looking forward to seeing your RS too. Thanks for the info on deliveries arriving soon. I can't wait to see the PTS cars get to their owners.

Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
Wow, farfromcommongt3's is epic thanks Daniel and Eduardo for the PTS education. I will definitely consult with you guys on PTS issues going forward. I did not know of all of the options beyond the RS orange, Miami, voo-doo, and such. Truly eye opening. What part of the country do you guys live in? Atlanta has a great Porsche crowd but you guys are really taking things to the next level my God that Targa was gorgeous!! When are you posting your GT3 for sale farfroomcommongt3?
You're too kind, but really Eduardo is the brains of the operation here. I just try to pick up what I can from him and others! But I'm happy to try to help any time. Hopefully you'll get the chance soon to explore the range of colours that PTS offers. It was a really great experience for me to do this myself. I'm in British Columbia, Canada, btw.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:54 PM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure where this pic comes from, sorry if it's already been posted but looks like the first RS in Miami Blue to me.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:55 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 516 Posts

Looks good in that lighting. First time I've seen that pic.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:16 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcx
Not sure where this pic comes from, sorry if it's already been posted but looks like the first RS in Miami Blue to me.

Originally Posted by Dr. G
Looks good in that lighting. First time I've seen that pic.
Well, you missed it. It was previously posted on the PTS reference thread by Nizer on 10/27.
And by Jamie140 at another thread:

Post # 924:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...gt3-rs-62.html

Yes, it looks like the sample of 'Miami Blue' shown to me by Melissa Witek and Matthew Henry at the Porsche Zentrum at The Quail in August:

But I have seen photos of 'Riviera Blue' look like that too. Hopefully, we will have confirmation of what color that is pretty soon.
As Reagan use to say: 'Trust, but verify'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-31-2015, 03:50 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
Well, you missed it. It was previously posted on the PTS reference thread by Nizer on 10/27. And by Jamie140 at another thread: Post # 924: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...gt3-rs-62.html Yes, it looks like the sample of 'Miami Blue' shown to me by Melissa Witek and Matthew Henry at the Porsche Zentrum at The Quail in August: But I have seen photos of 'Riviera Blue' look like that too. Hopefully, we will have confirmation of what color that is pretty soon. As Reagan use to say: 'Trust, but verify'. Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
My friend's RS was ordered in Mexico Blue. Ever seen photos of Mexico look like that?
Old 10-31-2015, 04:23 PM
The Big Easy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I asked the folks to provide a sample of Miami Blue and compared it to Ultraviolet.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Attached Images  
Old 10-31-2015, 04:48 PM
FLAT6KING
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, you missed it. It was previously posted on the PTS reference thread by Nizer on 10/27. And by Jamie140 at another thread: Post # 924: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...gt3-rs-62.html Yes, it looks like the sample of 'Miami Blue' shown to me by Melissa Witek and Matthew Henry at the Porsche Zentrum at The Quail in August: But I have seen photos of 'Riviera Blue' look like that too. Hopefully, we will have confirmation of what color that is pretty soon. As Reagan use to say: 'Trust, but verify'. Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
Is it possible Eduardo for that color to skew on the green side like UV shows blue in certain light?
Old 10-31-2015, 04:49 PM
FLAT6KING
Instructor

This is what I'm talking about:
View this post on Instagram
Old 10-31-2015, 05:34 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by The Big Easy
Hi Everyone,

I asked the folks to provide a sample of Miami Blue and compared it to Ultraviolet.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Yes it does. Thanks!

Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
Is it possible Eduardo for that color to skew on the green side like UV shows blue in certain light?
My friend's RS was ordered in Mexico Blue. Ever seen photos of Mexico look like that?
Everything is possible when you are dealing with photographs and you don't know how accurate
the camera's lenses are in capturing the color as the human eye would see it.

The photo looks like it was taken at Zuffenhausen at night, parked at the side of Werk II after
it was built. The picture appears to be taken through a metal fence, which is what you expect.
Here is similar photo I took at the side of the factory a few years ago:

Its obviously not the same location since the parking lines are slanted differently and the windows
you see appear to be 'lower':

Regardless, Melissa Witek has described to us the new 'Miami Blue' as having quite a bit of 'green' tint in it.
So I tend to think the photo is question is indeed 'Miami Blue'. 'Mexico' is a bit darker than 'Riviera', so I
doubt it could be 'Mexico'. Here are some photos I took at 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen last July.
Riviera is the lighter blue on the right of the photo, second row from the top:

But I don't even trust my own photos...you need to see them with your own eyes to realize the difference
between the various shades of any of these beautiful colors!

But we will know soon enough. And I think 'Miami Blue' is going to be a very attractive color...and a popular
one at that with Porsche customers! It comes to us because of the overwhelming success of 'Riviera Blue',
which I think it's the most requested PTS color today at Porsche. And thus (my conjecture) PAG has decided
to give us (their customers) a similar hue that can be easily ordered without the hassle, delays & high cost
of PTS. And I, for one, am very grateful for that...and so should many of you!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-31-2015, 05:57 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Yes it does. Thanks! ***** Everything is possible when you are dealing with photographs and you don't know how accurate the camera's lenses are in capturing the color as the human eye would see it. The photo looks like it was taken at Zuffenhausen at night, parked at the side of Werk II after it was built. The picture appears to be taken through a metal fence, which is what you expect. Here is similar photo I took at the side of the factory a few years ago: Its obviously not the same location since the parking lines are slanted differently and the windows you see appear to be 'lower': *** Regardless, Melissa Witek has described to us the new 'Miami Blue' as having quite a bit of 'green' tint in it. So I tend to think the photo is question is indeed 'Miami Blue'. 'Mexico' is a bit darker than 'Riviera', so I doubt it could be 'Mexico'. Here are some photos I took at 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen last July. Riviera is the lighter blue on the right of the photo, second row from the top: But I don't even trust my own photos...you need to see them with your own eyes to realize the difference between the various shades of any of these beautiful colors! *** But we will know soon enough. And I think 'Miami Blue' is going to be a very attractive color...and a popular one at that with Porsche customers! It comes to us because of the overwhelming success of 'Riviera Blue', which I think it's the most requested PTS color today at Porsche. And thus (my conjecture) PAG has decided to give us (their customers) a similar hue that can be easily ordered without the hassle, delays & high cost of PTS. And I, for one, am very grateful for that...and so should many of you! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
Eduardo - what blue is that directly over the muted olive green?
Old 10-31-2015, 08:14 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Eduardo - what blue is that directly over the muted olive green?
'Voodoo Blue'.

'Maritime Blue' is on the left and 'Voodoo Blue' is on the right.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 11-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw this on a McLaren forum and just thought it interesting (if in fact true). A guy posts up "his and hers" photos of his McLaren and 918. When asked what color the 918 is he replied that it's MSO Cerulean blue and it "took a bit or organizing to get it done". Just surprised me that Porsche would paint a car in a McLaren PTS color. Guess when you're a VIP you can do anything?!!
PS - it's a gorgeous color whatever!!
Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2015, 05:15 PM
MoeGt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1861
Size:  19.3 KB

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
Saw this on a McLaren forum and just thought it interesting (if in fact true). A guy posts up "his and hers" photos of his McLaren and 918. When asked what color the 918 is he replied that it's MSO Cerulean blue and it "took a bit or organizing to get it done". Just surprised me that Porsche would paint a car in a McLaren PTS color. Guess when you're a VIP you can do anything?!!
PS - it's a gorgeous color whatever!!
Old 11-04-2015, 07:10 PM
FLAT6KING
Instructor

Tim!!!!!!!!!!! #bluecrew

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS