Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Old 07-15-2015, 11:05 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Reuben: Where do I sent flight invoice and other Euro trip expenses to get reimbursement from Rennlist?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Bietigheim
Errr admin@rennlist.com?
Old 07-16-2015, 05:00 AM
NORTH DRIVE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by NORTH DRIVE; 07-16-2015 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Redundant
Old 07-16-2015, 05:38 AM
Intermediate

it is not known what kind of color, but it looks good

Last edited by 694; 07-16-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:56 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
I'm hoping that with enough time, things will improve with respect to availability.

Same thing happened with LWB's in my GT4 and Spyder. Both got rejected due to the order stop on LWB's for both cars. We waited. Pushed it through again. Availability cleared up slightly. GT4 approved with LWB's, Spyder rejected. Waited. Pushed it through again. Spyder approved.

I'll be sorely saddened if I can't get PTS in my GT3 RS. Not as badly as if I don't get the car entirely, but still, for that kind of money, it's a serious downer if they just say No (instead of simply delaying my build).
I hear ya.

There is always the option of a decent wrap.

This car was originally Silver.
Attached Images    
Old 07-16-2015, 08:58 AM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't read all the posts. Is that 253?? Beautiful!!!💚
Old 07-16-2015, 09:33 AM
NORTH DRIVE
Advanced

Part 1

As most of you know, PCNA made the anticipated announcement this week that PTS will be available on the MY2016 991 gt3 RS:

Below is the 5/12/2015 PTS list published by PCNA for its dealers:

Each time a Porsche model comes out (e.g. 991 vs 997), the colors must be approved all over again for the particular external materials (aluminum, steel, carbon-fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP), magnesium, standard bumper plastic, etc) used on the latest vehicles. PAG, via their paint supplier, will do coverage & fade tests for each PTS color requested via 'Porsche Exclusive' & the dealer network. And each color you see on the list has been specifically requested by a Porsche customer. Rarely a color is tested without a specific request from a customer for that particular color on an actual vehicle allocation!

To see how the approved list of colors keeps growing since early in the 991 era, compare the present 2/25/2015 PTS list with the first one we published here in Rennlist on July 25th, 2012 (document was dated 6/04/2012), back when I first started tracking the subject matter on this other thread (link below). The later, which includes more than just information on PTS, has proven quite popular and has currently has over 222K views!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html

End of Part 1

Saludos,
Eduardo
Eduardo et al,
I'm brand new here so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong...
Any idea what the 3 grey samples on the far right, 2nd row from the bottom are? How about the 3 below those? I think most specifically I'm looking at the sample 2nd from the bottom and 2nd from the right.... the first one right of what looks to be fashion grey.
I'm looking for non metallic, and have been leaning towards Slate Grey (y97) for a GT4 (Sorry to clog up the GT3 thread but I figured this is more of a PTS conversation than anything). Any info is very much appreciated, hoping to place the order very soon.
Thanks!

Last edited by NORTH DRIVE; 07-28-2015 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:55 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by dertub
Didn't read all the posts. Is that 253?? Beautiful!!!💚
When my PTS 235 lichtgrun PTS order was turned down I looked into vinyl wraps that would be close to the color. Only Avery had a color called gloss Lime Green that seemed close but actually quite different when placed next to the original Porsche color. Perhaps there are different vinyl suppliers in Europe but I suspect the wrap on that GT3 is lime green. I checked with Avery about a custom color and it would cost $12K to manufacture the minimum rolls required.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:44 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 694
it is not known what kind of color, but it looks good
Looks like 'Viper Green'...but you will not be able to confirm until owner tells us. Other possibility is 'Signal Green'...or 'grün'.

Originally Posted by NORTH DRIVE
Eduardo et al,
I'm brand new here so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong...
Any idea what the 3 grey samples on the far right, 2nd row from the bottom are? How about the 3 below those? I think most specifically I'm looking at the sample 2nd from the bottom and 2nd from the right.... the first one right of what looks to be fashion grey.
I'm looking for non metallic, and have been leaning towards Slate Grey (y97) for a GT4 (Sorry to clog up the GT3 thread but I figured this is more of a PTS conversation than anything). Any info is very much appreciated, hoping to place the order very soon.
Thanks!
Rather than speculate, let me see if I can get the right answers to your questions tomorrow at 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen! There was a 'Slate Grey' PTS Boxster in the production line today but we could talk to workers (or get close to the screens along production line) to confirm exact color code!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Bietigheim
Old 07-16-2015, 12:40 PM
NORTH DRIVE
Advanced

Looks like 'Viper Green'...but you will not be able to confirm until owner tells us. Other possibility is 'Signal Green'...or 'grün'.

Rather than speculate, let me see if I can get the right answers to your questions tomorrow at 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen! There was a 'Slate Grey' PTS Boxster in the production line today but we could talk to workers (or get close to the screens along production line) to confirm exact color code!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Bietigheim
That's great. Thank you very much!
Rob
Old 07-18-2015, 03:15 PM
1198r
Pro

so my mate who's car was same build month as mine (Sept) - we both went PTS - he went maritime blue, me Green Yellow - has told me his car been pushed back to Nov build; I checked mine and the system says all my parts ordered and Sept build date still confirmed.

Do you think the shift for some PTS is down to colour choice....?
Old 07-19-2015, 01:27 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,144 Likes on 498 Posts

It make sense for Porsche to batch produce PTS cars. They can mix up the paint in one batch and paint a few cars together. So grouping same PTS color cars together during production is preferred.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:44 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
It make sense for Porsche to batch produce PTS cars. They can mix up the paint in one batch and paint a few cars together. So grouping same PTS color cars together during production is preferred.
Probably even more so for third party suppliers who provide painted parts to the factory. Compared to the state-of-the-art paint shop at Porsche, I wonder if some of their painting facilities may be less able to quickly switch paint colours and break into the production of large quantities of standard colour components.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:49 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Saludos,
Eduardo
Bietigheim
Unfortunately, the 'Slate Grey' samples (both color code 615 & Y92) were missing on Friday July 17th & my guide at 'Porsche Exclusive' at Zuffenhausen couldn't find them in the short time we had at the 'Wailing Wall'. More when I continue my posts on my other thread regarding my visit to Germany.

Originally Posted by NORTH DRIVE
Eduardo et al,

As I will explain further on my other thread re: 'visit', we ran out of time to pursue my plans to photographed each & every color on the 'Wailing Wall'. But here is an educated guess from my notes & photos I took on Friday July 17th. The color you enclosed fully in red is (I believe) 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'. The lighter color on its left is 'Light Oxford Grey'. On the right is 'Grigiocampovolo'. This relates to your photo above.

Left 'Light Oxford' next to ' Fashion Grey / ModeGrau'

'Grigiocampovolo'

But frankly, I wish my notes and photos were better organized. Sorry. I might be able to ask for further clarification from either Germany or Atlanta on this subject if it's not very clear.

Originally Posted by 1198r
so my mate who's car was same build month as mine (Sept) - we both went PTS - he went maritime blue, me Green Yellow - has told me his car been pushed back to Nov build; I checked mine and the system says all my parts ordered and Sept build date still confirmed.

Do you think the shift for some PTS is down to colour choice....?
It's complicated. Perhaps a production allocation issues. PAG wants to space out PTS production if the orders are accepted early & if the paint can be ordered in time (usually 3 months from confirmed PTS order to production). But many variables in the equation.

Perhaps the color 'Gelbgrün' was already tested for the RS's surfaces and 'Maritime Blue' was not. So yours got to stay in scheduled for Sept and his was pushed later build to allow for complete feasibility test (not of color, but of applicability to the RS itself!). Or perhaps paint supplier had 'Gelbgrün' available in stock but not 'Maritime Blue'. One could be delivered in time for September production, but 'Maritime' not until later. Maybe too many PTS cars were scheduled for September...your made the cut, but his was pushed back!

There are many possibilities or explanations why this could have happened regarding PTS for same month allocation & scheduled build.

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Nein. This is what we thought years ago. But it's done differently now. Mostly a timing issue, ordering paint issue, etc. rather than a natural desire to do everything together & in batches.

Originally Posted by <3mph
Probably even more so for third party suppliers who provide painted parts to the factory. Compared to the state-of-the-art paint shop at Porsche, I wonder if some of their painting facilities may be less able to quickly switch paint colours and break into the production of large quantities of standard colour components.
Learned something about that specific topic too on Friday. So please stand by for when I bring up the subject up at the continuation of what was discussed at our luncheon meeting in Zuffenhausen a few days ago on July 17th. Daniel well knows the link below. But other readers might not. And I suggest you follow up on that thread for updates on what was discussed with 'Porsche Exclusive' that day in Germany which I will be posting time as time allows...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ly-2015-a.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Rothenburg on way to Volkach later today!
Franconia
Old 07-19-2015, 10:27 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

There are a couple of posts over on RT stating that calls were received from Porsche stating their RS PTS has been cancelled. Any truth to this? All too familiar if true.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:02 AM
1198r
Pro

^^ Thanks Eduardo - very interesting indeed. I'm lucky to keep my slot and can't wait to get her!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS